kia stinger store

Interior ptoducts???

jsrob905

Well that's what got me started down this path. I was dusting the dash and the tag on my microphiber rag left a scratch. Angry I rewet the rag and gave it a little scrub to see if it would buff out a little. That ok only seemed to make things worse and I got a white residue forming in the dash there and its ugly.

Rynil2000

Stinger Enthusiast
Cumming, GA
I've been using the Chemical Guys products and am happy with the results.* They have a TON of options for products, but they all seem to do similar things.

For the interior, I regularly wipe down with the "Total Interior Cleaner & Protectant" It's non-greasy, doesn't leave a shiny gloss residue, safe on most surfaces (all that I've found), and smells pleasant. They even have a "Nonsense" version with no dyes or fragrances, if you like.
upload_2019-12-17_16-25-15.png

I've used their "Leather Quick Detailer" for the soft dash, door inserts, and seats with good results. My only complaint is that I used it on the steering wheel, which left it more slick than I would have wanted. But a cursory wipe with the all-purpose took it down to a more pleasurable feel. Also, the finish is more glossy than the quick detail so getting a clean line on the material breaks (where leather meets plastic) is a pain.
upload_2019-12-17_16-31-22.png

*Not a paid spokesperson, but I play one on TV.

Vonrichthofen

That's the way mine started to look. I cleaned it with a super soft microfiber cloth and water. Im hesitant to try any cleaning products as I don't really know what the dash material is. It's not leather, it's not plastic, is it naugahyde??? LOL! Plus didn't want to grease it up as that would attract more crap. I was sick of trying to keep perdy ... thus the dash mat.
It might be “mock-naugahyde”. It looks like real naugahyde

nhcowboy28

2500 Posts Club!
Alpharetta, GA

StingertimeNC

NC
Mothers VLR. nice Mat finish, good for everything except hard plastics. I use it on seats, dash, door trim, etc.

WRXtoStingerGT

1000 Posts Club!
USA

bpang1

Albany, OR
I love this stuff. Because I am way too lazy to use multiple products. It cleans both interior surfaces and the glass with no streaking. Makes things very easy and no need to concentrate on your aim when doing the dash to not get any on the glass.

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW
Because I am way too lazy to use multiple products.
Yes to that. I use a spray bottle with distilled water and ONR (same mixture as for washing the outside). Lazy, and parsimonious. Hah! :D

bpang1

Albany, OR
Yes to that. I use a spray bottle with distilled water and ONR (same mixture as for washing the outside). Lazy, and parsimonious. Hah! :D
Yeah that works too...though I am even so lazy that I don't really measure my ONR to water amount as well as I should. So sometimes I put too much using the "looks good" method LOL. So I use the Turtle Wax to avoid leaving the blue residue inside.

I really should use the ONR more though...I bought a gallon like 3 years ago and am only down to half the bottle.

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW
Yeah that works too...though I am even so lazy that I don't really measure my ONR to water amount as well as I should. So sometimes I put too much using the "looks good" method LOL. So I use the Turtle Wax to avoid leaving the blue residue inside.

I really should use the ONR more though...I bought a gallon like 3 years ago and am only down to half the bottle.
"Blue residue". I will mark that down. :oops: The recommended dilution of 1/2 ounce per gallon for outside washing does not leave any residue.

bpang1

Albany, OR
"Blue residue". I will mark that down. :oops: The recommended dilution of 1/2 ounce per gallon for outside washing does not leave any residue.
Yeah if you take the time to do the dillution...like I wrote, sometimes I just do the "looks good" method. It's fine for outside because you are typically wiping it off too.

Rynil2000

Stinger Enthusiast
Cumming, GA
I spent the weekend detailing my car and I used a new product that I thought would be interesting - "Cleaning Gel"

It's like GAK (hello fellow 90's kids) for the car. You smoosh it into all of the dirt catching crevices that a rag won't go; air vents, inside door handles and pockets, cup holders. It picks up all of the little crumbs and dust that tend to collect around the cabin. I found it really useful for the door pockets and the parking brake notch.

It has a nice smell and didn't leave any residue. Plus you can make the classic GAK fart noises when you put it back in the container. :thumbup:

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW
Yeah if you take the time to do the dillution...like I wrote, sometimes I just do the "looks good" method. It's fine for outside because you are typically wiping it off too.
The lid on the 32 oz bottle of ONR is exactly one TBLSP, i.e. half an ounce; so, dump a gallon of distilled water in a bucket and one cap full of ONR. When it comes time to fill the spray bottle, before you wash the car, pour some of that into the bottle then add back the water and a dash more ONR. I like doing things in bulk. :D

nhcowboy28

2500 Posts Club!
Alpharetta, GA
I'm shaking my head at people putting mats on their dash. Screams low-rent to me. But to each his own.
You ever live in Arizona any any part of Australia?
Not enough dash protectant in the world will save a dash from satan’s oven.