kia stinger store

I think I know why STI and WRX’s want to race us...

stoopid

Las Vegas, NV
Driving a Camaro screams "tiny penis" to the world in your eyes lol? Very interesting statement from an adult with a 13 year old child. I don't have any "E" badges. I have "Kia" on the hood, steering wheel, and the wheel caps but "Stinger - GT" on the rear. I plan to completely debadge my car entirely; including the "Stinger" and "GT" on the back. I prefer a clean look. I have seen probably about a dozen 2.0 Stingers in New York at this point and easily over two dozen 2.0 Stingers in Florida. I have only seen one other 3.3 and that was meeting another forum member a few weeks ago to look at his mods in person in upstate NY. I think this very much depends on where you live... which can be said for any vehicle. I saw more Ferrari's and Lamborghini's going to Aventura Florida & Miami Florida in 12 months than my entire life out in Virginia, Maryland, and DC.

You'd love living here in Vegas, car watcher's dream. I see exotics maybe once a week, and numerous performance models daily. My Stinger is fairly unique though, people are still leasing BMW, Audi and Lexus here. Come to think of it, I see a number of Mercedes on the road as well.

Last edited:

WRXtoStingerGT

Yonkers NY
You'd love living here in Vegas, car watcher's dream. I see exotics maybe once a week, and numerous performance models daily. My Stinger is fairly unique though, people are still leasing BMW, Audi and Lexus here. Come to think of it, I see a number of Mercedes on the road as well.

Vegas has a pretty low-cost of living correct? I know where I was in Florida, even though it was more expensive than many other parts of Florida, it was still significantly cheaper than most of the other places I have lived in the USA.

stoopid

Las Vegas, NV
Vegas has a pretty low-cost of living correct? I know where I was in Florida, even though it was more expensive than many other parts of Florida, it was still significantly cheaper than most of the other places I have lived in the USA.
Compared to the larger US metro areas, yes it's fairly low. Don't know for how much longer though, LA is slowly moving in/telecommuting.

YEH

The OP wasn't referencing the 2.0T, but Hyundai won the 2018 Pirelli World Championship with the i30N TCR; the block in the 2.0T also used for the 4B11T in the Mitsu Evo.

But that whole racing argument is just plain stupid.

Lamborghini thought that racing was a waste of resources and boutique automakers like Koenigsegg and Pagani make hyper performance vehicles without spending $ on racing programs.

Last edited:

WRXtoStingerGT

Yonkers NY
Compared to the larger US metro areas, yes it's fairly low. Don't know for how much longer though, LA is slowly moving in/telecommuting.
Shame to hear... same with parts of New Mexico and Texas... the clowns who ruined California are migrating to other states to spread their poison there as well... oh well... :p

I ask because I have noticed that certain states that don't tax you inside out seem to have people with more exotic cars... at least from my own limited experience...

SunStreaker

Dude, you sound like a dumb dumb lmfao. You're going to compare numbers BY A PROFESIONAL DRIVER to real world numbers? Why don't you work on your reading comprehension skills. I said that FROM MY OWN PERSPECTIVE AND VIEW POINT my WRX felt faster and seemed to perform better on the same back roads and road courses and tracks that I raced on with my current Stinger. Again, this is just my own perspective and opinion. I am not saying that the WRX overall is a faster or superior car. Also, again if we shared the same level of reading comprehension, I said that a clutch dump in a 2014 WRX will have the same 0-60 if not better than my Stinger GT RWD since the WRX is AWD and the Stinger GT is RWD. Yes, you are probably correct, that the AWD version of the Stinger GT will be faster off the line than the RWD version of the Stinger GT.

I was asked for my opinion and my own experience in the real world driving a modified 2014 WRX and a stock 2020 Stinger GT RWD. From my own experience, in the real world, I am faster in my previous WRX on the same backroads than in my Stinger. Again, perhaps it's me still getting used to my car after only one year of ownership... but you're telling me on a tight circuit or rally-course that a 2014 wrx (stock) would not beat 9/10 times a 2020 stinger gt rwd (stock)?

Obviously track times are different than drag times. There are many different types of tracks or other courses out there. Heck... there are many different types of drag racing out there too (1/4 mile, 1/8 mile, 1/2 mile, etc) whatever. I said that my Stinger is ten times a better car overall than my previous WRX but I also give credit where credit is due. I don't care about brand snobby-ness or recognition or "street racer cred" or any of that nonsense. I am simply comparing my experience in both cars.

We're driving Kia's. We are in the same bunch as Subaru, Toyota, Honda, Ford, etc... We're not BMW, Audi, MB, Porsche, Jaguar, Lexus, etc... heck... and I have friends and family that have owned all of those brands. Let's keep it real lol.
:poop:

DoctorStiches

As my unlce says every time i tell him my Stinger is faster than his STI. "Only in the strait" and i always say
.!thats all that matters!.