Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

I challenged him at the traffic light ...

Discussion in 'Kia Stinger Talk' started by Joseph Spiegel, Jan 11, 2019.

1. smmrfld

smmrfld United States Member

Ummm...ok. As long as you felt good about the encounter, that’s what matters.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Joseph Spiegel

Joseph Spiegel United States Stinger Enthusiast Sustaining Member

Yup, 12C? I think that’s an early version but still very fast. Newer 911s are wicked fast. Be careful out there!

3. Joseph Spiegel

Well done! It surprised the hell out of me. But I spot em. McLaren this morning FTW. I once came up on a blue Veyron on Olympic Blvd. in L.A. I was able to read the license plate frame. It said Petersen. It was the same car I had seen at the Petersen Aitomotive Museum a few months earlier. I’m guessing, stretching it’s legs.

• Like Like x 1
  4. TwiceStung

TwiceStung United States Active Member

I was sitting at the airport last night picking up the wife and a guy walks around the car and asks what it is or who makes it so I said it’s a Maserati. He laughs and says he knew it, started walking away, then I told him it’s a Kia and he laughed harder.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. JDM_Man

JDM_Man Canada Active Member

All you Americans complaining about gas prices, try close to $5 a gallon in the summer if you're lucky. I've seen it $5.75 a gallon in Ontario lol.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. ScottM

ScottM United States Active Member

All I see is an olderish guy to the left with his walker beating you by a landslide! Ummm, someone needs to do some upgrades!!! :thumbdown:

• Funny Funny x 3
  7. Onno P

Onno P Argentina Active Member

I win!
    We pay 8.30 USD per gallon for high octane here...
    Regular ‘only’ 7.20

Last edited: Jan 14, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Joseph Spiegel

This station was not the highest. I passed a Shell station in a not remote area, and regular was $5 and up from there. This was a week ago. Not known to be the worst in the area.

9. MerlintheMad

MerlintheMad United States 5000 Posts Club!

Joe, you wag, you CAR GUY. How can you spot these things? I didn't even know this car existed till this evening:
    Koenigsegg Agera - Wikipedia
    2.8 seconds to 62 MPH. 285 MPH top speed. Holy Hannah! The world's fastest production car (249 MPH). Just driving around like that. Amazing.

Found this on Google: It is not illegal to own a Koenigsegg Agera in the U.S. However, Koenigseggs are not street legal in the U.S. due to their inability to meet certain federal standards. The only exception that is street legal in the U.S. the Koenigsegg CCX.

So that is what Joe's encounter had to be. There are only 49 of them.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  10. eljay

eljay United States Stinger Enthusiast

Koenigsegg was planning years ago to build U.S. street legal Ageras, but I have no idea how many were actually sold here, if any. There was a great Jay Leno's Garage in which Jay and Christian Koenigsegg drove around Burbank (I think) in a Regera. Amazing car.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. robz32

robz32 United States 1000 Posts Club! Staff Member Moderator Texas Stinger Swarm

Wow...that is quite an encounter, some would say a once in a lifetime type of occurrence.

That is definitely an Agera R. There were a few that sold here in the US, for the not so shabby price of $4 million each.

Looking for one? check the link below.

2014 Koenigsegg Agera For Sale at iLusso

• Like Like x 2
  12. Daniel Egan

Daniel Egan Australia Member

Lol at NZ.... Just came back from Queenstown and 91 was $2.4nzd/litre.

13. Doel

Doel United States Stinger Enthusiast

wow an Agera, I guess if you're going to spot one it would be in LA lol probably the rarest car I've ever seen was a Zonda F in Tokyo.

Hmmmm well if we're talking gas prices, my local Costco has regular for $1.75 and premium for 2.14 :whistle:

14. MerlintheMad

MerlintheMad United States 5000 Posts Club!

I'm remembering my one and only "Wild" sighting of a rare car, a Cheetah in either 1970 or 71, in Salt Lake city on 1300 East, heading north; it was black. Even though I have never been much of a car guy, any young kid of the time would recognize a Cheetah. This was of course c. five years into the replicas, so it was most likely one of those. There were only 19 original Cheetah chassis and 33 original bodies produced. I don't know how many replicas by 1971 there would have been; but most of them were built for racing anyway.

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. Joseph Spiegel

To Merlin and all. Yes, I get to see some really exotic cars around here. Not counting the dealers in Beverly Hills. I mean Ferrari’s and Lamborghinis are just too normal. McLarens are a little more rare. The Veyron was my rarest sighting a few years ago. Now the Agera, that’s the king of the hill until a Remac!

• Like Like x 1
  16. niko

niko United States Active Member

CC7E8D9B-6F10-4CE1-92D8-DB0418E4254E.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. ScottM

ScottM United States Active Member

I'll tell you what I hate about that ^^...absolutely nothing!! :thumbup:

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. mac323

mac323 United States New Member

Can you believe he is selling all the other cars? Like his pink Porsche and the Purple McLaren...

• Agree Agree x 1
Draft saved Draft deleted