Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

How To install aftermarket DRLs

Discussion in 'Kia Stinger How To's and Do It Yourself' started by robz32, Jun 7, 2018.

1. robz32

robz32 United States Stinger Enthusiast Staff Member Moderator

@Paul @ K8 Stinger Store I dont think they will fit. The vent ports on the GT bumper look bigger and the vent itself is definitely smaller on the 2.0.

2. Paul @ K8 Stinger Store

Paul @ K8 Stinger Store United States Active Member Authorized Vendor

Thats my thought too, I saw a seller advertising them to fit the non-Gt models but I was skeptical

3. DaJackson

DaJackson United States Stinger Enthusiast Staff Member Moderator

Couldn’t you also change it to be drawing power from the DRLs instead of an always on power source?

4. robz32

Absolutely.

5. Bobr

Bobr Russian Federation Active Member

Finally version with diffuser! Now looks good. LED power is good (only can judge by photos yet), if it will be brighter it may overwhelm factory DRLs which is unnecessary imho. LEDs may have better visibility and not so white when OFF if they would use semi-transparent diffuser like here (Mazda 6's I have):
    [​IMG]
    But that maybe not possible together with turning lights (at least I not seen DRLs with turning lights with that kind of semi-transparent diffuser). Also, those DRLs above have aluminum heatsink on the other side of LEDs, do those for Stinger have it? Maybe not necessary as those vents will be ventilated by air anyway.

6. robz32

Agree 100%. To be honest I've had these on the Stinger for almost a month, and your observations @Bobr are the same I passed along. Don't quote me on this but there might be a version 2 in the works which will correct that but will only be a DRL no blinker/turn signal, which I am fine with.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Manchuz

Manchuz Canada Active Member

GTA
    I’m fine with just DRL with the same brightness intensity as the factory headlamps. Also, you’ve shown that you only need to replace the middle LED section so maybe on future revisions, that’s all that’s offered which would bring down the cost.

8. Paul @ K8 Stinger Store

We just got the switchbacks listed on the site, so you think collectively customers would like a brighter option even if the turn signal function was not available?

9. Manchuz

Manchuz Canada Active Member

GTA
    I personally think so. The car already has enough turn signals visible to the public. The new Camry’s with their DRL in the bottom part of the grille is eye catching to me so I’d think the Stinger placement down there would be eye catching as well, even with the existing DRL on the head lamps on.

I think people would take priority on having matching light intensity over less light with amber. These aren’t going to be proper fog lights anyways.

10. Paul @ K8 Stinger Store

Good feedback, hopefully an upgraded version will be available soon! :)

11. robz32

12. Ucinn

Ucinn United States Active Member

I want the switchback myself.. have switchbacks on my mustang.. they are cool IMO... the headlights on this car are super bright already.

13. Paul @ K8 Stinger Store

I think our plan is to offer both since some like to have options. For now the switchbacks are available for preorder

• Like Like x 1
Draft saved Draft deleted