Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

How do you wash your Stinger?

Discussion in 'Kia Stinger Detailing Discussion' started by OhMyGT, Dec 30, 2017.

How do you wash your Stinger?

Poll closed Jan 29, 2018.
  1. Self Wash

30.0%
  2. Hand Wash

36.7%
  3. Touchless Wash

20.0%
  4. Tunnel Wash

13.3%
  1. MelbourneStinger

MelbourneStinger United States Active Member

Did you apply paint protection film to the full body ?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Johnnyfive

Johnnyfive United States Active Member

Yeah, he said this specifically regarding the film. The ceramic is pretty rugged.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Johnnyfive

No. Film is on the full hood, full front fenders, full bumper, A pillar, B pillar. He couldn't get the mirrors to look good with the film due to the chrome, so he did a double coat of the ceramic.

4. MelbourneStinger

MelbourneStinger United States Active Member

Ok , can the film on the front end, prevent all stone chips to the front bumper?

5. Johnnyfive

I don't think any film can claim protection from anything, but it going to be better than just about anything else you can do. The ceramic is meant to protect from scratches, paint transfer, swirls, and mineral deposits. The film will do a good job against most rock strikes we normally have, but if it is big enough it will do damage. I think the only thing that would fully protect would be one of the old school car bras, as those are pretty thick.

6. westcoastGT

westcoastGT 2500 Posts Club!

Heres where I go to get my car washed !

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Tazztattoo

Tazztattoo Australia Active Member

The best and cheapest option for washing at home is a simple two bucket system with a grit guard as this is where almost all people go wrong with washing themselves having no idea that only using one bucket along with sponges and chamois is what is scratching their cars paint.

https://www.carcareproducts.com.au/...ets_and_lids_grit_guard_and_washboard_inserts

One "wash" bucket for your shampoo (must be a PH neutral product) and a separate "rinse" bucket with a grit guard and washboard.

Using a microfibre wash mit only to wash the car, before dunking it in the "wash" bucket first scrub it out in the water only "rinse" bucket with the grit guard/washboard to remove and dirt from the mit so you only ever contact the car with a clean mit ensuring you dont create fine swirl scratches from a dirty mit. Also use separate mits for paint first and wheels last and regularly put the mits in the washing machine using a microfibre washing liquid.

Also avoid drying with a chamois as they, like sponges hold and rub dirt into the paint so a large microfibre drying towel is the way to go and take the gun off the end of your hose and let the water run freely when rinsing down the car avoiding high pressure contact or use it in showerhead mode.

So yes contactless washing is great but not a realistic option for many so if you need to contact the car just make sure its ALWAYS with a CLEAN microfibe product and nothing else.

And a great two stage ceramic coating does make cleaning easier and can last beyond 5 years with simple maintenance. I used the latest product from Gyeon out of Korea:

https://www.facebook.com/gyeonquartzofficial/posts/2044363269127134

showroom.jpg

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. voon

voon Switzerland Stinger Enthusiast

Like I wash all my cars: Only by the saliva of tibetan monk kids I drag along the car and then washed down with mordning dew gathered at midnight in the middle of a volcano on Fiji. Afterards I dry it by waving the hair of virgin swedish teens at it.

But in reality, I have about 60 billion car care products at home, a dual bucket caddy with gritguards, a million MF towels of all sorts, fingered wash mitts I can use to easily grab around rims and so on ... and it'll be coated with an experiment, a chinese ceramic coating that has worked as a test on my appartments mirrors in the bathroom.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. westcoastGT

Totally agree , and my trick for drying is :

Seriously this will blow all the water beads off and then I just finish it with Quick Detailer !:thumbup:
    blow.jpg

10. AV8R

AV8R Australia 2500 Posts Club! Staff Member Moderator

I hope you get the double wash option and then get it blow dried!

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. westcoastGT

ohh beeehave Baaby , behaaave !!:laugh::laugh:

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. AV8R

It’s on the bucket list.....:p

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. westcoastGT

really works great !!

14. voon

voon Switzerland Stinger Enthusiast

Airblower? So you're sandblasting your paint with all the dirt int he blower? :p

15. AV8R

Yes of course, it sand blasts the paint clean :p

16. westcoastGT

Friggin rookies !:cautious:

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. westcoastGT

Yup , I feed it sand ..........................

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. AV8R

And I wipe it dry with 800 grit sand paper o_O brings up a nice shine. Doh!

19. AV8R

If that won’t dry it I get little angels to flap their wings gently over the car to dry it. But only as a last resort :laugh:

Ok I will stop here......lol

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. Tazztattoo

Tazztattoo Australia Active Member

• Like Like x 1
Draft saved Draft deleted