Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Good Hendrick Kia (Cary, NC)

Discussion in 'The Stinger Dealership Experience' started by friss, Nov 6, 2018.

1. mldavis2

mldavis2 United States 1000 Posts Club!

Many big dealerships have more than one sales manager. It is the sales manager who determines the selling price, never a salesman. Sales managers are under a lot of pressure to just move cars and maximize profits. That's why the job turns over so often and there seems to be a new sales manager there every time you go in.

Best times to "deal" (God how I hate to play their silly games) is end of the month when they are trying to meet some factory rebate quota, and when new models are shipping.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Travis Wills

Travis Wills United States Member

Has anyone bought a Stinger from them lately? They have about a dozen of them sitting at the very back of their lot. However, I noticed what appeared to be massive hail damage to the Stingers and almost all of the cars back there.

Does anyone know what happened to those cars and what their plan is for selling them?

3. Kamauxx

Kamauxx United States 2500 Posts Club!

I think they were originally back there because the dealership had a large surplus.

I don't know about any hail damage but remember a few months back we got hit with a big hail storm. Those cars could have been affected by it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Ruturaj

Ruturaj United States Stinger Enthusiast

That sucks. I was planning to try to get one from there and trade my in because of the accident.

I have been looking at their stock, few Stingers have been there from start of this year.

5. Ruturaj

It wasn't that bad though. My car was out as well. May be hail was stronger in the other areas. I was at work then.

6. Kamauxx

Kamauxx United States 2500 Posts Club!

It was worst in certain areas. I live in Morrisville and all we got was tiny pebbles hitting the windows. My wife works in Raleigh and she said it was horrible there. The weekend after the storm I was in Garner and noticed a lot of houses and business had damage from the hail actually penetrating the vinyl siding.

7. Ruturaj

Wow, that sucks. Thankfully I was in Morrisville as well.

8. Travis Wills

Is there a way to tell how long a particular car has been sitting on their lot?

9. Travis Wills

Go take a look at the cars they have buried in the back of the lot. They are absolutely peppered with significant dents all over most of the cars.

From a distance you wouldn’t notice it especially since they haven’t washed those cars in ages.

If you look at the roof and hood at an angle in the light you will see how bad the damage really is. I can’t imagine anyone buying a car in that condition. It will absolutely destroy resell value.

10. Ruturaj

Sorry no idea. When I was looking for a white with red interior, no one in area had one. My dealer got one shipped from VA. After a week these guys got exact same config. That's how I know it's been there for a while.

Wouldn't want it like that. Better be with my current car. I would check out anyhow if the one I want is in better condition.

11. Wow, they do have a lot of inventory, sucks if they're all hail damaged though. I might cruise by sometime to look this weekend, just for fun.

12. Travis Wills

I went by today. They had at least 14 2019 Stingers on the lot. Several of them have been delivered in the last few days so not all of them have hail damage. However, a bunch of the Stingers and other cars do have significant hail damage. You just have to inspect each individual car.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Ruturaj

They had white one I am interested in for a while. So mostly it would be damaged.

• Agree Agree x 1
Draft saved Draft deleted