Looking for ways to enhance your Stinger and set it apart from others on the road? Look no further than KDM Warehouse!

Have you replaced anything under warranty on your Stinger?

SFM

The rubbery roof trim mouldings are unacceptable. I wonder which bright spark was responsible for them.
I've had my Stinger for over two years, and it's been parked outdoors since then, but my roof trim still looks almost brand new. My car has been ceramic coated yearly, though, so I assume the ceramic coating has somewhat protected that roof part from the sun? I see that many people have the same issue.

Robilar

Rotors were replaced under warranty at 4k mileage. Had to fight with them on this but they did it.

Had creaks in roof fixed under warranty as well.

Battery had to be changed which was not covered by warranty but was a result of the vehicle sitting abandoned for over a year.

5tinger

I've had my Stinger for over two years, and it's been parked outdoors since then, but my roof trim still looks almost brand new. My car has been ceramic coated yearly, though, so I assume the ceramic coating has somewhat protected that roof part from the sun? I see that many people have the same issue.
Are you able to post a current photo of them? I'm curious as to how some are able to avoid the innevitable issue of the paint cracking and peeling on a soft rubbery surface that is directly exposed to the elements.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Stinger? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

n8hegr8

Stinger Enthusiast
you know the metal strips that run along the top of the car? mine are fading or dirty or something. is there something that would make them shine again? what kind of metal is that?

SFM

Are you able to post a current photo of them? I'm curious as to how some are able to avoid the innevitable issue of the paint cracking and peeling on a soft rubbery surface that is directly exposed to the elements.

Here's a photo I took a couple of minutes ago of the roof trim. It's night currently, and I used my phone's flashlight.

IMG_0429.JPEG

Last edited:
The best place to buy Kia Stinger modifications is at KDM Warehouse dot com! The official store of Kia Stinger dot com...

SFM

you know the metal strips that run along the top of the car? mine are fading or dirty or something. is there something that would make them shine again? what kind of metal is that?
Do you mean the black chrome trim that goes from the front doors to the trunk? Mine is slightly worn out, but polishing won't work since it has something like a thin film that makes the chrome look darker, so polishing it would remove that thin film, and it would look like regular chrome and not black chrome. I've read that dealerships replace that part of the trim under warranty?

SFM

Wow that look impressive. Highly doubt ceramic coat would cause such a drastic difference.
Possibly the red pain is better than the others?
It’s most likely about the red paint then. I didn’t know people had issues with their roof trim until recently.

n8hegr8

Stinger Enthusiast
its hard to tell in the lighting today, but see how its kinda spotty instead of solid like it used to be...

Attachments

• 20211110_081449.jpg
    20211110_081449.jpg
    369.8 KB · Views: 23
The best place to buy Kia Stinger modifications is at KDM Warehouse dot com! The official store of Kia Stinger dot com...

NS_Stinger

1000 Posts Club!
Rotors were replaced under warranty at 4k mileage. Had to fight with them on this but they did it.

Had creaks in roof fixed under warranty as well.

Battery had to be changed which was not covered by warranty but was a result of the vehicle sitting abandoned for over a year.
I had my front rotors warrantied too. They either played dumb or didn't know what their rotor warranty was and tried to say I had to pay because its a wear item. Once I educated them on their own warranty from my booklet they said they would ask and told me it was approved.

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW
its hard to tell in the lighting today, but see how its kinda spotty instead of solid like it used to be...
Yours are still under 36 month warranty. Mine are no longer. So, I took rubbing compound to the entire surface of all six pieces; then polishing compound; then three coats of wax. I'm careful to make sure that I rub them really dry when I wash my car. Out of curiosity, I priced all six pieces and they come to $579.19 with tax.

azlin17

They diagnosed the car for a couple of days and determined that the fuel pump needed replacement. For months the car would take so long to start and make weird noises when the engine is cold, and sometimes after I start the engine, it stalls like it's about to turn off but then goes back normally.

I was driving the car once, and it stalled for a while, where the rpm went close to zero, and it wasn't responding to the throttle I gave it. I ignored all these symptoms for a long time until I got a check engine light. After the dealership diagnosed and replaced the fuel pump, all these problems went away, and even if the engine is cold, it starts quick enough like it was warm.

I forgot to include one thing in my list of things replaced by warranty. I had the small black coloured door hinge between the larger driver door hinges replaced, as it used to make noises when opening and closing the door.

Also, what happened to your torque converter?
hello, whats the exact fuel pump? is it the low pressure fuel pump or high pressure fuel pump?

Landshark

just the two front door grab handles that pulled out of the door ...

cncBilly

2500 Posts Club!
North Vancouver
Nothing here. 2019 GT with 17000kms. Have you been having it serviced at the correct intervals. Turbo blowing sounds unusual. Any mods or drag strip use. Have heard of rotor problems on this forum.
And here I thought my K’s were low at 25,000 on my 2019 GT Limited.

Transmetal

Stinger Enthusiast
Car is at 17k, gonna be taking it in for an oil change soon but one of the backup sensors stopped working. It's not the end of the world but it's crazy how much I used that to gauge parking when reversing. Hopefully it'll be covered under the warranty.

D.J.

1000 Posts Club!
Toronto, Ontario, Canada

n8hegr8

Stinger Enthusiast
had to have the back left window motor replaced. car was almost brand new.

AndyM22

Newish Member
Yours are still under 36 month warranty. Mine are no longer. So, I took rubbing compound to the entire surface of all six pieces; then polishing compound; then three coats of wax. I'm careful to make sure that I rub them really dry when I wash my car. Out of curiosity, I priced all six pieces and they come to $579.19 with tax.

My '22 looks spotty kinda like his. DId your work result in a shiny chrome finish again?