Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Group Buy - ISG (Idle Stop and Go) (Idle Stop and Go)/Auto Hold, Proximity Lock/Unlock, Heat/Cool setting memory module

Discussion in 'Kia Stinger Technology Discussion' started by jellyman, Mar 6, 2020.

1. Frank D Harders

Frank D Harders United States Newish Member

Thanks

2. Luminary

Luminary United States Stinger Enthusiast Sustaining Member +

Just received mine today!
    One thing though, no instructions were included for either module. Looking on Shark Racing's website they state:

Any ideas?

20200326_123906.jpg

3. jellyman

jellyman United States Active Member

ISG (Idle Stop and Go)
    ISG1.jpg ISG2.jpg

Proximity
    Proximity1.jpg Proximity2.jpg

Seats
    Seats1.jpg Seats2.jpg Seats3.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  4. jellyman

The one with bigger chip is the proximity. I haven't installed mine yet, but let me know if you have further questions. :)

5. Luminary

Thanks! Looks a bit more involved then I thought...

6. jellyman

ISG (Idle Stop and Go) seems the easiest. Proximity is matter of taking the panels off, which I don't know how yet. I am actually glad I didn't get the seat module. That looks like pain. :D I can't wait til my posi-tap gets here so I can start installing these.

7. Billy G

Billy G United States Newish Member

Man, I hope mine gets here soon. I still have no tracking update.

USPS just says:

Label Created, not yet in system
    A status update is not yet available on your package. It will be available when the shipper provides an update or the package is delivered to USPS. Check back soon.

8. jellyman

BillyG.png
    Tracking from Korean Post Office shows it was arrived there. No other update yet.

9. Billy G

Thanks!
    How long from your order placement to receiving did it take?

10. Luminary

I ordered on March 9th and received it today.

11. Billy G

Thanks. I was a few days behind that.

12. cwatt79

cwatt79 United States Newish Member

It would be awesome if someone could post pictures of the install for these modules :)

13. jellyman

I will try to take some if nobody posts any. I should have some time on Sat.

14. Ucinn

Ucinn United States 1000 Posts Club! Sustaining Member

Where do you get the tracking number from? Mine says it was shipped, but doesn't show any tracking number that I can find.

15. jellyman

If you haven't got an email with one, check Order Status -> Order details. It should be on the bottom of the page.

16. Ucinn

I got an email which says the status has changed to "shipped" but no tracking, when I go to "order status" on their site, it shows shipped, I click on view order details it just shows me the order#, ship to and bill to address, and products purchased and prices, but no tracking number. I guess I'll just patiently wait and hope it shows sometime soon. I got the email that the status changed to shipped on the 19th

17. jellyman

I sent a msg to SR. I will let you know when I hear back.

18. jellyman

I had a chance to install ISG (Idle Stop and Go)/Auto Stop module today. Just quick notes from the install:

1. Watch this youtube video to remove the center console. It is held by 8 clips.

2. Remove 3 plugs connected to the console. You will be tapping into these wires pictured.
    20200327_140530_modified.jpg
    2a. Note the location of 12v(red) and ground(black) wires. You can connect your wires to either location.
    2b. Connect Auto Hold wire(green) to smaller connector(green/brown wire).
    2c. Connect ISG (Idle Stop and Go) wire(orange) to bigger connector(Light yellow). Note: diagram from install doc is reversed. Make sure you connect to light yellow not dark yellow. Light yellow wire is 4th from the black(ground) wire.
    20200327_144358_HDR.jpg 20200327_144406.jpg

3. Temporarily connect the plugs back in to console. Leave the console open so you have visual access to the module.
    3a. Dip switches on the modules should have been on off/off upon arrival. This is memory mode. Leave it as is.
    3b. Start your engine. You should see some LED's light up on the module.
    3c. LED on the module will blink when you press ISG (Idle Stop and Go) or auto hold button.
    3d. Test module functionality. Turn ISG (Idle Stop and Go) off/auto hold on. Wait 5 seconds. Engine off then restart. After "System Check", ISG (Idle Stop and Go) should light up(off) and "auto hold" should be visible on the dash display. Turn the engine off.

4. Route cables along existing cables and plug the connectors back in the console. Optionally, I used some tape for some noise prevention.
    20200327_145402.jpg

5. Carefully place the console back in place. Make sure you don't damage the module.

Done! Install time 40 minutes. I am a complete noob and not very good at explaining things. Everything should be very easy once you pop the console open. I was confused with ISG (Idle Stop and Go) connector but pretty easy to figure out. Let me know if you have any questions.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. jellyman

He said he shipped it for sure but will not be able to confirm until Monday when he is back at office. I will check with him again on Monday

20. Ucinn

Tell him not to bother, it came today..all it took was a post and boom, here it is...lol

• Like Like x 1
Draft saved Draft deleted