Fusion Sport

MisterMac

1000 Posts Club!
El Paso, TX
It will be nowhere near the GT which has 460HP. It's barely stronger than the motor that's in it now which is 310HP turbo. You could get the 3.31's in it now, so they added 20HP and put an available 3.55 gear for it.... In Mustang land, this isn't really big news as much as the soon to be 4 door and AWD versions are.
4.5 0-60 is nothing to sneeze at.

Regs120

It will be nowhere near the GT which has 460HP. It's barely stronger than the motor that's in it now which is 310HP turbo. You could get the 3.31's in it now, so they added 20HP and put an available 3.55 gear for it.... In Mustang land, this isn't really big news as much as the soon to be 4 door and AWD versions are.
The peak numbers are small, but the power curve shifted up and the torque curve is flatter through the RPM band. The Upper RPMS won't fall off a cliff like the used too, but still no where as strong as the V8. Even with that - I would be reluctant to buy a RWD Ford RS but for someone who likes the looks of a mustang and wants to mod it, it might be feasible. The stronger block with upgraded pistons and larger turbo might be a tuners dream.

G

G-86530

Had a run in with a modified (at least exhaust and wheels) one last night. Wasn't much of a competition. First time was getting on the highway and then second was getting on a connecting highway. Both times I let him go first and get the jump, and both times I immediately took away his advantage and started the gap.

Everyone is comparing the fs as of its in the same class as the stinger. Thats not right. If youre going to compare classes you should be comparing the stinger to the taurus sho. Those are the same class.

Ucinn

Sustaining Member
Everyone is comparing the fs as of its in the same class as the stinger. Thats not right. If youre going to compare classes you should be comparing the stinger to the taurus sho. Those are the same class.
He started it, had to honor our rep ;)

Patmir

Friend here from the Fusion Sport crowd. :)

According to C&D, the FS (AWD) is 1/2 second slower than the Stinger GT (AWD):

Fusion Sport AWD
0-60 mph: 5.1 sec
¼-mile: 13.7 sec @ 101 mph
Weight: 4127 lbs

Stinger GT AWD
0-60 mph: 4.6 sec
¼-mile: 13.2 sec @ 108 mph
Weight: 4157 lbs

Got my FS last year as a new '17 leftover, paid $27k US. Two guys on our forum just purchased new '18 leftovers, paid $24k US. Incidentally, no one is really "talking smack" about the Stinger GT on our forum. As a matter of fact, we've been having a pretty healthy debate on the topic. So ...

Just for fun I had to drive a Stinger GT AWD to see what all the commotion was about. My thoughts:
  • GT handles flatter in the corners
  • GT's extra power is definitely there, but not day/night difference
  • GT has great styling
  • GT's interior is upscale by comparison
  • GT's optional sound system was ok compared to "base" FS 9 speaker system (req adjusting?)
  • Remote start (a must for cold climate dwellers) is a $500 option, standard on the FS
  • No base GT's available within 50 miles of my area, all are 48-52k 2018/2019 GT1's/GT2's
All in all, the GT is a very adept/very capable car. But 24-27k for a new FS leftover makes it enticing.

Peace Out.
Good post! Cheers