Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Full Eibach Prokit----GET IT!

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels, Tires Discussion' started by KLR STINGER, Aug 7, 2018.

1. Mr Skillet

Mr Skillet United States Active Member

Spoke with eibach internal R&D, spring rates are an even 15% increase over stock front and rear, swaybars however are actuallt about 70-100% stiffer rate wise over stock depending on which position you use. Sounds like the resulting immediate turn in and rear control is the end result. I'm ordering a set, can't wait to get it installed and try it in the dry hot weather here.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Kazz

Kazz United States 1000 Posts Club! Texas Stinger Swarm

So they're not progressive?

3. KLR STINGER

KLR STINGER Canada Active Member

Rear springs are progressive wound. Fronts are not wound like traditional progressive springs but maybe some trickery I don't know about

4. Mr Skillet

Fronts are linear, rears are progressive for the 1st inch of travel which basically acts to hold spring in place at full droop similar to a helper spring on coil overs.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Freelancer

Freelancer United States Member

what rims are those?

6. SKStinger

SKStinger Canada Active Member

I received my kit and was looking at the instructions. Eibach recommends trimming the bump stops by 20 and 30 mm's. Did you do this as part of your install? I didn't see it mentioned.

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. KLR STINGER

KLR STINGER Canada Active Member

No need. This drop isn't enough to ride the bump stops

8. SKStinger

SKStinger Canada Active Member

Good to know. Thank you. Will save me time when I do the rear install. I’m going to get the dealer to do the fronts based on your experience!

9. Dochidalgo

Dochidalgo Mexico Active Member

Today, my trusty mechanic installed the Eibach's springs. He show me the two rear suspension bolts to perform the alignment. He did not touch them to install the rear springs(which does not mean that it do not need to check an alignment). Two hours labor. Previosly, he took car's hight measures and put paint tape on one of the shop walls in order to adjust headlight patterns after the spring install. After a round street trip, he confirm the 0.8" drop height front and rear. But the headlight patterns did not change at all, so none adjustement was required, for now. By the way, the height headlight adjustment is with a cross screwdriver, there is not any nut to do the job in my Stinger GT2 ?????.
    IMHO, there was a big suspension performance over speed bumps and taking the highway curves and exits, zero floating behavior, more feel of control.....very happy with this upgrade.....

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Mr Skillet

You did springs only or did you also do sway bars?

11. Dochidalgo

@Mr Skillet, springs only. Since I hit the splash guard and the right exhaust middle tube with a speed bump, my trusty mechanic who is suspension technician mainly, recommended to me replace the springs only. We drove the Stinger on several streets and roads including my conmmuting on the highway, so he concluded don't need the sway bars. But, even so, I will drive my car for more days and find if the car needs the sway bars or not. For now, I am very pleased with the Eibach's springs only.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Never thought

Never thought United States 1000 Posts Club!

So far some people have stated that the springs actually improve ride quality as well stating it’s not as rough over small bumps and highway expansion points. What are your thoughts on that? Thx!

13. Dochidalgo

@Never thought, the float feeling is gone. The bounce when going through a speed bump is gone. The suspension is firmer than stock (but not harsh or stiffier), enough to take a corner or curve with control and confidence.
    Agreed on "the springs actually improve ride quality as well stating it’s not as rough over small bumps and highway expansion points."
    My mechanic told me that the sway bars will add more load to the springs and shock absorbers, and that would make more stiffier the suspension performance, price to pay in order to get a "car over rail tracks", so to speak.
    Now, I am able to express my point of view about springs installation and performance. I would like to be specific and objetive and not based on the "placebo effect" or "dyno butt".

• Like Like x 1
  14. Never thought

Never thought United States 1000 Posts Club!

Thank you! Sounds like everyone is agreement on the springs improving ride quality. I really appreciate the info. I’ll be doing this mod at some point. Fighting with Kia to buyback my car. So hoping I’ll get this on a 2019 Stinger. Thx again!

• Like Like x 1
  15. mandasol

mandasol United States Member

Got the Eibach springs installed about a month ago. They really reduced the floating sensation and improved overall handling. But still had more lean than I would like and still exhibits some side to side wiggle.

Just got the front and rear sway bars installed yesterday, and I can say without a doubt and with full confidence, there is a much bigger difference with the sways. Car feels incredibly buttoned down. No lean in corners. Also reduces all the little movements side to side and even improves on reducing dive and squat. Car is still fun to drive and now carves corners like a much smaller car.

There are options for soft and hard, and I decided to start with soft front and rear and it's more than enough performance gain. I really don't see a need for hard unless you want a track car.

Overall, the car ride is still nice, but it is firm. You can feel ALL the undulations of the road, but the car handles it well and doesn't feel harsh. If you like the cushy ride of the stock suspension then you might not want to go full springs and sway bars, but if you feel the suspension is a little soft then go full spring and sway bars or just sway bars.

• Like Like x 1
  16. xot1

xot1 Korea, Republic of Stinger Enthusiast

Could you please rate the suspension firmness on a scale from 1 to 10?

Custom mode: ? / 10
    Sport mode: ? / 10
    Custom mode with springs: ? / 10
    Sport mode with springs & sway bars: ? / 10
    Custom mode with springs & sway bars: ? / 10
    Sport mode with springs: ? / 10

Just approximatively, to get an idea. :)

17. SteveCo

SteveCo Canada Stinger Enthusiast

Thanks for posting that.

I'm happy with the ride quality of the stock adaptive suspension, and don't really care about lowering the car. I would like to get rid of some of the body lean and poor composure of the rear suspension over bumps while cornering, so I like what I'm hearing about the effect of the sway bars.

That's likely the route I'm going to take, installing the front and rear sways and making a decision then about whether springs are necessary.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Ozstung

Ozstung Australia 1000 Posts Club! Sustaining Member

Just got the Eibach springs fitted the cars stance looks great now. The bounce has gone and to me the cornering has less role. Its a trade off though as our roads are notoriously rough the ride is slightly less smooth. I'm going to have adjust up the headlights as they appear to be too low now. Reading the Eibach web site I saw the drop was 0.8" (20mm). My suspension guy tells me my springs will sit lower at 25mm (1") at the front and 30mm (1-1.8") at the back. All in all pretty happy at this stage after 3 days.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Stinger GT SS

Stinger GT SS Australia 2500 Posts Club!

Photo’s?

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. mandasol

mandasol United States Member

I don't have active suspension system on my car so it doesn't ride any different in the different modes, also if that's what you have my set up might not reflect what you would experience.

That being said to try to help give you an idea, I think it would help to have a point of reference. The softest riding car I've ever been in was a late '80's Cadillac Brougham, if you haven't ridden one of those then you've probably been in a Lexus (I've owned a GS and ES). Probably the firmest riding car I ever drove was a 993 generation of the 911. It was likely modified so it rode hard, that car is a 10.

Since I don't have the active suspension I'll just keep the categories simple:

Cadillac Brougham: 1 / 10
    Lexus ES/GS 3 / 10
    Stock: 4.5 / 10
    Springs: 5.5 / 10
    Springs & Sway bars: 6.5 / 10

With springs and sway bars IMHO I think it's still fine for drivers that have a slight preference for performance. The roads aren't bad where I live, so I imagine if you have rough roads you should take that into consideration. Even with the firmer ride it's a long way away from being a stiff sports car like a modified 911/993.

Draft saved Draft deleted