kia stinger store

First time paint correction/wax

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW
Or do you think it's acceptable to spout garbage?
Mellow out. Not everybody has your 99% requirement: Do I Really Need to Wax My Car or Is It a Waste of Time? | Torque News If we were to go by nobody else, we both get to "win" this one. Hah. :p

The deal here is to watch carefully and then get a paint correction and ceramic coating when the factory clear coat looks like it's finally getting distressed. I originally anticipated that this would be necessary every year or so. But so far I've not seen a need for that. Weekly ONR with distilled water (in the middle of winter, half and half with hot soft water) is keeping things clean and smooth. But at some point I am going to go to the local "auto spa" and get the full paint correction and ceramic coating to restore the clear coat.

narsnail

London, ON
Let me know when you guys are done making out so we can get back to it :confused:

OSm6dWR.jpg

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW
You know what they say, if you're a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

When I get ceramic I'll chime in; hopefully it won't be for a while yet. And microfiber is a good place to save money: don't go for the trendy ones. Just go down to O'Reilly's and get the Viking drying towels and clean towels if you must. I clean with 100% cotton terry cloth, white, so that they instantly show dirt: keep flipping them to a new surface (these are 14x16" if I recall correctly, could be 18", but about that size); dry with microfiber. I like the Viking because they are two-sided; one for glass, the other for paint/PPF/not glass; I use them on my wheels too; wash them every time you use them. See, I can stay close to on topic. :D

5tinger

If you plan to keep the car for 10+ years like i do, only makes sense to keep the paint nice and protected . Especially in harsh Canadian climates.

So after some more reading I have figured out NXT 2.0 is more a sealant after a paint correction, and I will use Collinite as the final layer of wax. I'm fine re applying every 3 or 4 months, I'll look i to a ceramic down the line maybe next year.
Meguiars NXT is a beast. The gloss it produces is unbeatable. Easily putting ceramics to shame.

narsnail

London, ON
Meguiars NXT is a beast. The gloss it produces is unbeatable. Easily putting ceramics to shame.
I will be using the NXT as my sealant after the paint correction. I bought Fusso Soft99 as my top layer wax, very durable from what I've read.

I was supposed to do it over the long weekend but my pads and compounds got stuck at customs twice over a $3 discrepancy, so I'll be waiting another month probably.

Geebucks

I will be using the NXT as my sealant after the paint correction. I bought Fusso Soft99 as my top layer wax, very durable from what I've read.

I was supposed to do it over the long weekend but my pads and compounds got stuck at customs twice over a $3 discrepancy, so I'll be waiting another month probably.
You should order from carzilla.ca. Tons of products and coming from Canada. Check them out!

5tinger

Be ultra careful with the Soft 99 Fusso coat.
I tried the dark version, and no matter how little of the product was applied, it would always leave a smeared and streaky finish.
The water beading was amazing though.

narsnail

London, ON
You should order from carzilla.ca. Tons of products and coming from Canada. Check them out!
I did, ordered about half of my stuff from there and it was here in less than a week, really impressed. The only thing they didn't have were the compounds and pads I ordered from Oberk.
Be ultra careful with the Soft 99 Fusso coat.
I tried the dark version, and no matter how little of the product was applied, it would always leave a smeared and streaky finish.
The water beading was amazing though.
I opened it up to look at it and noticed how, I guess chalky and hard it was. I was going to go with Collinite but I wanted the durability. If it is too hard to apply I'll buy the Collinite and leave the NXT as the final layer, it lasts a few weeks I would think.

Oryan

Hampton Roads, VA
I don't think I've seen someone get so butthurt because they take care of their car differently.