kia stinger store

Exhaust Tips

He's talking about the clamps on the rear section of the exhaust. You can loosen them and adjust the pitch of the rear mufflers and tips so that they line up nicely in the diffuser openings.
He mentioned he might have to make modifications to line it up. Did people with MBRP have to adjust when installing? I don't want him to bend anything in my car.

AYip31

Florida
He mentioned he might have to make modifications to line it up. Did people with MBRP have to adjust when installing? I don't want him to bend anything in my car.
Nope. No bending whatsoever.
just needs to angle the and adjust the exhaust

SKStinger

Stinger Enthusiast
No. Don't cut it up. You lose the manufacturer warranty.

Yonkers NY
Hey everyone! :)

I don't want to hijack this thread but I could use some advice!

(Apologies if this is coming across very noobish or foolish)

I am looking at picking up a MBRP stainless steel catback exhaust for my 2020 Stinger GT RWD.

I am seeing multiple exhaust tips that are bright and blue (or rainbow) but some are requiring bending, molding, or cutting to install. I want to avoid that.

I am trying to find exhaust tips that look these** BUT can simply be put on without having to bend, mold, or cut anything on my car.

AYip31

Florida

I am looking at picking up a MBRP stainless steel catback exhaust for my 2020 Stinger GT RWD.

I am seeing multiple exhaust tips that are bright and blue (or rainbow) but some are requiring bending, molding, or cutting to install. I want to avoid that.

I am trying to find exhaust tips that look these** BUT can simply be put on without having to bend, mold, or cut anything on my car.

Search in Aliexpress is your best bet

Alain9994

Newish Member
Why would you want aftermarket tips for the stock exhaust?

But from what I’ve read.
Around, 51x89, need to trimming the bumper
Oval, 51x105, no trimming
You have helped me, thank you .. I love the car, quiet, I care only about appearance

Yonkers NY
Yonkers NY

AYip31

Florida
Aliexpress is basically the eBay of the Asia
Just type in like exhaust tips and etc.

Seen your post on the other exhaust thread.
Also with these aftermarket tips, it’s just clamps holding onto the end of the exhaust, so you can push them in all the way, or extend the tips out more if you want them to stick out more.

Yonkers NY
Aliexpress is basically the eBay of the Asia
Just type in like exhaust tips and etc.

Seen your post on the other exhaust thread.
Also with these aftermarket tips, it’s just clamps holding onto the end of the exhaust, so you can push them in all the way, or extend the tips out more if you want them to stick out more.
Thank you very much!! :)

Flameangel

2500 Posts Club!
Geelong, Victoria

I really like the blue tips but I'll probs get a Borla and put Borla tips on because I doubt these types will fit.

BlasterJax93

Jersey shore, NJ
I was in the same boat as you when I installed my Borla. Was on the verge off going back to stock and selling it. I decided to add sound proofing material to the trunk and this helped considerably. Then I did the "drone fix" talked about extensively on this forum by wrapping the muffler with muffler wrap and tucking it into the back of the tips to fill in the gap and clamping it all down. These 2 things eliminated 90% of the drone and cabin noise. Now I absolutely love it.
Would that work with this setup? Ngm delta muffler outlet 'floating ' in the oem tip

Attachments

• 20210110_150618.jpg
    20210110_150618.jpg
    193.8 KB · Views: 6

Alain9994

Newish Member
[QUO

I am trying to find exhaust tips that look these** BUT can simply be put on without having to bend, mold, or cut anything on my car

Where can I find it possible link

Alain9994

Newish Member

unfurl="true"]https://stingerforum.org/attachments/mufftip-jpg.9941/[/URL]

[QUO

I am trying to find exhaust tips that look these** BUT can simply be put on without having to bend, mold, or cut anything on my car

Shop had to cut part of my back muffler to fit in the tips. Otherwise they stick out. I wanted close to stock and that was the only way. Its an aftermarket exhaust so no biggy. Looks good. Got them from a vendor in Aliexpress. They have so many choices just pick the correct size. Was not that expensive either.

Attachments

• IMG_20210114_150218.jpg
    IMG_20210114_150218.jpg
    262.5 KB · Views: 10

JamesHG

Newish Member
The drone issue for my Borla became so irritating I just took it out and installed a Magnaflow system. Night and day difference. Very happy.

JamesHG

Newish Member
getting extended tips removes all drone on the borla
I could have, but someone else wanted to buy the Borla from me anyways. I wanted an exhaust that was what I wanted without having to do additional mods like adding tips or shaving the diffuser.

Magnaflow gave me what I wanted without the need for tips or sound deadening. Much quieter system.

Tell you what tho...the fitment on Borla is top notch compared to Magnaflow. Whoever did the mock up for the system at Borla prior to mass production did a good job. If I tried to put tips on the Magnaflow it would be a lot more difficult as they aren't lined up nearly as well as Borla to the factory outlets.