Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Dash mat

Discussion in 'Kia Stinger Interior Discussion' started by Mr. Wonderful, Mar 13, 2019.

1. SteveCo

SteveCo Canada 1000 Posts Club!

Good to see the cooling system is keeping up - the motor looks to be happy. That's a proper hot day, that is ... :devil:

• Like Like x 1
  2. eflyguy

eflyguy United States 1000 Posts Club! Staff Member Moderator

We get temps up there here as well, and even more down in Florida or out in the SouthWest. We love to complain about how many consecutive days we've had over (xxxº) in a row.

My 2003 F150 has never been garaged, so that's 17 years of Atlanta summer sunshine, and the dash looks great. Same with my ex's 2011 Soul, my daughters 2014 Challenger, my previous 2011 Sorento, my current 2015 Sorento. I guess I'm just saying that despite those temps, nobody here is buying dash mats. Seems to be a cultural thing..

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Ozstung

Ozstung Australia 2500 Posts Club! Sustaining Member

Totally agree with you there. The dashmat folk here are all 50 years +. The young folk wouldn't be caught dead with them. So its an historical thing to.

Ran this thread past the wife, funnily enough she said one of the first thing she looked at when buying her past second hand cars was the dash you could tell if they'd been leftbout in the sun.

Modern cars dashes probably don't crack, discolour and warp like they used to?

White cars are enormously popular here to.

4. Mr. Wonderful

Mr. Wonderful United States Member

I am also a Corvette owner, and the newest version (C7 2014-today) have problems with the dashes.
    The leather is shrinking I guess either by direct sunlight or heat, but it is a known problem.
    I honestly never thought this thread would elicit so many opinions. Thanks for your replies.
    As you have probably viewed in the first post, the mat I got fit terribly and I sent it back.
    I did order a different one today that I hope will fit. If not, I'm done, and will go without.

5. Ozstung

Mr W. For your viewing pleasure and for sparking an interesting ive posted in "Stingers down under" a poll : Aussies dashmat or no dashmat?. 4 options.
    But voting just for the locals (nothing personal) i just want to see if we have a DM fixation:D.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Coast GT

Coast GT Australia Stinger Enthusiast

Hey ease up there @Ozstung I’m nowhere near 50+ and I’ve got a dash mat. I also had one on the old car the Stinger replaced and I bought that one in my 20’s, can’t remember if the one before it had one but it probably did, I usually try to get dealers to throw them in with the floor mats as part of the deal. You old people with your sweeping generalisations :p:D:rofl:

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Coast GT

A few shots of the Kia supplied dash mat which fits perfectly, looks good and reduces the glare from the reflection of the dash on the windscreen. Also protects the leather/plastic finish of the dash. 328B3071-6E0B-4E01-ACEA-C4D2D279B626.jpeg AAFD2F9E-1D66-47D2-8A37-4D63F240584C.jpeg 188EAFEC-9926-4F81-B978-8A80AEB90277.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  8. ShannonC

ShannonC Australia Stinger Enthusiast

Yours looks ok compared to eBay crap.

9. Coast GT

Fits perfectly, there’s no overhang even though the camera angle makes it appear that way.

10. AV8R

AV8R Australia 5000 Posts Club! Staff Member Authorized Vendor Moderator

11. AV8R

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. Ozstung

Nice stuff Coast it looks good. No and you don't look anywhere near 50. It was just where id see if it was related only to us older people. I trust you put in your vote in the Stingers down under section.

13. OliverNuther

OliverNuther Australia Stinger Enthusiast

Plus it makes your car less likely to be stolen so increased security. Win/win. :p

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  14. Mr. Wonderful

Dealer website has nothing. I have ordered a "LTD. Edition" mat but I don't have high hopes of the fit.
    Will update with results.

15. AV8R

16. Mr. Wonderful

Thanks AV8R but too late. I wrote I have already ordered a replacement mat.
    If it does not fit correctly, I will order the one you show.
    I actually prefer the one you show, as I have the red interior and you can order the red trim on the mat.
    Where were you the other day??!
    Thanks.

17. Legendsk

Legendsk United States Newish Member

I got the same kind of deal from Autoanything on seat covers. Flat pieces of fabric to lay on the seat??? Previously opened? 50% refund if I returned. Since they had apparently already been sold to someone and returned, I kept them to see if I can use them to make seat covers, rather than pay the 50% and let them sell them again (for the ??? time).

18. AV8R

Draft saved Draft deleted