Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

3.3TT Creating True Plug-N-Play JB4 Harness (w/Fuel Wires)

Discussion in 'Burger Tuning JB4 Support' started by ecko04, Jun 10, 2019 at 11:22 PM.

1. turboAWD

turboAWD United States Active Member

Will definitely keep that in mind.. I DO have a soldering iron, but, I appreciate your solution.

2. RUFFSTUFF

RUFFSTUFF United States Active Member

I'm having a hard time finding a 6" LSU 4.9 extension harness... Hmmm...

3. ecko04

ecko04 United States Active Member

Yes, that’s typically the case with extension harnesses. They’re usually found in 1 ft increments for wiring.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2019 at 6:33 PM
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. soulevo8

soulevo8 United States Active Member

Definitely count me in. I've removed my fuel wires 3 or 4 times for service/warranty and I so far I've been lucky to not drop or break a posi-tap, but my O2 wire is starting to look like swiss cheese. It's not easy to get the same spot.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. runner1

runner1 Canada Newish Member

My plan is jb4 for my 50th in a couple months and would so gladly pay 600 for a complete plug and play unit...it just feels safer to add and remove at dealer time. Not a huge TTap fan

6. khmer07

khmer07 United States Newish Member

I'm interested, I already have the jb4, can you guys make me one? I would like to purchase.

7. James5623

James5623 United States Active Member

Definitely interested in purchasing as well

8. Jonathan Lasich

Jonathan Lasich Canada Active Member

This Plug-and-Play option just might sway me into getting a JB4 instead of an ECU tune.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Metalmania82

Metalmania82 United States Active Member

How can I order one???!?

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. terrelltechsup

terrelltechsup United States Active Member

Its heating up.... Its on FIRE. Boom Shakalaka - Terry's gonna do it just gotta give him about 25 minutes and it will be on the website I swear. Still amazes me how he keeps up with it all.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. RUFFSTUFF

RUFFSTUFF United States Active Member

I'm down for sure.

12. ecko04

I don’t have a store but I supposed the best way to handle it would be:

1) Order the extension harnesses, have them sent directly to me. Send me your tracking number once they ship so I know who they belong to and can confirm delivery
    2) I’ll wire them up and include the solder sleeve for you to complete the install using the directions above
    3) Send like $8 (lower 48) via PayPal for return shipping

Maybe if they’re popular enough I can get to a point where I’ll keep one or two on-hand for a quicker turnaround time.

• Like Like x 2
  13. MIGULZZ

MIGULZZ United States Member

ecko04 the real MVP here in this thread lets not forget to give credit where its due!

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. Metalmania82

Metalmania82 United States Active Member

I'll keep this in mind and be in touch soon.

15. ecko04

I appreciate this. I know people get tied up with the result and would like for Terry to produce them as a one-stop shop, vendor ultimately profits and that's cool, but I'd be remiss if I didn't say that it took me some time to get this all figured out.

I was a couple of hundred dollars down the rabbit hole with various o2 six pin connectors and extensions, which are non-refundable, and was on the brink of throwing in the towel before I gave a last ditch effort with the LSU 4.9 connectors after having failed with the LSU 4.2 connectors.

So thank you for this acknowledgment! We may all marvel at the result, but it wasn't a straightforward path to get there.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. turboAWD

turboAWD United States Active Member

I think you missed step 4) Add $10-25 to compensate ecko04 for his/her time.

I don't think anyone is trying to get your labor for free. And I don't see where there's any $$ in it for you in steps 1-3?

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. khmer07

khmer07 United States Newish Member

Sent you a message Ecko. I need this lol.

18. Dspec 1

Dspec 1 Active Member

I'm in for either ecko or Burger. Really need this!!

19. ecko04

I had the first forum member who seemed to be dead set on having this PNP harness created for their JB4 have their LSU 4.9 extension harness delivered to me today.

Here's what the member would receive in the return package

LSU 4.9 extension harness with two black wire leads (to be attached to the JB4 fuel wires) and two solder shrink sleeves.

I use a particular type of 20 AWG wire that's heat resistant to ~392 degrees fahrenheit, or 200 degrees celsius, given that this will be going in the engine bay and lead-free solder.

[​IMG]

For install

Step 1: Take one of the heat solder sleeves and slide it onto the wire, we'll need this in a subsequent step

Step 2: Take one JB4 fuel wire and twist it with the lead from the extension harness like so

[​IMG]

Step 3: Next slide the heat solder sleeve over the wires that were twisted in Step 2. The solder should be as close to center as possible.

[​IMG]

Step 4: Apply even heat to the solder as well as the red silicone bands to create a soldered waterproof connection

[​IMG]

Step 5: Unplug the o2 harness and plug your new extension harness in-line.

Step 6: Trash the Post-Taps and enjoy your PNP harness.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2019 at 4:11 PM
    • Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. robz32

robz32 United States 1000 Posts Club! Staff Member Moderator Texas Stinger Swarm

Looks great @ecko04 Very clean.:thumbup:

Draft saved Draft deleted