Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Car and paint protection

Discussion in 'Kia Stinger Detailing Discussion' started by Expert4, Mar 13, 2018.

1. phxgt

phxgt United States Active Member

Pretty sure that's the place that did the work and not his garage. :)

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. SteveCo

SteveCo Canada Stinger Enthusiast

Aha! I saw the pictures on the post that said it was back home, so assumed they were from there. Oh, well ... now I won't feel so bad when carefully navigating around things in my own ... :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Silverghost

Silverghost Canada Member

WOW - drive-in cinema
    Awesome garage

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  4. Mach_Tuck

Mach_Tuck United States 1000 Posts Club!

Just curious, was the PPF put onto the dark chrome trim on the grill and lower bumper? I had a full front done as well, except for the dark chrome (was told they didnt have template) and guess where i have a rock chip...

Just curious is all.

5. Expert4

Expert4 United States Active Member

The garage is my detailers garage although I would like to get lighting and a lift like he has added to mine.

Film was applied to the front dark chrome and it looks great.

6. Zotto

Zotto Canada Member

Up here in Canada i had my Black Chrome done on the front and the sides. They used a full front kit.

7. Expert4

I had entire hood and front end along with front quarters, lower rockers along both sides, pillars, and rear area below hatch all done in film. I then had entire car ceramic coated including wheels and brembo brakes coated.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Robs

Robs Singapore Active Member

My dealer had Xpel added on all the black chrome trim and headlights. Seems like the black chrome film was pre-cut, quite likely they might have a template already.

9. Expert4

Yes they have a template as a kit.

10. Jeff Kulas

Jeff Kulas United States New Member

You mentioned having the mirrors done. How does t look with the black chrome finish? I didn’t have my mirrors done because I was concerned how it would look on that finish. Post a close-up pic?

11. Mach_Tuck

Mach_Tuck United States 1000 Posts Club!

I have Suntek Ultra on my Mirrors and i think it looks awesome. They dont spot or fingerprint at all. I cannot tell a difference due to the black chrome. I wanted to have the fender vents done as well just for the look and cleaning aspect alone.

• Like Like x 1
Draft saved Draft deleted