kia stinger store

Buying a used Stinger, looking for advice.

RedCal

1000 Posts Club!
Toronto, ON

Grump

Ontario, Canada
I picked up Fast Wheels FC04 SKU: W49853 from CanadaWheels.com (+rings and black lugs) for $1037. Crappy tire had "buy 3 get 1 free" michelin x-ice snow. Wheels/tires/rings/lugs were $1902 taxes in. After install and $222 TPMS from the dealer it was quite a bit cheaper than the $2400+tax I was quoted for the same setup. That's a squared 225/45/18 setup tho. If you're reusing tires and going offset it may be a bit more than $1k for fast rims alone, but not much.

Finally got it picked up.

Had a hell of a time getting it jumped. the contact points in the engine bay didn't work so I had to go directly to the battery.

The good news is started right up. I let it idle for able 15 minutes and then highway drove it to the dealer.

Turns out the winter rims are black and quite nice.

I am having Kia do a full service and detailing while i have the summer rims powder coated gloss black.

Going in next week for coils and sway bars as they need to order them in.

LpWa1NU.jpg

RgiyLNb.jpg

sYVhLkD.jpg

RedCal

1000 Posts Club!
Toronto, ON
Finally got it picked up.

Had a hell of a time getting it jumped. the contact points in the engine bay didn't work so I had to go directly to the battery.

The good news is started right up. I let it idle for able 15 minutes and then highway drove it to the dealer.

Turns out the winter rims are black and quite nice.

I am having Kia do a full service and detailing while i have the summer rims powder coated gloss black.

Going in next week for coils and sway bars as they need to order them in.
Glad to hear you got it fired up! ....Those are the exact same winter rims I have... I vinyl wrapped the center cap on mine

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW
That is the dustiest Stinger (not dirtiest) I have seen. :D (what does the finger writing on your hatch window say?)
Employ sandpaper to smooth our those curb gouges, then touchup; should be good enough for winter driving.

That is the dustiest Stinger (not dirtiest) I have seen. :D (what does the finger writing on your hatch window say?)
Employ sandpaper to smooth our those curb gouges, then touchup; should be good enough for winter driving.

The back one said hello i'm dirty

The one on the side window, some guy wrote I want to buy this car and left his name and cell number.

I'm not too concerned about the winter rims. The summers were never actually mounted on the car. the tires and rims are brand new as the car was bought in the winter and then set in storage.

The dealer arranged the powder coating. All the service and cosmetic stuff will be done and ready for pick up Friday. Doing coils and sway bars the following week when I take it in for the recall update.

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW
The back one said hello i'm dirty

The one on the side window, some guy wrote I want to buy this car and left his name and cell number.

I'm not too concerned about the winter rims. The summers were never actually mounted on the car. the tires and rims are brand new as the car was bought in the winter and then set in storage.

The dealer arranged the powder coating. All the service and cosmetic stuff will be done and ready for pick up Friday. Doing coils and sway bars the following week when I take it in for the recall update.
Well, at least hit those spots with a "Marks A Lot", no reason to leave them advertising incompetent parking that was never your fault.

Well, at least hit those spots with a "Marks A Lot", no reason to leave them advertising incompetent parking that was never your fault.

Agreed. Once I get them off the car and in my home garage, I'll look at touching them up. They have a ton of scratches on them. I don't know what moron drove the car given it only has 2200 km on it but it looks like he hit every curb in Toronto

Picked up the car today from Kia.

The did a full service, put in a new battery, did safety and full detailing.

$1600.... Who knew a Kia gel filled battery would be $455..

Mind you that bill is covered by the company I bought it from so I don't really care.

I also bought the branded mats and a paint pen. Taking it in to get coils and sway bars once they arrive.

Just have to get the summer rims powder coated and that's pretty much it.

Not often you get a 2 year old car with no mileage for half price :)

vWAgezl.jpg

imRf6ot.jpg

IoiACNE.jpg

Just ordered a couple of these for my Android phone. It doesn't fit length wise with USB cable plugged in (which is needed for android auto)

It will fit with these on.

My summer rims got a heck of a deal on the powder coating ($500 for the set and that includes tire removal, reinstall and balancing).

QxY6QpJ.jpg

moiQNpA.jpg

Last edited:
Rims are back from powder coating. Look pretty good

fSInPwp.jpg

GXueKcs.jpg

wMKG30m.jpg

I'm actually quite pleased with the painting I did on the plastic caps

TaEKiu6.jpg

Last edited:

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW
Rims are back from powder coating. Look pretty good

fSInPwp.jpg

GXueKcs.jpg

wMKG30m.jpg

I'm actually quite pleased with the painting I did on the plastic caps

TaEKiu6.jpg
Nice pics. Snagged one for my calendar collection. :D

Nice pics. Snagged one for my calendar collection. :D
Tks :)

Car needs a good detailing. The summer wheels, i don't think have any mileage on them, need some armoral.

Now I'm waiting for my parts from this site store to dress it up a bit.

Schroedes

Tire shine

Mods pretty much done. Going in Friday for coils and sway bars.

Got my replacements for reflectors today installed. Badges coming eventually

Needs a good detailing but won't bother until they do coils and sway bars

Have to say I love the powder coating on the stock rims.

ezRu7UD.jpg

N34RfeI.jpg

wnAhYOW.jpg