Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Black Chrome Discoloring

Discussion in 'Kia Stinger Exterior Discussion' started by Callum, May 30, 2019.

1. nhcowboy28

nhcowboy28 United States 1000 Posts Club!

When in doubt, black it out.

2. bpang1

bpang1 United States Member

Blayde, I feel like we are having the same exact problem but I have not tried using french fry finger oil on them to see if it is outside or inside the trim.

Update on my progress - I called the Stinger Hotline, got a guy named Edward and sent him some photos. He is supposed to be following up with Kia of Portland but I haven't heard back in weeks. Going to call at some time this week but I am busy.

3. MerlintheMad

MerlintheMad United States 5000 Posts Club!

Even if the dealer were just around the corner they would be a pain in the keister for something like this. With nothing to lose, I'd try different things as they occurred to me. French fries oil! :laugh: That's a good one. Hey, if it looks better for a day or two, something else in that direction might work longer. Is dark chrome wrap available? That would be my solution. A whole lot less costly than bothering Kia/the dealer for a replacement trim piece.

4. Kyle_Gates

Kyle_Gates United States Member

Cant be combined cleaning products for me since I'm a "lazy cleaner". Keep the car clean, wash often but I just use Adam's car shampoo and.....that's it. (And I use it on the G35 and the Pacifica and the Odyssey as well and, no issues on them)

5. MerlintheMad

MerlintheMad United States 5000 Posts Club!

Lol, I am even more "lazy" than that: hot, soft water and lots of terrycloth towels, dry off with microfiber. I have been known to wash my car six times in nine days (that's the frequency record so far:p). Keep washing it every time it gets rained on; and once a week otherwise; I seldom go longer than that.

6. Rob 02

Rob 02 United States Member

I have this issue with my mirror cap on the passenger side.

7. MIGULZZ

MIGULZZ United States Active Member

I ended up just wrapping mine because people have the issue even after replacements, wrap1.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  8. mhal8876

mhal8876 United States Active Member

Looks Good! Where did you get the gloss black vinyl? link?

9. MIGULZZ

MIGULZZ United States Active Member

Draft saved Draft deleted