Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Aftermarket Sub Installation Planning / HK Amp Pinout?

Discussion in 'Kia Stinger Interior Discussion' started by WildBill, May 21, 2018.

1. Bryan Schneider

Bryan Schneider United States New Member

JL Audio VX1000/5i. Its mounted down at the rear of the hatch next to the battery/spare tire.

2. Bryan Schneider

Bryan Schneider United States New Member

So the only place I can seem to get full range sound for the subs is off the digital feed out of the head unit. Has anyone pulled sub information from one of the amplified outputs on the factory HK amp?

3. WildBill

WildBill United States Active Member

I've pulled mine off of the high level front door speaker leads.
    I don't really have a way to tell if they have a low pass crossover on them though.
    I get some additional bass but not a ton. Could be my setup though.

This is my install thread.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Diamondburn

Diamondburn Canada New Member

Am I missing something here? That harness wiring diagram must not be for the 15 speaker HK system is it?

5. WildBill

WildBill United States Active Member

The image in post 12 and 16 is correct for the HK system. At least on my 2018.
    The orientation is confusing, look carefully at the amp orientation. Connector A in the image is actually labeled with 2 on the harness. Connector B is labeled with 1.

• Like Like x 1
Draft saved Draft deleted