• PLEASE! It is VERY important that this area is not used for the discussion of technical issues with your Stinger. This section is for posting about regional-specific things like Stinger clubs, events, local vendor or dealer recommendations, KiaStinger.com member sightings, etcetera... In other words, I do NOT want people to need to scour through several different sections to find answers about their heads up display. That's why there's a section dedicated specifically to discussions like that. THANK YOU!
kia stinger store

A UK Forum section

Niall Etchingham

yep i kind of envy the 3.3 litre petrol, just destroys anything that tries to race it, i would recommend the rebadge as that makes most people wonder what it is and inquire. I just ordered the vinyl overlays so you can just return it back to normal if needed. I had a lady photograph the car and badge whilst my missus was still in the car...lol. GF was like WTF! Fuel consumption on the GTS sounds harsh but if you doing low mileage its worth it I reckon. Quick note if you see a Stinger , the 2.0 or 3.3 will have quad exhaust and diesel will have dual exhaust, easy way to tell. Although saying that I hacked my diesel with a quad exhaust so you cant actually tell but would expect most owners would not change the diffuser to mask the difference. I still plan to remap my Stinger diesel after next service , think i will probably be the first to do this as I cant seem to find anyone who has done it , so it should be interesting to see the results but my Vauxhall Insignia 2.0 diesel was remapped from 160 to 192bhp on a simple eco remap and it gave the car a whole new feel and also better economy. I still have the Insignia diesel and drive it now and again. Its 192bhp and with the Stinger at 200bhp I can still tell the Stinger is much faster mostly because of the automatic transmission, it pulls much faster at speed than the Insignia, both cars weigh approx. the same. The auto trans works well for the diesel version. But yes the Stinger is certainly an eye turner. Had my GFs mate spot the car in the driveway and he changed his order on his new Audi to try match the same colour as the Stinger Chroma Red, he was amazed by the colour and tried to change his order from grey to the the red
Hi
You mentioned vinyl badge overlays.
Can you let me know where I could obtain these from (and cost) also does that include the wheel centres??
Thanks
Niall

Stinger GT SS

5000 Posts Club!
Sydney, NSW

Neilburger

Hi all in the UK. Where you all from? What variant you driving. So many questions................
I'm in Cambridgeshire and running a 2.0 GT-Line in Panthera Metal

Are there any UK Stinger clubs or up and coming meets (Pandemic allowing)?

View attachment 47573
Hi JJay I have the same model and colour as you. I'm new to the club and would like to know if there any Stinger owners near me in Milton Keynes? I just love my Stinger and have now owned it since 2018.

mtuckeruk

Hi JJay I have the same model and colour as you. I'm new to the club and would like to know if there any Stinger owners near me in Milton Keynes? I just love my Stinger and have now owned it since 2018.
I'm in MK most of time but have the Diesel version GT Line S , Red with red interior, seen a grey and black Stinger driving around MK in the same day, never seen another Stinger and I have had mine for just under a year. Maybe after lockdown we can meet up and compare petrol vs diesel, want to remap mine

STINGER2305

Newish Member
Hi There I have a Stinger 2 litre gts Ceramic Grey, fitted catch can and race chip got all the bells and whistles be great meet some other stinger owners and meet. Im from Swindon Wiltshire

steveheath

Hi Guys, I collected my 70 reg Orange 3.3 Stinger a few weeks ago and very pleased with it so far. it was an ex demo and managed to get a great deal as the dealers need to clear their books before registering the slightly updated demo cars they have to buy.
Had it ceramic coated yesterday very cheaply by a guy who came to me and massively reduced the price due to the impact Covid has had on business. I think there's a lot of nonsense written about these new ceramic coatings so only opted for it over the basic dealership's wax based protection due to his price. Looks amazing but only time will tell of course
Slight frustration today as I went to fit the vintage K overlays and managed to ruin the rear one by trying to 'flatten' it marginally for a better fit. I also have some questions of the supplier as the wheel overlays seem to have an extra set of matching 3m pads but the overlays already have 3m applied.
Is the extra padding/3m sticker needed for a better fit? I'm guessing so as the overlay is fractionally larger than the original badge and probably won't stick without it.
I must say, the orange GTS wheel overlays on SAINTSPETE's car look better than I had imagined. I might go for them myself
I have a couple more questions I will post separately

steveheath

So, following on from above, can anyone help with the following queries?
Is it possible to somehow override the car seat memory 'safety' feature that prevents you from changing memory selections unless in Park? Rather annoying as I have always tended to have 2 positions, one for town driving where I am higher in the car for better visibility of the car's corners, and the other for motorway cruising. I have a bad back which makes me very fussy and need to recline a lot for long distance but that isn't practical around town. Obviously I can adjust each element of the seat while on the move but this is the first car I have had that prevents memory changes on the move
Secondly, is it just my car or do other's side windows fail to be 'wiped' by dropping and raising them when wet? When I leave our estate and it has been raining I have to pull out onto a tricky junction for which best visibility is needed so on other cars I would clear the side glass this way. On the Stinger it makes no difference. Petty but a slight gripe. Maybe an adjustment issue?
Thirdly, I have overly sensitive hearing (Misophonia) which means overly bright hifi gives me a headache quite quickly (amongst other things). Even if I put the Treble to -10 (lowest) it only just gets it down to an acceptable level for me. I have found HK system in the past always tend to be a bit bright for my tastes but this seems quite extreme. I'm sure 99.9% of people will find it an awesome hifi but has anyone had a similar experience and tried different tweeters or added a crossover? Adjusting the balance rearwards helps but each of these adjustments takes more than just the 'offending' frequencies away I feel

Overall though I think it's an amazing car for the money and I have some of the best cars going in past. It compares very well
I added a wifi hotspot device with a separate SIM retained from my last car so that I don't have to keep setting my phone to mobile hotspot for Traffic and Speed camera info. Definitely recommend that if anyone wants more detail.
Had slight issues with the car reading about 60gb of music on a USB stick but after reformatting to Fat32 and reloading it works fine now. In case anyone else has the same issue and needs help, feel free to ask. I tried NTSC and it only partially worked. Actually I ought to check before saying this as I can't remember if it was exFat or FAT32 that worked best. if anyone interested I will check

mtuckeruk

So, following on from above, can anyone help with the following queries?
Is it possible to somehow override the car seat memory 'safety' feature that prevents you from changing memory selections unless in Park? Rather annoying as I have always tended to have 2 positions, one for town driving where I am higher in the car for better visibility of the car's corners, and the other for motorway cruising. I have a bad back which makes me very fussy and need to recline a lot for long distance but that isn't practical around town. Obviously I can adjust each element of the seat while on the move but this is the first car I have had that prevents memory changes on the move
Secondly, is it just my car or do other's side windows fail to be 'wiped' by dropping and raising them when wet? When I leave our estate and it has been raining I have to pull out onto a tricky junction for which best visibility is needed so on other cars I would clear the side glass this way. On the Stinger it makes no difference. Petty but a slight gripe. Maybe an adjustment issue?
Thirdly, I have overly sensitive hearing (Misophonia) which means overly bright hifi gives me a headache quite quickly (amongst other things). Even if I put the Treble to -10 (lowest) it only just gets it down to an acceptable level for me. I have found HK system in the past always tend to be a bit bright for my tastes but this seems quite extreme. I'm sure 99.9% of people will find it an awesome hifi but has anyone had a similar experience and tried different tweeters or added a crossover? Adjusting the balance rearwards helps but each of these adjustments takes more than just the 'offending' frequencies away I feel

Overall though I think it's an amazing car for the money and I have some of the best cars going in past. It compares very well
I added a wifi hotspot device with a separate SIM retained from my last car so that I don't have to keep setting my phone to mobile hotspot for Traffic and Speed camera info. Definitely recommend that if anyone wants more detail.
Had slight issues with the car reading about 60gb of music on a USB stick but after reformatting to Fat32 and reloading it works fine now. In case anyone else has the same issue and needs help, feel free to ask. I tried NTSC and it only partially worked. Actually I ought to check before saying this as I can't remember if it was exFat or FAT32 that worked best. if anyone interested I will check
Welcome @steveheath . I am not sure about the seat memory, only ever used 1 memory selection. regarding the windows...yes all Stingers do this as well as newer cars, from my understanding its basicaly to stop the window getting scratched from dirt or dust particles. Its annoying, I had a vauxhall insignia which seemed to wipe the side windows perfectly and it was 8 years old. Now the Stinger(with all the bells and whistles) cant do the same thing, only sortof workaround I have found and used is to treat the windows with Rain X. It works , it coalesces the water droplets so you can see out, the water droplets coalesce and typically form a larger droplet until they meet a critical mass and fall down the window, works better when moving. It will also help your windscreen in general in wet weather etc. Regarding sound I have never had an issue with treble sound/music and actually max out the bass. Played with the enhanced sound settings but these appear to be too artificial and disabled them. Dont know anything about using a USB stick on a Stinger, I did use it on my Insignia and it worked ok, one gripe I have with my Stinger is I want to load fixed speed cameras onto the onboard map but cant seem to do this. I was able to do this on my Insignia and it would warn me for every fixed speed camera about 400 yards before. Insignia had an idrive like BMW system as well , Stinger doesnt have this option and you have to touch the screen for everything which is annoying, the turndial idrive system is a real winner in my opinion, its so much easier to use whilst you are driving

Hilleagle

one gripe I have with my Stinger is I want to load fixed speed cameras onto the onboard map but cant seem to do this. I was able to do this on my Insignia and it would warn me for every fixed speed camera about 400 yards before. Insignia had an idrive like BMW system as well , Stinger doesnt have this option and you have to touch the screen for everything which is annoying, the turndial idrive system is a real winner in my opinion, its so much easier to use whilst you are driving
With respect to the camera warnings, I can't help with a proper fix, but i would suggest using Waze, through Apple Car Play or Android Auto.

Warns you about traffic, fixed cameras and mobile!

wiggy 55

Newish Member
Hi,all. In the North West of UK. Love my GTS!!! Without doubt the best car I've ever had!
Hi, Gazp where in north west you from, i am up in Cumbria had my stinger march 2020 , just re taxed it over the moon only £150 for year Hope we all have a meet somewhere this year

G

G-786527

Hi all in the UK. Where you all from? What variant you driving. So many questions................
I'm in Cambridgeshire and running a 2.0 GT-Line in Panthera Metal

Are there any UK Stinger clubs or up and coming meets (Pandemic allowing)?

View attachment 47573
Hi All
I live near Bournemouth and have owned my 2 ltr. GT line S in Pearlescent White. I have owned it for a year now, absolutely delighted with it. Yet to see another one moving.
Servicing at 6mths is a bit OTT I feel.

Danum Alba

Newish Member
Had mine for 3 weeks, and my mate has had his a few weeks longer so I know theres 2 in Doncaster. We both have a red GTS, mine has the light interior. Still amazed at people wanting to talk about the car, even saw 3 Mums walking kids to school this morning discussing it :D

Vince

Superiluminal

Newish Member
UK
Just realised I never said hi in here.
I’ve a 69 plate 3.3 GT and I’m down in the south west, funnily enough there are two of us within 15 miles of Exeter with 69 plate GTs in grey.