• In the 1980s and 1990s we used AOL and Usenet. In the 2000s there were forums and message boards. In the 2010s - and until the very near future - Facebook and Instagram. Something new is coming for Stinger drivers... Become an early adopter of what's next by SIGNING UP HERE. Your email address will not be sold or used in any way other than us communicating more details as we prepare for launch - and we will not communicate often.

Sales down 63% in July

JERisBRISK

Sustaining Member +
Interesting, the hatch was a CRITICAL selling point for me after having driven a hatch for years and seeing how versatile it made the car overall for hauling stuff. The rear seats just let you choose between extra passengers or extra storage space! Most sporty sedans use that space for extra bracing, so without the stinger, if I wanted a 6 cylinder AWD upgrade to my $10k RSX, I was looking at a $100k price tag on an A7 :oops:

JERisBRISK

Sustaining Member +
I paid 45K OTD for my GT2 in 2019. If I would have had to pay sticker, I would not be driving a Stinger.

The car market is nuts right now. I love my stinger but it's not a $60K car. Butchering the "cheap" V6 trims probably hurt too.

My 2018 GT2 (purchased in April '22) as CPO w/ 17k miles on it was 50k OTD, including the added warranty -- after much haggling.

JERisBRISK

Sustaining Member +
Not many know about the G70, and fewer know it's basically a slightly nicer Stinger. In the long term the Stinger was probably the smarter choice.

Beauty truly is in the eye of the beholder. Just judging by this promo shot of the 2020 G70, I much prefer the interior of the Stinger GT2:

1659677659289.png

1659677711369.png
I can see a few tit-for-tat things I might want to swap out, but the G70 feels like a luxury sedan trying to be a sports car (I'm looking at you, quilted leather door panels and high-contrast accent-stitching on the dash), whereas the Stinger feels like a purpose-built luxury sports sedan.

The thing I probably most want as far as interior changes to the Stinger at this point would be for a pop-up screen. There are times I don't even want to use it. Would be nice if it could just hide away and leave me with a sleek, spartan, aerospace-evocative dashboard.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Stinger? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Transmetal

Stinger Enthusiast
I paid 45K OTD for my GT2 in 2019. If I would have had to pay sticker, I would not be driving a Stinger.

The car market is nuts right now. I love my stinger but it's not a $60K car. Butchering the "cheap" V6 trims probably hurt too.
I paid 36k otd for my 2020 awd base gt. People are paying that or more for a gt-line car now. I wouldn't own this car if not for the 3.3tt so I had to make sacrifices. I had to be under 40k because we had (at the time) just recently bought a house, which needed and still does need a bunch of stuff. The gt1 was about 41k, gt2 was running about 46k at the time.

I'm not a huge fan of the color I chose, it basically always looks dirty. Thought about potentially trading it in on either a gt1 or another gt in either white or ceramic silver. There's two problems though, I swapped in the nav and 8" screen out of a gt1/gt2 so I'd have to swap the original stuff back in, then swap my upgraded stuff into another base gt, which is a shit ton of work. Oh and the only base awd gt in my area, a white one with about the same miles as mine, 13k, they want 42 GRAND FOR IT! WTF??? 42k for a low mileage base gt. Haha, nope, guess I'll live with the dirty ass color.