1. PLEASE! It is VERY important that this area is not used for the discussion of technical issues with your Stinger. This section is for posting about regional-specific things like Stinger clubs, events, local vendor or dealer recommendations, KiaStinger.com member sightings, etcetera... In other words, I do NOT want people to need to scour through several different sections to find answers about their heads up display. That's why there's a section dedicated specifically to discussions like that. THANK YOU!
  2. We're having a vote for the location of our upcoming KIA Stinger dot com StingerFest. Please CLICK HERE to cast your vote!
Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

YVR Stingers

Discussion in 'Canada Stinger Forum' started by Nexitus, Oct 10, 2018.

1. Nexitus

Nexitus Canada Member

Hello!

I know you're out there, thought I'd get us started.

1) Anyone have a recommended shop to go for aftermarket installs?

2. Pikaxe72

Pikaxe72 Canada Newish Member

I'm in Surrey, Blue GT2 with tinted back windows.

3. westcoastGT

westcoastGT 2500 Posts Club!

what do you want to install ????? west van , here !

• Like Like x 1
  4. Nexitus

Nexitus Canada Member

Looking at mechanical bits, springs and potentially exhaust!

Based out of Richmond - Ghost Grey

5. GetLikeJinxy

GetLikeJinxy Canada Newish Member

Hi,

East Van resident here with a Blue '18 GT. I use Advance Automotive for all of my maintenance and aftermarket installation needs. The shop is close to the Richmond Auto Mall. John and Nancy run the place, Incredibly honest owners.

6. BBB

BBB Canada Active Member

Delta here! I haven't had any work done yet. Looking for a decent shop to tint my windows and wrap the roof.

7. Nexitus

Nexitus Canada Member

I was thinking about wrapping the roof as well! Let me know who you decide on

8. Pikaxe72

I went to Street Legal Tint and Detail in Surrey. Yes the shop is in a sketchy area but they do excellent work and it is guaranteed for life.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. westcoastGT

westcoastGT 2500 Posts Club!

N Motion in Burnaby does solid work as well

10. BBB

BBB Canada Active Member

What did you get done? What was the cost?

11. Pikaxe72

I had 6 windows tinted. The back hatch and rear 2 doors limo tint, the front two doors 50% tint. It was $325 taxes in. Car Tint Photo.jpg

12. BBB

BBB Canada Active Member

Limo looks really good on the blue. I'm thinking 35% would look good on my Ghost Grey - Limo might be a tad dark?? I was pulled over by Deas Island Highway Patrol in my Ford Fusion and they gave me a ticket for my drivers/passengers side windows being tinted....it looks really nice, but not going to chance it on the Stinger. I'm going to swing by Street Legal. Cheers!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Nexitus

Nexitus Canada Member

Does this sound like a reasonable charge locally?

$2000 Labor for installation of springs + rear swaybar
    $1000 quoted for parts.

14. BBB

BBB Canada Active Member

Labour seems high. Did they break down how many hours it will take? That will give you an indication of how much per hour they are charging. Reputable shops will always show the time and their per hour billing. If they are only giving you a total cost, I’d be asking some questions.

15. HastinChoi

HastinChoi Canada Newish Member

Hey all , long time lurker. I will be heading into the dealers this weekend to look at the '19 GT Limited to take advantage of the $1000 off. Is asking for 2-2.5k below MSRP seem reasonable ? Also, how much leeway should I expect for the admin and destination fees ?

@Nexitus i see that you're also from the Richmond area.. did you purchase from Kia Richmond ? If yes, how was your experience ?

16. BBB

BBB Canada Active Member

I purchased from Kia Richmond. The experience was below average for me. They were really keen on getting me in the door, they even let me take a stinger demo home and keep it over night. But after that, they service has be lacklustre. After purchasing a $50k car, one would think the service would be good, but not in my case. If I purchased an Audi or Merc, the experience would have been far different. I received no follow up call after purchasing, I’m still waiting on my Kia Rewards to be put through and the service department doesn’t seem to care that they are sevicing a new Stinger. I might as well have just bought a forte or and rio. I’m looking for a new dealership to take my car. At the end of the day, it’s a Kia dealership, and maybe expecting more from the experience is unreasonable??

I’ve also noticed that staffing is a revolving door. Service and parts department have turned over at least once since I bought.

As for price, I was able to negotiate a little over $3k off MSRP (negotiate from the web price as this dealership charges more than the web MSRP) plus had them add all weather floor mats and hatch mat. I felt good paying $49k, because I think this car is worth every penny.

I have a 18 GT Limited and I purchased last summer before the 19s arrived.

Hope that helps.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Nexitus

Nexitus Canada Member

Same as BBB. I purchased from KIA Richmond. The experience originally wasn't the worst. I think it is highly dependent on the Sales Rep you get, but those guys rotate in and out quick. I don't think the guy I worked with is there anymore.

The Sales Manager and Financing Managers were the worst, they'd just churn you out like you're a common sale just to make months end. I think the big lesson is, if you try to get in before months end, you'll get a better deal, but they'll definitely not mention a ton of things that are important and you should keep in mind during the sale.

Always question them on:
    1. Seeing the car, and it being in-stock. No plastic wrapping off, you want the real, off the boat car!
    2. Don't sign anything to help them meet their month-end unless you're 100% comfortable with what is presented, all the numbers add up.
    3. If you want them to throw in anything, have them write it down on the sales form.
    Price paid, is basically the same as BBB above. GT Limited, in Ghost Grey as well. They didn't throw in anything for me. I purchased end of April last year.

I'd suggest doing what BBB did, have calls and emails with all the dealers to see who offers the best, and twist their arm a little in terms of waiting it out and see who eventually gives you the best deal.

18. BBB

BBB Canada Active Member

Where have you guys been going for your services; to the dealership or third-party? I'm in need of my second service and Kia Richmond has hiked they service rates since last time I was there and now want over $200 for the second service.

19. NVanGT

NVanGT Canada New Member

Hello,
    I'm driving GT-Line AWD, and this is my 4th Kia (2 Sorentos & Soul Turbo) from the same dealer; North Shore Kia over 6 years. I've been pretty happy with their sales and services. You might check it out.

20. Nexitus

Nexitus Canada Member

Haven't needed to do a second service yet. Richmond KIA is super convenient for myself since its half between my place and the Canada Line to downtown for work...

Did their staff turnover again?

Draft saved Draft deleted