Worst parking

MerlintheMad

10000 Posts Club!
West Jordan, Y00TAW
That's the best some can do..

Anyone else here see the Dashcam Australia vid from a while back where someone comes around a corner to find another vehicle trying to parallel park.. I don't know which is funnier, watching their pathetic attempt or the hilarity from the folks in the car with the camera. (Popped up again on my YT feed this morning..)
Starts at 05m10 or so.

*snort* There is no doubt. :laugh: (the poor driver of that SUV had not the first clue how to do that. Sad/Funny:))

MerlintheMad

10000 Posts Club!
West Jordan, Y00TAW
At Anderson park yesterday (North Redondo), this lady pulls in behind me right after I parked and got out. A lot of people around here park over the dividing lines, as if they don't exist. :rolleyes:
DSC08837.JPG
(I didn't stay in that spot long, but too long, it turned out: another form of "worst parking" is under trees with birds. I backed into the end stall across the driveway from this end stall and cleaned the bird crap off and polished up the glass at least.)

Nasscar

1000 Posts Club!
Perth, Western Australia
At Anderson park yesterday (North Redondo), this lady pulls in behind me right after I parked and got out. A lot of people around here park over the dividing lines, as if they don't exist. :rolleyes:
View attachment 37649
(I didn't stay in that spot long, but too long, it turned out: another form of "worst parking" is under trees with birds. I backed into the end stall across the driveway from this end stall and cleaned the bird crap off and polished up the glass at least.)
There's always someone trying to shit on us Stinger owners. :cool:

eflyguy

2500 Posts Club!
Georgia, USA
I'm sort of mid-project on installing a ceiling fan in place of a light in my garage. The wires were hanging down enough that a bird was just hanging out up there and pooping berry crap on my hood. Took me a while to figure it out - I thought they were just landing on the car, because they also attack their reflection in the windows (house and car) in mating season and get crap all down the sides.

Thankfully, with ceramic, a quick spray with a water bottle removes it when wet, or I just leave it to dry and it flicks off.

I did fold the wires up, though.

ShannonC

1000 Posts Club!
I'm sort of mid-project on installing a ceiling fan in place of a light in my garage. The wires were hanging down enough that a bird was just hanging out up there and pooping berry crap on my hood. Took me a while to figure it out - I thought they were just landing on the car, because they also attack their reflection in the windows (house and car) in mating season and get crap all down the sides.

Thankfully, with ceramic, a quick spray with a water bottle removes it when wet, or I just leave it to dry and it flicks off.

I did fold the wires up, though.
Bare wires = no more bird problems. Just be quick to remove the bodies.

Flameangel

2500 Posts Club!
Geelong, Victoria
From the original post, they said it was caused by ice on the road and the car sliding down sideways on a hill. :oops:
OMG!! I'd chuck a fit if that happened, if caused by ice I know it's really no one's fault but still ........:eek: ......thank goodness I don't live somewhere that has snow and ice :):thumbup:

MerlintheMad

10000 Posts Club!
West Jordan, Y00TAW
Not sure what was going on here but that's some close parking. Found it on the Stinger owners Facebook page. View attachment 37720
It would take both drivers turning away from each other at the same time to disengage that "hug" without damage (hopefully).

ShannonC

1000 Posts Club!
It would take both drivers turning away from each other at the same time to disengage that "hug" without damage (hopefully).
Disagree, rear quarter panels would probably hit. Best to just push away on ice?

Silverghost

Unless it had melted, which appears to be the case.
A few strong men should be able to bounce one away from the other or raise on dolly's and move. Certainly some damage to both cars...

Ozstung

Sustaining Member
Western Sydney.
Me thinks it's fake. Where's all the ice? And funny how it lined up perfectly. Seen photo shoppers at work they can make anything look believable.

eflyguy

2500 Posts Club!
Georgia, USA
Where's all the ice?
erm.. it melts?

You may not be used to it, but icing from freezing rain is fairly common. We get it here a couple of times a year. It can be gone in hours, or linger for a couple of days.

Flameangel

2500 Posts Club!
Geelong, Victoria
Hey @Ozstung where's your specs Mister ? look at the top right corner in the pic you can see a snow mound, probably scooped there after the snow ploughs/ trucks cleared the roads.
If you look down at the ground in front of the Silver car I think there is still sleety/icy looking patches on the ground.;)

eflyguy

2500 Posts Club!
Georgia, USA
If you don't live with it, it's not obvious.

We joke a lot about our weather here. In summer we call it "hotlanta" - temps near 40C for a month or more. In winter, it can get to -20C sometimes. As it's hilly, ice can cripple the city, and when it snows, slight warming melts it, then it freezes again overnight. Nobody can drive on ice.