kia stinger store

World's Most Expensive Stinger-powered vehicle?

Crisis

Saskatoon, SK
1981 Delorean with an engine from a Stinger sells on Bring a Trailer for $243,000.

1981_delorean_dmc-12_16348419783b2253e7TED77271.jpg

Here's the link to the completed auction:

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW
This must be the DeLorean project car from a year or so ago. Over a quarter million seems like a ton of money to me. :D

Transmetal

Stinger Enthusiast
I woulda thought it had A LOT more power. Guys are making as much or more power with some bolt ons and the Jb4 tune with our tiny stock turbos.

BertBert2019GT

Stinger Enthusiast
Centreville, VA
The entire build is on youtube. Otsuka Maxwell Design (OMD) and they explain their power choices. These are the same guys who did the Redbull KIA Forte drift car powered by the same stinger motor. And that beast is ‘a reliable 600hp’

new kia badge emblem logo
The best place to buy Kia Stinger modifications is at KDM Warehouse dot com! The official store of Kia Stinger dot com...

stoopid

Stinger Enthusiast
Las Vegas, NV
Car was built really well by a respected custom shop, I see nothing wrong with an expertly crafted one of a kind vehicle for this price. You couldn't pay someone much less than that for an exact build. The fact they documented it so well every step of the way certainly earned the sale price, and it's good to see them get some reward for the hard work and vision.

Now, would I buy the car? No, not even for $100,000. But tastes are subjective, this just would not be my way of spending that kind of money on a vehicle. IMO it's a puffed up tin can rocket ship, just a really well done puffed up rocket ship.

Transmetal

Stinger Enthusiast
For that kinda money I could have a 6th gen "Trans Am" from those guys in Florida that custom build them.
2018-trans-am-455-super-duty-coupe-blue-1200x800-(3)_0.jpg

Car was built really well by a respected custom shop, I see nothing wrong with an expertly crafted one of a kind vehicle for this price. You couldn't pay someone much less than that for an exact build. The fact they documented it so well every step of the way certainly earned the sale price, and it's good to see them get some reward for the hard work and vision.

Now, would I buy the car? No, not even for $100,000. But tastes are subjective, this just would not be my way of spending that kind of money on a vehicle. IMO it's a puffed up tin can rocket ship, just a really well done puffed up rocket ship.

Transmetal

Stinger Enthusiast
Just get a Camaro.
Don't want a Camaro. All those years I owned a Firebird Formula and a Trans Am GTA I coulda just bought a Camaro too. Only 2 Camaro's I'd consider owning would be a 5th or 6th gen ZL1 or 1st gen RS/SS.

stoopid

Stinger Enthusiast
Las Vegas, NV
Don't want a Camaro. All those years I owned a Firebird Formula and a Trans Am GTA I coulda just bought a Camaro too. Only 2 Camaro's I'd consider owning would be a 5th or 6th gen ZL1 or 1st gen RS/SS.
But you're not really getting a Pontiac either, and you're paying a premium for the trans 'fakebird'. The new Camaros are plenty quick and the ZL1 handles well, and doesn't cost much IMO for what it offers.

If Pontiac was still around today it would just be a parts binned Chevy with a different body. IE - the picture you posted. Pontiac by badge only.

The best place to buy Kia Stinger modifications is at KDM Warehouse dot com! The official store of Kia Stinger dot com...

Transmetal

Stinger Enthusiast
But you're not really getting a Pontiac either, and you're paying a premium for the trans 'fakebird'. The new Camaros are plenty quick and the ZL1 handles well, and doesn't cost much IMO for what it offers.

If Pontiac was still around today it would just be a parts binned Chevy with a different body. IE - the picture you posted. Pontiac by badge only.
Yeah but we're talking money no object here. In that reality, I'd definitely waste the money to have a "fake bird" as you put it and I wouldn't be driving around a dime a dozen Camaro. Kinda like me owning a Stinger. I'm sure for the the money, we could all be driving Charger or Challenger scat packs but I'd rather pay more (not me per say as I have a base gt) for a more unique vehicle that not everybody has.

stoopid

Stinger Enthusiast
Las Vegas, NV
Yeah but we're talking money no object here. In that reality, I'd definitely waste the money to have a "fake bird" as you put it and I wouldn't be driving around a dime a dozen Camaro. Kinda like me owning a Stinger. I'm sure for the the money, we could all be driving Charger or Challenger scat packs but I'd rather pay more (not me per say as I have a base gt) for a more unique vehicle that not everybody has.
The Stinger was the better deal for me [Chargers and Challengers were fetching a premium here in sin city because, you know - derp status symbol], but I hear you on the 'money no object' thing. Kinda forgot that was the point of this thread. lol

Transmetal

Stinger Enthusiast
The Stinger was the better deal for me [Chargers and Challengers were fetching a premium here in sin city because, you know - derp status symbol], but I hear you on the 'money no object' thing. Kinda forgot that was the point of this thread. lol

At the time I bought my 2020 awd base gt I could've easily picked up a Charger scat pack for just under 40k. I live in MN though, that car would basically be unusable for about half the year. Winter here is 5-6 months some years. So yeah, stinger was definitely an easy choice for me but if I lived in Florida or someplace warm, I'd most likely be driving a Camaro V8, which is also cheaper than than most gt2's in my area.

kia stinger badges
Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Stinger? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

shoengine

Now I want a six speed Stinger.

stoopid

Stinger Enthusiast
Las Vegas, NV
At the time I bought my 2020 awd base gt I could've easily picked up a Charger scat pack for just under 40k. I live in MN though, that car would basically be unusable for about half the year. Winter here is 5-6 months some years. So yeah, stinger was definitely an easy choice for me but if I lived in Florida or someplace warm, I'd most likely be driving a Camaro V8, which is also cheaper than than most gt2's in my area.
The Stinger is nicer than anything you've listed in your posts. There's much more to driving than numbers, at least for me, and certainly this is becoming truer the older I get. I really like the fit and feel of the Stinger's interior. I owned a 5th gen Camaro and more recent Mustang as a rental, neither had 'good' interiors. They're not designed with that in mind in order to save money spent elsewhere. It sounds like Stingers have been historically over priced in your area, where I am it was common to find $3,000-6,000 off sticker with even more wiggle room pre-pandemic. There isn't a Camaro, Mustang, Charger or Challenger that gets me as much performance dollar for dollar with the incentives. Now, with trim restructuring resulting in more expensive 3.3TT cost of entry, it's less compelling but after owning one I'd still pick the Stinger over the others even if the cost was the same. That said, once we approach $50k my attention turns away from the Stinger altogether. I'm only thinking entry level GT with the 3.3TT, for my wallet that's the sweet spot.