Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Bad Winn Kia of Dublin

Discussion in 'The Stinger Dealership Experience' started by Phil562, Nov 6, 2018.

1. Phil562

Phil562 United States Member

I am from Los angels looking to buy a 2018 GT1 in Dublin CA. I talked to Calvin the salesman. We went over some numbers. I mentioned to him that i want the 0% financing offer from Kia and i also mentioned that i didnt qualify for the competitive bonus. He quoted me 42.8k ODT. I hesitated to accept. I said 41.5k but they wont take. I let it sit over the weekend. I was looking at 2019 GT1 in ceramic silver and i wanted it but its over what i want to spend. I called up Calvin and he mentioned that hes on vacation so later i called Dublin sales manager. His name is Carl Leung. A typical american name for a chinese man. I mentioned about the conversation before with Calvin and i want to up my offer. Carl said he cant do it. He mentioned that Calvin had put in the competitive bonus that brought down the price before. So actually the price of the car is now 45.8k. I told him its crazy for 2018 model. And Carl said he cant give me 0% financing. But there is a 4.9%. WTH!! I have been throuh this with other Kia guys. They tell you a good price to bring you in then you find out if you want to go on a 0 financing route they have to add back the incentive to the price of the car. Switch and bait. Interesting i told Carl i cant do it with his price. Then his tone of voice changed "good luck buddy!" then he hung me up. Kia, if you read this my question to you is "if you want to compete with BMW or Mercedes how can you do it with these type of customer service?"

2. RVance

RVance United States Active Member Sustaining Member

Ckeck out Car Gurus. You might find a 2019 in your price range. Don't get discouraged. In the mean time, save money for a down payment, tax, and license. I got a .9% finance deal on my loan balance after $15K down. You will find a dealer who will work with you. Good luck!

3. Phil562

Thats exactly what i will do. Put 15k down with .9 financing . How much did you pay for your car? What trim and color?

4. DaJackson

DaJackson United States Stinger Enthusiast Staff Member Moderator

This would happen at BMW or Benz too. Nothing about this interaction warrants a thread.

Is this your first car buying experience?

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Phil562

Yes it is. I hope to gain knowledge from here.

6. DaJackson

DaJackson United States Stinger Enthusiast Staff Member Moderator

I’d suggest Googling car buying basics, this forum is not going to have the level of information you would need to handle normal dealership interactions.

7. mldavis2

mldavis2 United States 1000 Posts Club!

I agree with @DaJackson here, but be aware of one thing when dealing with car salesmen. The salesman has NO authority to make a deal on a car. The sales manager is the only one. If the salesman quotes you a deal, it came from the sales manager. So if you can't deal with the sales manager, you need to find another dealer.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. MerlintheMad

MerlintheMad United States 2500 Posts Club!

Good - Jerry Seiner of South Jordan Utah
    This local guy just bought from the same dealership that I did (back in March). My OTD was almost 10K more, back then; this is the difference by year's end when they want to move the MY18s off their lots. You should not be paying that much for a MY18 GT1, no way.

9. RVance

I live just below the Oregon border on the Cali coast. The only dealers near me were in Medford, OR and Eureka, CA. 100 and 80 miles away. The Eureka dealer had three Stingers, but I wanted a GT2 AWD in Ceramic Silver with red leather. They (Harper Motors) were the first to meet my price and drove down to Oakland, CA to get it for me. I told them I had my own financing and could cut them a check on approval of a deal. I refused to talk financing until I got a quote. After we agreed on a fair price, they offered me the best financing I could get. Helps to have good credit. The only restriction was the 5 year term. They wouldn't go for 3 or 4 year payoff. Total financing costs probably will beat inflation over time. Like Mad Merlin says, you should be able to get a great deal on an '18.

10. AV8R

AV8R Australia 2500 Posts Club! Staff Member Authorized Vendor Moderator

11. Phil562

I feel the opposite. He got irritated and change his tone of voice and attitude when i dont accept his offer. We all have been there, they are super nice in the beginning. If we dont agree then their attitude change. If i chose to say no to the offer at least be professional about it.

12. AV8R

AV8R Australia 2500 Posts Club! Staff Member Authorized Vendor Moderator

13. RVance

Good advice! My dealer has been in operation since 1912- one of the oldest in the country. I had to push the deal, they were so non-pressure. The manager and salesman took a picture with me and my new Stinger when I picked it up. The couple times I have visited, they remember where I'm from and what I bought. They have a shuttle to take you around town while you wait for service. This is why I like living in the boondocks. People take time for you.

• Like Like x 1
  14. eflyguy

eflyguy United States 1000 Posts Club! Staff Member Moderator

... and this is exactly why I negotiated a deal over the phone, then jumped on a 'plane to Indianapolis to pick up my Stinger from @KiaofMuncie, and drove her 560 miles home thru the night.

Many think I'm nuts, but the buying experience is my number one priority and, if I had to replace her tomorrow, I'd be on a 'plane again!

• Like Like x 2
  15. MerlintheMad

MerlintheMad United States 2500 Posts Club!

Sounds like Kia of Muncie and Jerry Seiner Kia are operating from the same play book! :):thumbup:

16. ZyroXZ2

ZyroXZ2 United States Active Member

Uhhh, I can tell you from experience that this dealership is terrible in both their service and sales. Go to a different Kia dealership, period.

17. Peeso33

Peeso33 United States Newish Member

M
    mind sharing another dealership as an option? Running out of options in California.

18. DiabloStinger

DiabloStinger United States Stinger Enthusiast

Same shit in AZ. Dealer advertises reasonable discounts on 2018 models and then backs away from them when someone shows interest. The dealer I talk to tells me his lease and purchase prices are different... Kia Corporate doesn't agree with not honoring the price and charging add ons for things that come as standard equipment.

My advise is to walk away. If they truly want to sell they'll call you.

19. ZyroXZ2

ZyroXZ2 United States Active Member

I don't think there is... it's "Kia" in California where tech billionaires are running around with supercars and people make enough money to buy BMWs, Mercs, and Audis instead :whistle: lol

I'm regretting a Kia since I have yet to formulate my absolutely AWFUL experience with this dealership (they STILL have my car, since 9/28/18), and how they try so hard to argue with me and talk down to me like I "don't understand"... The Stinger is a great car; Kia and its dealerships not so much.

Draft saved Draft deleted