kia stinger store

Will/would/have you rebadge(d) your Stinger?

Will/would/have you rebadge(d) your Stinger?

• Yes. I have rebadged my Stinger, or likely will do so in the future

Votes: 349 83.7%
  • No. I have not rebadged my Stinger, nor am I likely to do so in the future

Votes: 68 16.3%

• Total voters

Intelliburn

Central Ohio
If you hadn't said anything I wouldn't have noticed. Now I can't unsee it. :p
I’ve got the same thing by just a hair. Most of the lettering covers it.

Kia Stinger

Staff member
Palm Beach, FL
Where are you guys getting your front badge and large "stinger" for the rear? I ordered from KDM, but the body shop guy said he was worried about the front since my new badge was jsut slightly smaller than the existing one. And the "Stinger" on the trunk is slightly too small as well, to cover the holes it had to be slightly left of center. So is there a front badge like what I got that is at least the same or larger size? And where do you find the larger "Stinger" for the trunk?
If you have it handy please include a link, but any info is helpful... Thanks!
...same situation for everyone who swapped emblems.

Vonrichthofen

I am not much of a fan of the oval KIA logo. But what I disliked even more is the optima name plate on the trunk of my last two kias, a 2011 optima and a 2015 optima. On both I ordered the Korean K5 emblem and replaced the crappy optima lettering.
For my two day old 2021 Stinger, I ordered the Stinger badge for the center of the steering wheel. In the future I plan on changing the wheel center cap logos to Stinger logos and I am going to order the round “Kia Motors” logo for the nose. I think is just a smaller and classier looking badge.

Intelliburn

Central Ohio
I am not much of a fan of the oval KIA logo. But what I disliked even more is the optima name plate on the trunk of my last two kias, a 2011 optima and a 2015 optima. On both I ordered the Korean K5 emblem and replaced the crappy optima lettering.
For my two day old 2021 Stinger, I ordered the Stinger badge for the center of the steering wheel. In the future I plan on changing the wheel center cap logos to Stinger logos and I am going to order the round “Kia Motors” logo for the nose. I think is just a smaller and classier looking badge.
Let me know when you do it. I’m interested in how it looks. My only concern is any hole issues. When I removed the back Kia logo it had two pegs that inserted into the car. My replacement Stinger logo did a decent job of covering the holes (just barely exposed). However with a round badge replacing an oval in the nose, I wonder if I will run into a similar issue only unable to cover the holes. I think the Kia Motors badge would look good with a Brembo Red involved. I have an Aurora Black car so I’m biased. Lol.

Vonrichthofen

FWIW I just ordered the metal badge skin for the front from KDM warehouse, which sticks on over the existing badge. It was recommended by KDM so I'm hoping it will work. At least no holes to cover or paint to potentially chip when removing the existing badge. Fingers crossed...
What one did you get?

guitarguy

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW
I got this one. If it doesn't fit properly I'll be sure to post back.
Same ones I had on for 2.5 years. Never any issues with them but the 3M tape started to lift under the front skin after that long.

Vonrichthofen

All the round KIA badges (including the E) cover the holes left by the alignment pins on the front of the Stinger.
Does that include the round Stylized K with Kia above the K and motors under the K?

Attachments

• EB2F394A-239B-4C89-85AE-65E2CFB5E52A.jpeg
    EB2F394A-239B-4C89-85AE-65E2CFB5E52A.jpeg
    28.1 KB · Views: 4

Vonrichthofen

Thanks man. I thought that was one of the classiest of the hood emblems.

Silent Knight

The poll should say how ashamed are you of showing your Kia badge. :D
The Stinger will be the first Kia we've re-badged (we've owned six Kias over the years)...they've gotten generous exposure in our driveway, lol. I just wanted to change things up with a stylized badge...tired of the stock logo. And since the dealer is doin' it free...couldn't turn down the offer.

I got this one. If it doesn't fit properly I'll be sure to post back.
Lol at the intro in the link..."Add some status to your Kia." Hahaha

WRXtoStingerGT

1000 Posts Club!
USA
I am entertaining the idea of ordering this:

But only for the steering wheel, center wheel caps, and front hood emblem. My rear already has "Stinger" and "GT" from the factory. I plan to debadge/remove the "GT" on the back and somehow paint the STINGER emblem black.

:D

guitarguy

I did the skins that I'd posted above, front and back. Work great, no removal of old ones, and it looks like they'll stay stuck. Glad I ended up going this route

Ric 'Ochet

Finished the “E” badge rebadge this weekend. Looks great and a combination of overlay and new badging. I bought the gun metal Oval E badge from KDM after I messed up the removal of the original Kia badge (pulled a little paint that couldn’t be covered). That said KDM took the return even after 30 days, credited me, and promptly sent out the oval replacement. image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Ric 'Ochet

Last edited: