kia stinger store

Will/would/have you rebadge(d) your Stinger?

Will/would/have you rebadge(d) your Stinger?

• Yes. I have rebadged my Stinger, or likely will do so in the future

Votes: 305 83.6%
  • No. I have not rebadged my Stinger, nor am I likely to do so in the future

Votes: 60 16.4%

• Total voters

Transmetal

I just re-ordered a new front badge that is not an overlay from the kdm warehouse... my fault for ordering the wrong item, guess I’ll have to wait another 2 weeks for it :/
Where did you order the Kia overly from? I don't mind the Kia badge but it's a bit bright for my taste, I don't want a whole new badge, just want something I can lay over the top of the Kia on the front.

GPhenom

I'm hoping that the 2022 version will come with the new design that has been featured on the prototype vehicles. If it does, I'll keep it. If they stick the original logo on there, I'll definitely rebadge.

Tommy T

I purchased the front "E" and back "Stinger" emblems, not because I'm embarrassed of the Kia brand, but simply because these OEM alternatives look more slick. If people ask what car brand it is I'll be proud to tell them it's a Kia.

I've seen a few videos on replacing the front and back emblems. While it looks easy enough as a DIY I've never replaced emblems before so I'm somewhat hesitant on doing it myself. I have the tools (e.g., heat gun, removal tool, goo gone). I purchased 2 of each in case I mess up the first go around.

I guess the question is whether to do it myself or take it to a professional body shop.
Quote from Automotive News (Kia tests higher tier in home market):

Kim Chang-sik, executive vice president in charge of domestic sales, announced the new strategy while unveiling the Stinger to the home audience at the Seoul auto show this month.

...I never done a real badge myself until recently I went to KDM warehouse and ordered a E badge for the front and the script for the rear. 4 center E caps for rims. These are louden badges top quality. With rebadge removal kit that comes with 2 rubber removal tools ( forgot what there called ) 2 pieces 3/8” wood dowels cut to fit my closed hand 30lb fishing line & 1875 watt conair hair drier 11+$ @ Walmart. Doesn’t take as long as some videos claim to remove them. Took around 30 min each come off intact with post. Read directions look at some DIY vids. Not as daunting as it seems. Gotten lot of looks & likes from people.

In South Korea, the Stinger will also dump the traditional oval badge with KIA spelled in capital letters. It is nowhere to be seen on the car. Instead, the Stinger gets a stylized E ringed by a circle. The E's top and bottom lines represent the four wheels, while the middle crossbar is supposed to symbolize the longitudinally aligned powertrain of its rear-wheel drive layout.

The letter E might also stand for engineering, excellence and exclusivity. "The value we would like to express through this emblem is that the Stinger is engineered by excellence. The Stinger is indeed the essence of engineering," Kim said. "Stinger is a special car for the selected few. So, it is exclusive," he said.

Also have a look at this video:

Tommy T

Purchased a front E badge & the rear script E center caps ( carbon fiber ) Never done it before very apprehensive. Ordered all from KDM including rebadge removal kit. Used 1875 watt hair drier conair 11-13$ Walmart some 3/8” wood dowels cut to fit my closed hand 30 lb fishing line. Took maybe 30 minutes or less to remove each badge intact with post no damage not as daunting as it appears. Watch some vids & read badge install directions pretty straight forward. Also don’t forget goo-gone. By the way the louden badges are top quality u won’t be disappointed!! Have noticed lots of people looking & complimenting Snow White. PROUD TO OWN MY STINGER I DONT BLEND IN LIKE EVERYBODY ELSE

razor_ro

Ordered the front K and back stinger badges from the KDM site, along with the tire overlays for stock rims that say GT, and the steering wheel overlay that says Stinger as well, I had a friend who put the front and back badges on for me and removed the smaller stinger badge on the back left... I think the car looks wayyyy better now, proud to tell people it’s a KIA when they ask, love their reactions lol

legbuh

Southern MN
Just did the front E Badge, removed rear kia and replaced with larger Stinger, removed small stinger badge and replaced wheel caps with Es and the steering wheel E coming soon.

Thinking about removing the GT or at least the AWD badge as well. Looks so much cleaner in the rear, but goo gone doesn't work so great I found... it takes a lot of time and elbow grease. :)

Kamauxx

2500 Posts Club!
Just did the front E Badge, removed rear kia and replaced with larger Stinger, removed small stinger badge and replaced wheel caps with Es and the steering wheel E coming soon.

Thinking about removing the GT or at least the AWD badge as well. Looks so much cleaner in the rear, but goo gone doesn't work so great I found... it takes a lot of time and elbow grease. :)
I debadged my Audi a few weeks back and the Goo Gone was more of a headache than a help. It's easier to just roll the glue with your fingers. It is a lot of work but at least it makes less mess than the Goo Gone does.

DemianCush

Burns, OR
I went badgeless, save the the checkered/gunmetal E on the front. Those that recognize the car that just beat them know- to the rest.... just guess.

Attachments

• 16041052736703686541025222699898.jpg
    16041052736703686541025222699898.jpg
    169.9 KB · Views: 18

cncBilly

1000 Posts Club!
North Vancouver
Does anyone know a site that has the 14 inch Stinger emblem and the GT emblem for the trunk in black? I also want the AWD emblem black but that seems less likely, might have to just remove it all together.
The Stinger shop has all that stuff buy there and support the site!! If you want the AWD black just remove it, paint it and stick’er back on.

ht_addict

Got the E badges for my front, and steering wheel. Also got the carbon fibre wheel covers. Will do the badges next week when it warms up.

cncBilly

1000 Posts Club!
North Vancouver
I rebadged, but to a different KIA logo on the front. I used the K900 badge that has a red hologram in the badge to go along with the colour of the car.

Here it is before I stuck it on, in comparison to the original.
View attachment 53475
I’m not really keen on stock badges but that is going to look pretty cool on your red Stinger. :thumbup:

Kris Kougl

Newish Member
So like others here, I'm cool with the Kia name will proudly tell folks it's a Kia Stinger GTS, but I just liked the look of the E badges more so I had those put on. Hood and all wheels are E badges. Only Kia left is on the steering wheel cuz I'm not a fan of the E badge overlays. Plus when I enter car shows it's fun to tell folks what the car is and that it's a Kia....then they look in the window and see the Kia on the steering wheel and say "my God it IS a Kia"

Attachments

• 20201010_090249.jpg
    20201010_090249.jpg
    402.1 KB · Views: 13

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW
So like others here, I'm cool with the Kia name will proudly tell folks it's a Kia Stinger GTS, but I just liked the look of the E badges more so I had those put on. Hood and all wheels are E badges. Only Kia left is on the steering wheel cuz I'm not a fan of the E badge overlays. Plus when I enter car shows it's fun to tell folks what the car is and that it's a Kia....then they look in the window and see the Kia on the steering wheel and say "my God it IS a Kia"
How do you find out what number your vehicle is out of "799"? And for that matter, how did you find out that there were 799 (the skuttlebutt said, a run of 800, with less than 500 being AWD)?

Lawrence Williams

Stinger Enthusiast
I plan on rebadging when I get my hands on one. We rebadged the Telluride to the K badge when we first got it as well. As a former BMW owner, no shame whatsoever in owning a Kia (Kia/Hyundai absolutely killing it lately), but the stock KIA logo is just so damn ugly to me.

I think it's just BLAH.....not goofy or wild just BLAH.....hence my move to the Sal Stinger package!

Kris Kougl

Newish Member
How do you find out what number your vehicle is out of "799"? And for that matter, how did you find out that there were 799 (the skuttlebutt said, a run of 800, with less than 500 being AWD)?
I had to contact Kia Corporate. More than a couple times as the first couple employees I spoke with didn't have the skill, knowledge, and /or desire to go the extra mile to find this out for me. But after several attempts I was successful in getting this info.

clemson85

South Carolina
I was coming home from the gym last week and a fellow in an older toyota followed me for a while until I came to a stop light. He then pulled up just in front and beside me and took a real long look at the front of my stinger. Then I realized he did not know what brand car I was in since it says Stinger on the back. He looked real surprised when he saw the KIA emblem on the hood. This is just one example of people rubbering necking at my car. Anyway a rebadge or overlay would have really left that fellow confused.