kia stinger store

Will/would/have you rebadge(d) your Stinger?

Will/would/have you rebadge(d) your Stinger?

• Yes. I have rebadged my Stinger, or likely will do so in the future

Votes: 305 83.6%
  • No. I have not rebadged my Stinger, nor am I likely to do so in the future

Votes: 60 16.4%

• Total voters

Down-Under_Bris

Simple binary poll.

Rebadging includes any changes to the appearance of the stock badges - replacing them, covering them, altering them in any way.
Yes I have, and done through the dealer so badges and workmanship are covered in the 7 year warranty. My reason for the change was purely based on my dislike of the badge design, the heavy black background of the Kia emblem is too aggressive against most of the colour options of what is otherwise a very good looking car. If the original badge was just a chrome outline or something similar, I would have kept it without issue. It is the design, features, value for money and Kia standing behind their quality with a 7 year warranty which made the choice between buying a Stinger or a European alternative an easy choice for me. Not to mention the dieselgate issue has has destroyed my trust in most of European competitors.

asleepingdog

Newish Member
Changed the front badge last week. The wheels and the steering wheel come next week. Like others have said before me, I'm proud of the fact it's a Kia, but I want people to judge the car on looks and performance and to not be disuaded by the name on the badge.

Attachments

• 20200815_132538.jpg
    20200815_132538.jpg
    198.5 KB · Views: 17

Flameangel

2500 Posts Club!
Geelong, Victoria
I'm in the minority - proud of the Kia badge, and I think the 'E' and 'K' badges look kinda silly.

Then again - I ain't making the car payments for those who make the change, so more power to you! Enjoy your car, your way. :)
The E and K badges are the " original badges " the Stinger comes out with for the KDM, Kia is just for imported stock.
That's why some people prefer the original look, nothing to do with being ashamed of the kia badge.
I have the K9 badge on the front or ' flying K ' as it's known, just preferred the K and K is the initial for Kia.
If you have the ' E ' badge you get too many questions :)

Transmetal

Not a fan of the E badges at all, not that big a fan of the Kia badge either but I ain't touching it. I like the constant "that's a Kia". I have a 2020 so the worst part, the Kia on the trunk lid has thankful been taken care of for me.

DCBStingerGT

1000 Posts Club!
Melbourne
I went with the classic round badge for the front of the car and the vintage K for the rest. I Don't have a problem with Driving a Kia but they really need to get better branding. View attachment 49041
Love your colour choice of Indigo, and the badge suits it really nice with the white in it, and the design, I am assuming your Indigo colour is the same as my Deep Chroma Blue here in Australia. Enjoy.

RogueIV

Love your colour choice of Indigo, and the badge suits it really nice with the white in it, and the design, I am assuming your Indigo colour is the same as my Deep Chroma Blue here in Australia. Enjoy.
Correct. "Indigo" is just the name of the package. The package includes is Deep Chroma Blue paint Limited slip rear diff, D-AWD (drift mode), 15speaker Harmon Kardon sound system, Alternate (type A) wheels, and alcantara headliner along with the brown interior.

The paint and interior color are currently only available with this package here in the states unlike overseas.

Itaix

Newish Member
As someone who isn't much of a car guy, I was able to change my badges out without many issues as long as you're taking your time. Just make sure you're using actual fishing line and not decorative fishing wire, that stuff snaps just by looking at it.

On a similar subject, does anyone know a good way to get of these KIA window decals? Not sure why they needed to slap 6 of these on my windows. View attachment 49315

Bogey

Ontario, Canada
Okay, they're an entirely different entity. :p That's not the forum store. HOWEVER! They're great and very well-respected in the "mod" community. So you're in good hands with them.

If/when you want the best STINGER steering wheel emblem, click the link below:

I finally got my wheel caps about 2 weeks ago. I just installed them today, Took a while to come in but the installation was easy. I think they look pretty good and now all my exterior badges match.

Attachments

• 20200822_150348.jpg
    20200822_150348.jpg
    219.6 KB · Views: 17
  • 20200822_150343.jpg
    20200822_150343.jpg
    242.2 KB · Views: 18
  • 20200822_151248.jpg
    20200822_151248.jpg
    277.3 KB · Views: 17
  • 20200822_151231.jpg
    20200822_151231.jpg
    359.8 KB · Views: 19

ShannonC

1000 Posts Club!
[QUOTE="Itaix, post: 302149,
On a similar subject, does anyone know a good way to get of these KIA window decals? Not sure why they needed to slap 6 of these on my windows. View attachment 49315
[/QUOTE]

Why do you want to own a Stinger that would look like it's fitted with non OEM glass?

Last edited:

RogueIV

As someone who isn't much of a car guy, I was able to change my badges out without many issues as long as you're taking your time. Just make sure you're using actual fishing line and not decorative fishing wire, that stuff snaps just by looking at it.

That's etched in there not a sticker or decal. Not really removable, mate.

Itaix

Newish Member
Why do you want to own a Stinger that would look like it's fitted with non OEM glass?

Not my intention, was just curious.

That's etched in there not a sticker or decal. Not really removable, mate.

Thanks, didn't think so but figured it was worth the ask. Will leave as is. :)

WearySky

Oakville, ON
Getting mine rebadged by the dealership (OEM E badges on front and wheels, big Stinger on the back replacing the stock Kia badge) before I even pick it up. Almost certainly paying more than I'd pay a body shop to do it, but this way if anything goes wrong (bad body work filling the holes on the trunk, or whatever) I can just bring it back to the dealership (and also rolled it into my 0% 84 month financing). Also ordered a Stinger steering wheel badge from the forum's store, but that probably won't arrive till a week or two after I get the car on Monday (coming from the US to Canada, currently in transit from Florida).

David789

Florida
When is Kia officially putting the new logo/badge on in the US? See attached. I will rebadge with that for sure. Mine is only a few months old anyway so I can wait. I think rebadging to the E or K is getting a bit stale and too common.

Attachments

• 57545DCA-7A14-4EC2-8EC3-B4067F0C9D33.jpeg
    57545DCA-7A14-4EC2-8EC3-B4067F0C9D33.jpeg
    68.3 KB · Views: 6