kia stinger store

Will my 2019 Stinger GT warranty be invalidated due to exceeding oil & filter change

Bullet

Newish Member
Hello,
I own a 2019 Kia Stinger GT with 19,000 miles on it. I messed up and went past the 18,000 miles oil & filter change interval (> 6,000 miles) so will my warranty be invalidated? Everything to this point has been serviced by the KIA dealership where I bought it. My wife usually drives it and I check the fluid levels but for some reason I totally missed the scheduled service and have to bring it in and see what they have to say. Has anybody ever ran in to this issue with their dealership? We have the extended warranty but if the dealership won't let me slide I guess I will have to get money back since I won't ever be able to use it.

Regards,
Bullet

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW
If you simply went 1K miles past the 18K miles oil change, that won't cause any harm at all. You could easily do that on a road trip. Nothing in the drivetrain warranty is going to fail by missing one oil change by a mere 1K miles. Now, if you brought it in late and your oil was low, that could be a different scenario.

5tinger

It's all relative really, despite what the dealers say. If your audio unit failed, no doubt the dealers will try to claim failure due to the engine oil, owever it wouldn't work.
On the other hand, if your piston bearing failed, then yeah they could blame the oil, even though oil may not have been the primary cause of failure.

D.J.

Stinger Enthusiast
Hello,
I own a 2019 Kia Stinger GT with 19,000 miles on it. I messed up and went past the 18,000 miles oil & filter change interval (> 6,000 miles)
No.

new kia badge emblem logo
The best place to buy Kia Stinger modifications is at KDM Warehouse dot com! The official store of Kia Stinger dot com...

GTdsz

Not a chance.

Fredman

Minnesota
I think especially if you are running synthetic you are fine. If it were me I would just change it again soon like in 1000 miles just to help purge any gunk build up -

D.J.

Stinger Enthusiast
I think especially if you are running synthetic you are fine. If it were me I would just change it again soon like in 1000 miles just to help purge any gunk build up -
Seriously?

That is completely unnecessary, and will have no bearing on the warranty, which is already unaffected.

Blksmk

Newish Member
I know I'm the new guy here, but I find this hilarious, this posts reminds me of a 16 year old with a 1000 $ car asking a question.

You could be 2000 miles over with no issues, I've run 5000 miles over in my semi just because of lack of time etc .. just do pretrips and check on things...

Yes I know not everyone has mechanical experience... but its just common sense which seem to be a rare thing to have .

Enjoy the car !

The best place to buy Kia Stinger modifications is at KDM Warehouse dot com! The official store of Kia Stinger dot com...

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW
There was that BMW in the YouTube mechanics' stories video a few days ago: it had 63K miles or more and the oil had never been changed: once cleaned and reassembled, the claim was that the engine "ran great!"

Bullet

Newish Member
If you simply went 1K miles past the 18K miles oil change, that won't cause any harm at all. You could easily do that on a road trip. Nothing in the drivetrain warranty is going to fail by missing one oil change by a mere 1K miles. Now, if you brought it in late and your oil was low, that could be a different scenario.

Thanks for your input

Bullet

Newish Member
It's all relative really, despite what the dealers say. If your audio unit failed, no doubt the dealers will try to claim failure due to the engine oil, owever it wouldn't work.
On the other hand, if your piston bearing failed, then yeah they could blame the oil, even though oil may not have been the primary cause of failure.

kia stinger badges
Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Stinger? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Bullet

Newish Member
Hello Fredman,

Thats a good idea.

Thanks,
Bullet