• In the 1980s and 1990s we used AOL and Usenet. In the 2000s there were forums and message boards. In the 2010s - and until the very near future - Facebook and Instagram. Something new is coming for Stinger drivers... Become an early adopter of what's next by SIGNING UP HERE. Your email address will not be sold or used in any way other than us communicating more details as we prepare for launch - and we will not communicate often.

why does KIA sleep on awful dealership experience?

jgrace

Newish Member
How can a company that builds such an exceptional vehicle be so tone deaf to what is going on in their name? Every time I speak with one of these "sales managers" on the phone, I just feel more and more infuriated with this process. They refuse to answer direct questions and tell you we will get sorted out when you come in. And I get the situation that the car industry is in right now. There aren't too many cars to go around. But what I don't understand is why KIA allows this go on unabated. If you have a pet rattlesnake, you don't just let it wander around your home to sink it's fangs into whoever happen to cross it's path.

As far as I'm concerned, the best thing KIA could do is stop selling cars through dealerships. If you advertise something like the lease special(attached image) you should be able to actually provide that deal offered. If you can't, don't waste my time by posting it on your national web site.
If KIA opened an online portal that allowed you to buy and lease cars online without having to go through a dealer, I would esign today. Seriously, show me the buy button and let me click it.

So disappointing. Really, why are dealers even needed.

Attachments

• IMG_0442.PNG
    IMG_0442.PNG
    453.9 KB · Views: 16

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW
Servicing the vehicles, for one. I had a perfectly satisfying dealership experience. Go somewhere else and try again, or don't.

RM7

Stinger Enthusiast
North
Yeah, it's the same issue with most brands: The dealer model. The fact that the "brand" isn't really the company you are buying the car from. The dealer is an independent company and Kia doesn't have enough control.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Stinger? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

WRXtoStingerGT

1000 Posts Club!
USA
I've been to 3 Kia service centers (one in NY and 2 in FL) and two were pretty bad and one was fine (FL).

I've been to 5 Kia dealerships to shop and test drive (all 5 in FL) and only one had a "professional" and "serious" feel to it. That was the one I purchased the car from.

I personally wouldn't expect much from Hyundai or Kia just like I wouldn't expect much from Ford, Chevrolet, VW, Nissan, etc. There are exceptions but I wouldn't hold my breath. :p

The best place to buy Kia Stinger modifications is at KDM Warehouse dot com! The official store of Kia Stinger dot com...

hayagix

I live in a smaller town with half a dozen dealerships. I'm sure kia outsells the rest by far. My experience with them has been stellar and I'm prone to dealership hate.

Michael Hespe

Durango, CO
My dealership service work is complete shit. One time I got the rotors re-surfaced and 35 miles were added to my car. They were doing other work too but I dropped it off first thing in the morning and got it back end of day for something that should take 3 hours MAX. Then the ticket they didn't even write the mileage out, they just kept it the same.

WRXtoStingerGT

1000 Posts Club!
USA
My dealership service work is complete shit. One time I got the rotors re-surfaced and 35 miles were added to my car. They were doing other work too but I dropped it off first thing in the morning and got it back end of day for something that should take 3 hours MAX. Then the ticket they didn't even write the mileage out, they just kept it the same.
This is exactly why I always take a time-stamped photograph and video of my odometer before dropping the car off and after picking it up. I also refuse to sign the paperwork if the "in" and "out" odometer mileage is not accurate. Can't trust these clowns... can't trust anyone...

SoCalStinger22

I was shopping different vehicles for the last month(previous car was totaled, horrible timing) and I can tell you that right now EVERY brand’s dealers are playing games. Since most have very few of the vehicles that people actually want, salespeople are being told to get every dollar possible out of each car. I saw an advertised deal on a loaded Honda Accord and called to see if it was available at the advertised price. Nobody would give me a firm price. Finally went down there and the actual price was $8,000 above the ad! I of course refused and they tried to put me into a little base civic, no thanks. Walked out. Some Kia dealers were playing similar games on the Stinger which was my first choice, but most only had one or two in stock. Finally decided to calculate out the payments based on MSRP with the 1.49% financing Kia is offering and after my down payment. I sent this as an offer to several dealer’s Internet Sales Managers and only one responded with a YES. Drove an hour and everything was exactly as promised. Might take some homework and negotiating, but good service and a fair deal can still be had these days.

stoopid

1000 Posts Club!
Las Vegas, NV
I'm a fan of using a local bank and/or credit union for financing, and the last two credit unions I worked with had a car sales team in house that can help find a vehicle and negotiate price. It might be worth pursuing as an alternative avenue to negotiating directly with the dealer. As far as I know their service was free of charge. [I did not take advantage or need the service, but would consider it in today's mildly hostile car buying environment]

The best place to buy Kia Stinger modifications is at KDM Warehouse dot com! The official store of Kia Stinger dot com...

Devin

Sustaining Member
Seattle-ish
Costco works too. They put together the offer letter. There is no haggling at all.