kia stinger store

Who's 2019 modded GT was this?

TenTwo

This car is for sale in Ohio and I'm curious if it belonged to a member here. Lots of mods including what looks like a SXTH piggy back tune, among several others.

Anyone have an idea what the blue hoses are all about?

ChaneRZ

1000 Posts Club!
Bay Area, California
Didn’t even part the parts out.

TenTwo

Didn’t even part the parts out.
Right? What I can identify...
Aftermarket intakes.
Strut supports or whatever those are called over the intakes.
Aftermarket rims.
Coil overs (I think)
Some type of exhaust work (sound)
Akrapvic tips.
SXTH tuner.
Window tint.
The cool GT thing in the engine bay.
The hoses are for???

Deviate

Venice, Florida
OCC with hose wraps is what it looks like

TenTwo

TenTwo

And on the website it listed this... Looks like most questions answered:

AEM Intakes, SXTH Element HFC Primary Downpipes, SXTH Element Catless Midpipes, Borla Catback, SXTH Element Piggyback & ECU Tuned, SXTH Element Dual Oil Catch Cans, Gecko Coils, Eibach Front/Rear Sways, Whiteline Endlinks, CF Decklid Spoiler

ChaneRZ

1000 Posts Club!
Bay Area, California
How much is the asking price?

Deviate

Venice, Florida
And driven softly

TenTwo

TenTwo

I found the owner! He claims he took very good care of it on this post:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210722-060945_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20210722-060945_Facebook.jpg
    167.9 KB · Views: 21

TenTwo

Only $3k below MSRP. Someone will have to be mildly-stupid to buy that molested car with those miles for that price.
What would you think a good price would be?

TenTwo

For me? There's no good price for such a car--I'd never buy it.
I ended up talking to the guy that owned it and says he never took it to the 1/4 mile track or drove it in the winter. I got warm fuzzies about the vehicle based on his situation and what he told me about it. I see what you're saying though, there's considerable risk with a vehicle like this.

Last edited:

ChaneRZ

1000 Posts Club!
Bay Area, California
I would never buy moded cars. He’s probably selling it because it is starting to break down lol.

Kamauxx

5000 Posts Club!
I ended up talking to the guy that owned it and says he never took it to the 1/4 mile track or drove it in the winter. I got warm fuzzies about the vehicle based on his situation and what he told me about it. I see what you're saying though, there's considerable risk with a vehicle like this.

Maybe it hasn't seen a track but I'd bet it's been ragged out plenty. Don't need to take a car to a track to abuse it. Certainly most abuse happens on the streets.

And like Chane mentioned, it's probably having issues with it. He laughed but there's been a few occasions here where people have purchased used Stingers and had serious mechanical issues only to later find out they were modded by the previous owner.

ChaneRZ

1000 Posts Club!
Bay Area, California
Never took that at the track but been on street races a lot. Mostly Mexico streets as they say haha.

TenTwo

They had a baby and wanted a bigger vehicle and smaller payment. He's active on Stinger FB pages, none of the posts were "hey I'm having this problem". I'm struggling because it's low miles and has a lot of quality work that I would want to do already done. If it's as advertised seems like a potential win. Kia transfers warranties up to 5year/60K which also factors in my thought process.

TenTwo

I just don't know why he'd lie now that he has no skin in the game. Y'all make strong points so I have to think on it more.

Kamauxx

5000 Posts Club!
I'm not saying he's lying. But his definition of abusing a car may be drastically different than yours or mine. Just something to consider.