Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Which Synthetic Oil Will You Be Running On In Your 3.3TT?

Discussion in 'Engine, Drivetrain, and Exhaust Discussion' started by Kazz, Mar 3, 2018.

1. Kazz

Kazz United States 1000 Posts Club!

Oil change upcoming and all I know is that I'm bringing my own.

Go!

2. mldavis2

mldavis2 United States 1000 Posts Club!

Manual says it must meet GF-4 rating. I've used Mobil 1 5W-30 on both of my GM small blocks in the GTO and G8. Mobil 1 is GF-5 rated, so I'm sticking with it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. StungBlueGT2

StungBlueGT2 United States Active Member

Mobile 1 is the best hands down and the only oil I put in my cars. Most high end performance cars and many race cars use and swear by Mobile 1.:thumbup:

4. Kazz

I've used Mobile 1 in NA and FI cars with no complaints. Happy to listen to everyone else's preferred option and why! Thanks, guys!

5. eflyguy

eflyguy United States Stinger Enthusiast Staff Member Moderator

Mobil 1, from Costco when on sale (I buy in advance as it works out to less than $5/qt)..

6. bugaboo90

bugaboo90 United States Active Member

My dealership gives free life time oil change. I assume they will use the correct oil?

7. Kazz

Yes, they will use the "correct" oil. I'm just looking for above average. Plus, my dealership charges a LOT for their synthetic oil. I know to bring my own.

• Like Like x 1
  8. bugaboo90

Is free oil change a standard thing with all kia dealerships?

9. Euljiro1ga

Euljiro1ga Active Member

I want to find out what Kia uses first, then i'll decide. My usual go to is also Mobil 1 extended performance. Lately, many people have been recommending Royal Purple oil to me, but can't really get that in Korea.

Anyone planning to add some oil additives?

10. Kazz

I'm not sure what you're asking. My oil changes at the dealership aren't free. Sometimes you can get the dealership to throw in a couple of free ones during the sales negotating porcess, though. LOL

11. Luminary

Luminary United States Active Member Staff Member Moderator Sustaining Member +

Just had my oil changed last week for the first time, though I am a 2.0t and the dealership used Mobil 1 5W-30. I had requested full synthetic.

• Like Like x 1
  12. weew

weew Canada Member

My dealer basically gave me "free" oil changes for life, that is, i just have to pay the difference between regular and synthetic. The upcharge is pretty much the same price as if i bought synthetic oil on sale on my own, so I'll just go with the dealer.

I kinda miss tinkering with my car, but it is pretty convenient and technically cheaper.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Andyb

Andyb Singapore Newish Member

I only use 100% Synthetic oil ACEA A5 for the 3.3TT (Group 4 oil Syn based) Motul is the brand I use but you can use any other brand that is 100% Synthetic , don't be fooled Fully Synthetic as it is Group 3 oil (mineral base) with some synthetic additives pay a few bucks more and put in 100% Syn (must say 100% Synthetic) other not the real deal... why does this matter?? Apart from the obvious advantages of less wear, it also does not break down anywhere as easily as organic mineral oils ..for a direct injected high performance car that is a big deal... less carbon build up on the back of valves and turbo's meaning you car will not slowly but surely loose power /performance over time or at least minimize it. Oils are not oils! and if you care about maintaining your performance in a high performance car..then pay a few extra bucks..if you don't care then run with the factory stuff. My dealer agrees and is happy to put in the oil I purchase and deduct the from my normal oil service every 10k's.

Happy motoring

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. bugaboo90

• Like Like x 2
  15. eflyguy

eflyguy United States Stinger Enthusiast Staff Member Moderator

Mobil 1 is the standard in virtually every form of automobile racing. Royal Purple is not better, or worse. Amsoil is about the same, but over-priced as it is sold thru a multi-level marketing (pyramid) scheme (like Herbalife, MaryKay, etc.) The defining factor is going to be how dirty it gets, how much blow-by gets picked up between changes. As a turbo, and with our average daily trip being relatively short, it's generally recommended to follow the "severe" service schedule, so the extended life of different synthetics doesn't really buy you much. Virtually any full synthetic will be fine, I use Mobil1 because it goes on sale regularly at my local warehouse store, and change my own oil, so I can get a Mobil1 service for a few $$ more than a gallon of WalMart's finest..

16. Jerry

Jerry United States Newish Member

Liqui Moly Special Tec for sure I had that in my 65 Camero before my 14 Elantra

17. Luminary

65 Camero?

18. Jerry

*camaro my bad I was typing this half asleep sorry

19. Luminary

I was actually referring to the year. The Camaro came out in 1967 unless they hid a few early years I did not know about. :)

20. Jerry

Funny you said that I found one in the junkyard without engine or anything and the guy that own the junkyard said 65 which I don't really believe. Until I take the vin to the DMV and there you go a 65 indeed.

Draft saved Draft deleted