Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Where are the front parking sensors?

Discussion in 'Kia Stinger Exterior Discussion' started by Bill Mandelman, Dec 29, 2017.

1. Bill Mandelman

Bill Mandelman Canada New Member

Does anyone know why the Canadian version of the Stinger does not have front parking sensors, only rear?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Kia Stinger

Kia Stinger United States Administrator Staff Member

Hi Bill. Sorry for the terrible picture but I'm not at my main computer right now. I tried to point out a few of the front parking sensors...

stinger parking sensors.jpg

• Old Old x 1
  3. ralzod

ralzod United States Active Member

NoVA
    Didn't you guys get the 360 camera instead, or is that only on some trim levels for you?

4. Bill Mandelman

Bill Mandelman Canada New Member

Yes, the Canadian version does have the 360 camera on the GT Limited only.

5. Kia Stinger

Kia Stinger United States Administrator Staff Member

Oops. You weren't actually asking WHERE they were. :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. MelbourneStinger

MelbourneStinger United States Active Member

Are you saying that all Canadian Stingers do not have front parking sensors ?

Well, i had a look at the Kia Canada website, i did not see anything about front parking sensors, not even on the GT Limited, i am shocked that a car in this price range, even the pictures of the Stinger in different colours do not seem to show front sensors ?

Last edited: Dec 29, 2017
  7. I’m sure I’ve had the car beep on me when parking... maybe it uses the cruise radar? I’ve been away on holidays and want to get back home and drive her!

• Like Like x 1
  8. tofu

tofu Canada Active Member

You're right, it actually doesn't. It does beep when there's things in front though, so it might be using the radar like Mikey said.

9. Jeffrey

Jeffrey Canada New Member

I just found that out too. Thats crazy why they don't have for such an expensive car

10. The GT Ltd doesn’t really need front parking sensors because it has the 360 degrees camera. But
    I agree that the other trim levels should at least offer front sensors. I’ve never heard mine beep when parking forwards, only beeps when the front collision avoidance becomes activated

11. ScottE

ScottE Member

I'd much rather have the 360 camera than the sensors, personally. One of very few things I miss from my Optima...

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. SteveCo

SteveCo Canada Active Member

Love the 360 camera views - I'm in the habit now of switching them on whenever I am parking. It took some time to fine tune, but I'm getting pretty good at determining exactly where the front and back of the car is in relation to the image on the monitor. Certainly helps to avoid curb rash as well, to see exactly where the sidewall of the tires are in relation to the curb.

13. voon

voon France Stinger Enthusiast

I got both ... sensors and 360 cam?

• Like Like x 1
  14. Lucky!

Draft saved Draft deleted