Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

When Up is Both Up and Sometime Down

Discussion in 'Kia Stinger Technology Discussion' started by PMB, Mar 15, 2019.

1. PMB

PMB Canada Member

Model: 2019 GT Ltd (Canada)

This is an issue with the track/preset skip/next button on the steering wheel

When the HU is on any screen other than the radio screen, pressing UP on the steering wheel button goes through radio presets in this order P1->P2->P3->etc.

When the HU is displaying the radio screen and the presets are visible on screen, pressing UP on the steering wheel button goes through the presets in the order P4->P3->P2->etc.

This is so goddam annoying. For the first 6mo I owned this car, I couldn't figure out why I was always changing the station in the wrong direction, I thought I was having brain issues.

2. brancky3

brancky3 United States Stinger Enthusiast

Can confirm, I'd like to throw my HU in a fire sometimes when this happens

3. ScottE

ScottE Active Member

It's normal - and not a Stinger thing, any Kia does this. It's an intentional design.

4. MerlintheMad

MerlintheMad United States 5000 Posts Club!

As I only listen to ONE radio station (about once a month if that), I have no idea what you're on about! :p

5. brancky3

brancky3 United States Stinger Enthusiast

I wouldn't call it normal just because multiple Kia models do it. It's a stupid design, sure, but it's not 'normal' unless multiple manufacturers do the same thing. I can see why they did it given how the infotainment is setup, but I can still be mad about it.

6. LegacyGTv2.0

LegacyGTv2.0 United States Newish Member

It sort of makes sense in a backwards "we didn't really think about the UI" way.
    When the HU is displaying a list up moves up on the list.
    When you're on Nav up goes to the a higher number, again makes sense.
    The problem is that lists are sorted with increasing going down on the display, so it's constantly flipping the direction.o_O

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Sasben

Sasben United States Member

I knew exactly what this post would be about just by the subject :)

• Like Like x 1
Draft saved Draft deleted