1. We're having a vote for the location of our upcoming KIA Stinger dot com StingerFest. Please CLICK HERE to cast your vote!
Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Wheel Spacers

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels, Tires Discussion' started by SKStinger, Dec 18, 2018.

1. SKStinger

SKStinger Canada Stinger Enthusiast

Anyone running a 5mm wheel spacer?

I’m thinking of adding a set to the front wheels as after lowering the car the fronts are not quite flush.

I’m on aftermarket wheels 19x8.5 +35 up front.

I think there will be enough stud to accommodate 5mm but would like to get some feedback before I buy a set of spacers.

2. brancky3

brancky3 United States Stinger Enthusiast

• Like Like x 1
  3. SKStinger

Thanks! I remember that thread but was obviously distracted by the photos and missed the spacer explanation.

4. GOGT2

GOGT2 United States New Member

I just got a 2019 GT2 this past weekend and loving it. I'm looking to see if anyone has installed spacers on stock 19" stinger wheels to see what the ideal spacer size might be.

5. SKStinger

The catch is that you have a small amount of thread on the studs to work with. I am running a 5 mm spacer. I don’t think I’d want to go much wider. 8mm might be about it as any wider and you won’t get a good 4 to 5 rotations of the nut on the stud.

6. niko

niko United States Active Member

i am running 5mm with 20x9 in the front. i believe if u go bigger than 10 mm u need to run extended lug nuts as well.

7. STINGER

STINGER Bahrain Stinger Enthusiast

I am running 5mm upfront currently, I went up to 10mm for a while and thats the max I would go.

Make sure you get hub centric spacers that match up to your wheels center bore size.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Manaz

Manaz Australia Active Member

Just for anyone following in Australia - spacers are not road legal here for safety reasons (largely because numb-nuts could run thick spacers and not have enough wheel stud thread available to safely secure their wheels - so we have a blanket ban (unless they were a factory-fitted option as they are/were on some Porsches).

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. SKStinger

Wow. How is that ban enforced and what is the fine? Spacers are fairly hard to spot so when would they be noticed?

10. Manaz

Probably not a lot of pro-active enforcement - but it is a condition of most car insurance policies to maintain a car in a roadworthy state, and if they find spacers, that can be used to invalidate a policy (this is different to them needing to prove a mod caused an incident).

11. GOGT2

GOGT2 United States New Member

Thank you for the great tips! Would any of you gents be able to post some pics of the 5mm effect? Did 5mm fill out the wheel well?

12. SKStinger

I’m running a wider wheel with more aggressive offset But this might help you. 19x8.5 +35

Attached Files:

13. STINGER

STINGER Bahrain Stinger Enthusiast

It will be difficult to compare because you have aftermarket wheels.

FYI, the Stinger uses 67.1mm hubs center. You have to find out the bore size on your wheel to get the right wheel spacer. Ex. If your wheel uses 72mm bore, then you will need a 5mm thickness 67.1mm to 72mm spacer.

14. Manaz

Good point - don't be tempted to use spacers that are not hub-centric (ie that have a "lip" for the wheel to mount onto, as that lip is used to centre the wheel on the hub.

Draft saved Draft deleted