kia stinger store

What is this for?

Aarvix

Stinger Enthusiast
North TX
The little steering wheel in the icon means assist (ie: car helps steer for you).

No steering wheel in the icon means departure warning (beeps, but no automatic steering)

cegan00

The little steering wheel in the icon means assist (ie: car helps steer for you).

No steering wheel in the icon means departure warning (beeps, but no automatic steering)
Thanks @Aarvix. That can’t be too safe? Won’t the car register if you take your hands off the steering wheel?

SafetyPilotCal

??

Lane-keep Assist nudges the car back to the center of the lane if you drift too far. If you don't add inputs every x seconds or so/distance travelled (not entirely sure how the logic works), it warns you to put your hands back on the wheel. If you still don't, it deactivates the Assist feature altogether.

Lane Departure Warning beeps at you if you get too close/cross a line on the road.

Neither of these are "unsafe", I'm not sure how it would be any less safe than a car that has neither of these features.

ShannonC

1000 Posts Club!
Thanks @Aarvix. That can’t be too safe? Won’t the car register if you take your hands off the steering wheel?
System will start warning beeps and disengage if you don't touch steering wheel after a short time.

cegan00

??

Lane-keep Assist nudges the car back to the center of the lane if you drift too far. If you don't add inputs every x seconds or so/distance travelled (not entirely sure how the logic works), it warns you to put your hands back on the wheel. If you still don't, it deactivates the Assist feature altogether.

Lane Departure Warning beeps at you if you get too close/cross a line on the road.

Neither of these are "unsafe", I'm not sure how it would be any less safe than a car that has neither of these features.
Thanks. My current car has lane departure, so I am aware of how that works. Just wasn’t sure about the car steering for you with the other.

Aarvix

Stinger Enthusiast
North TX
It's not like tesla's autopilot, it's just a nudge. It can follow gentle curves, but nothing even remotely sharp. It will also fight you if you don't signal a lane change.

I only use it when I'm feeling exceptionally lazy and just want to get from A to B without "driving" the car.

Definitely not dangerous under normal conditions. Although if you're hooning around I would turn it off, because you don't want the car to fight you at high speeds if you don't signal a lane change.

cegan00

It's not like tesla's autopilot, it's just a nudge. It can follow gentle curves, but nothing even remotely sharp. It will also fight you if you don't signal a lane change.

I only use it when I'm feeling exceptionally lazy and just want to get from A to B without "driving" the car.

Definitely not dangerous under normal conditions. Although if you're hooning around I would turn it off, because you don't want the car to fight you at high speeds if you don't signal a lane change.
Thanks @Aarvix. I haven’t got my car yet. It was a question asked on the Aussie forum and I thought someone here might have the answer.