Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

What is needed, what is suggested for JB4?

Discussion in 'Burger Tuning JB4 Support' started by TimT, Feb 15, 2020.

1. TimT

TimT Estonia Member

Hi

So i've been trying to research JB4 and fully understand what is NEEDED and what is SUGGESTED when running beyond map 1, for example for map 2. I've seen people change their intercoolers, intakes etc but are they all NEEDED if I want to stick to map 2 for daily driving? Or is a set of changed spark plugs, gapped properly, good enough? What is the realistic horsepower jump for a JB4 with spark plugs running map 2?
    Is there also a noticeable performance boost for map 2 if in addition to spark plugs, other things such as intakes / intercooler are changed or is it just a long term reliability boost for the car?

I have a feeling that some (if not most) of these questions are something that most people looking at JB4 run into so I figured I might aswell make it into a topic.

//for gasoline reference regarding potential boost, I use 98 octane fulltime, Europe does not have below 95 (Which has bioadditives due to emission regulations so like equilavent of 91 in US)

Last edited: Feb 15, 2020
  2. Terry@BMS

Terry@BMS United States 1000 Posts Club! Authorized Vendor

3. TimT

TimT Estonia Member

So essentially map 2 could be fine to use with just a spark plug change and extra work reliability would be from intakes? What is the difference between changing the gap on plugs and changing them all together? Denso ones (or something amongst that) are just better for performance and long-term reliability compared to OEM?

4. Terry@BMS

Terry@BMS United States 1000 Posts Club! Authorized Vendor

5. VicV8

VicV8 United States Newish Member

Had my JB4 and Denso plugs installed and within 24 hours have a check engine light and JB4 app is giving code 0113. Any insight? Car started to run really rough and jerky and would no longer go so I luckily made it to a gas station. Car still turns on but shuts down after a minute or with a jerky start. Towed to the shop and will have them uninstall and hopfelly the problem can be fixed.

Draft saved Draft deleted
Tags: