Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

What downpipes, cat or no cat

Discussion in 'Engine, Drivetrain, and Exhaust Discussion' started by Johnny, Jun 5, 2018.

1. Johnny

Johnny Australia Newish Member

Looking at the ARK cat back exhaust matched up with Johnny Tig CAI and maybe the intercooler also but not yet sure on that one. Bastuck downpipes with high flow cat are available here, but I see Jun has downpipes also with no cat. Any thoughts on best way to go? Car has to be legal so don’t know if the Jun ones will be legal here in AUS. This will be matched up with a Tork ecu tune.

2. Terra

Terra Australia Active Member

The Jun has no cats so there goes your legal car.

I would go the Bastuck We're are they available in Oz?

3. Simon

Simon Australia Newish Member

Call Sam ‭0408 207 665‬ he is based in Sydney. Does twin 3” cat back. Also has secondary cat delete as option. Best sound I’ve heard. No drone also.

Attached Files:

4. Johnny

Ramspeed are Australian distributor. Been speaking to Daniel there who had already done 1 Stinger I think. They also do the full Bastuck system.

5. robz32

robz32 United States Stinger Enthusiast Staff Member Moderator

I would go with the Bastuck down pipes with HFC. If you can and if available in AUS, you could also go with the Bastuck cat-back with EVC. That way you will retain some of the comfort of a quite exhaust and when need you can open the valve and the fun times roll. Not to mention that IMHO the Bastuck sounds much better than the ARK.

6. Terra

Terra Australia Active Member

Do Ramspeed have a complete system? Did you talk price?

7. Ads

Ads Australia New Member

It is my understanding that any system with EVC is illigal as per EPA unless its factory option (usually means only opens on certain rpm)

8. Johnny

Daniel from Ramspeed didn’t quote price but can get anything Bastuck as he is the Oz dealer. He did mention they did full system on stinger not long ago.

9. robz32

robz32 United States Stinger Enthusiast Staff Member Moderator

@Johnny any videos or sound clips of that install?

Draft saved Draft deleted