1. PLEASE! It is VERY important that this area is not used for the discussion of technical issues with your Stinger. This section is for posting about regional-specific things like Stinger clubs, events, local vendor or dealer recommendations, KiaStinger.com member sightings, etcetera... In other words, I do NOT want people to need to scour through several different sections to find answers about their heads up display. That's why there's a section dedicated specifically to discussions like that. THANK YOU!
Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

What did you do to your Stinger in Australia today?

Discussion in 'Stingers Down Under' started by Ozstung, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Ozstung

Ozstung Australia 2500 Posts Club! Sustaining Member

Had the third LED tail light installed today.
    The OE remains and is non functional. I did have it removed but it then shows a gap in the rear window tint. So opted for it to be redunant.

Now I've have to say the quality of the finish is abhorrent, although i In expected it out of the box under room lighting I didn't pick up the shocking swirls and one big blemish. The auto electrician pointed it out and said under bright sun light it's more visible.

The light operates as a tail light and brake light no complaints there, thankfully the electrician did the install he said the three wires were not colour coordinated and he had to thread them through the rubber and down through a grommet. Not something I could have done. 20190109_161953.jpg 20190109_162030.jpg 20190109_162046.jpg 20190109_162055.jpg 20190109_163017.jpg 20190109_163023.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  2. Ozstung

Had the third LED tail light installed today.
    The OE remains and is non functional. I did have it removed but it then shows a gap in the rear window tint. So opted for it to be redunant.

Now I've have to say the quality of the finish is abhorrent, although i In expected it out of the box under room lighting I didn't pick up the shocking swirls and one big blemish. The auto electrician pointed it out and said under bright sun light it's more visible.

The light operates as a tail light and brake light no complaints there, thankfully the electrician did the install he said the three wires were not colour coordinated and he had to thread them through the rubber and down through a grommet. Not something I could have done. View attachment 17883 View attachment 17884 View attachment 17885 View attachment 17886 View attachment 17887 View attachment 17888

• Like Like x 1
  3. AV8R

AV8R Australia 5000 Posts Club! Staff Member Authorized Vendor Moderator

4. Stinger GT SS

Stinger GT SS Australia 2500 Posts Club!

Looks good from the rear, wait till its dark & take a rear night shot please.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Stinger GT SS

Why is there 2 threads the same?

6. Coast GT

Coast GT Australia Stinger Enthusiast

Looks ok from the back, shame about the swirls. Have you contacted the seller and given them a rocket?

I thought for a second that he had to cut your side rubber to get the cable in but just checked on mine, there’s a gap there but mine doesn’t sit high like yours as it runs down the side of the glass.

I just wish someone would come up with a light fitting to use the ridiculous big red plastic strip between the tail lights as an additional brake light. Seems such a waste to have it there, it’s not exactly reflective.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. OliverNuther

OliverNuther Australia 1000 Posts Club!

Maybe so we can deface one of them without copping flak for it? Leave the other one pristine for the rest of the world?

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  8. Stinger GT SS

Yes but you are safe here in Down Under Section...cobber.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Coast GT

Maybe @Ozstung started a new one just for us, or maybe we’ve been banished from the other one because not everyone appreciates our humour or opinions but I doubt it’s that sinister lol

10. OliverNuther

OliverNuther Australia 1000 Posts Club!

Bewdy mate.

11. GBgb

GBgb Australia Member

Just what I was thinking. It cries out for something to be in there doesn't it?

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Coast GT

Had mine back at the dealership today to get the rear window tint redone. After almost 6 months it began to peel slightly at the top of the window. Turns out when they fitted it they stuck it to the plastic at the top of the window instead of cutting it off at the end of the glass. I thought they’d just cut the bit that was lifted but looks like they took the entire thing off and replaced it. Also had to reapply the leather protection to the door panels as it had left a distinct line when it absorbed into the leather. Not a massive thing, just the way leather is sometimes.

13. Flameangel

Flameangel Australia 1000 Posts Club!

I saw a thread where one of the guys filmed having the sequential reflector lights installed and he had a red light strip between the tail lights or maybe above them.

14. Ozstung

Geez I spoil you lot two threads, 1 just in case:D. To be honest I'm surprised now it didn't appear 4 or 5 times! It kept prompting me as if I hadn't posted it. I kept slamming the bugger until went:laugh::laugh:.

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. Ozstung

20190109_163419.jpg Also did the side mirrors, I took photos but the reflections was to vivid it just reflected back with a giant photo of my big melon lol.

• Like Like x 2
  16. AV8R

17. Flameangel

Flameangel Australia 1000 Posts Club!

your'e not too bad yourself :thumbup:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. AV8R

19. Ozstung