What did you do to your Kia Stinger today?

StingerbyAdoom

1000 Posts Club!
A little disappointing. I only got to make three runs, but I did improve. My previous best was 12.366 and I ran a 12.309.
There were a LOT of cars, probably about 100 last night. Then a ricer blew his motor halfway down the track and shut the whole thing down for over an hour while they cleaned it up.
I tried one final run on map 5 since my map 4 timing corrections were mostly 0, but for some reason, on the launch, it bogged down. I looked at my jb4 log and even though it built boost at launch, as soon as I launched, although my pedal was at 100%, the throttle went from 76 to 24, RPM's dropped and no boost. It built back up, but by then I had already lost a ton of time. Weird. Couldn't get another run after that.
Will try again in a couple weeks.
I see in your signature you have a Lozic TCU but LC off? does that mean you have the safety's still on? cuz that's the same kind of bogging down that I have experienced with my tork TCU triggering the safety's.

rpoffen

Stinger Enthusiast
California
I see in your signature you have a Lozic TCU but LC off? does that mean you have the safety's still on? cuz that's the same kind of bogging down that I have experienced with my tork TCU triggering the safety's.
By LC off, it is supposed to have the launch control torque limits off.
My launches in map 4 were good, it usually launches at 2800 RPM or so.

StingerbyAdoom

1000 Posts Club!
By LC off, it is supposed to have the launch control torque limits off.
My launches in map 4 were good, it usually launches at 2800 RPM or so.
Do you have a log of the run it bogged down on? id love to take a look at it.

StingerbyAdoom

1000 Posts Club!
Installed my Lozic TCU last night.... wow. the shifts are so much quicker than my Tork TCU. I guess that makes sense tough considering I spent around 300 USD total on my tork Tune, which included sourcing an extra TCU with matching numbers, compared to the 900 I spent on the lozic TCU

The best place to buy Kia Stinger modifications is at KDM Warehouse dot com! The official store of Kia Stinger dot com...

Smilieboy

Newish Member
Took the last two days and clean up the car and installed the new phone mount. Sticks out more than I thought it would but it works and seems solid.

Attachments

• Clean stinger.jpg
    Clean stinger.jpg
    286.5 KB · Views: 23
  • stinger new mount.jpg
    stinger new mount.jpg
    188 KB · Views: 24

StingertimeNC

1000 Posts Club!
NC
Went in for an alignment and oil change (yesterday) and discovered an oil leak. Bad news!! But, on the bright side, it's just leaking from the seal where the oil filter housing mates up to the oil cooler. The oil filter housing is plastic of course, so I just ordered a new one on Kiaparts.com, which comes with the gaskets. Part was about $90 including shipping. I'll let my mechanic install it and then do the oil change. Alignment went well at least!

Side note, I'm sure it's under warranty, but I'm not going to the dealer for a $200 job!

D.J.

1000 Posts Club!
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Side note, I'm sure it's under warranty, but I'm not going to the dealer for a $200 job!
I feel ya..

It sucks that our dealer "experience" is what it is...

StingertimeNC

1000 Posts Club!
NC
To be fair, I’ve never given the dealer a shot, but have dealt with them for our other Kia. They were ok, but still worries me. Plus the car is modded to hell, LOL.

Installed my Lozic TCU last night.... wow. the shifts are so much quicker than my Tork TCU. I guess that makes sense tough considering I spent around 300 USD total on my tork Tune, which included sourcing an extra TCU with matching numbers, compared to the 900 I spent on the lozic TCU
I see in your signature block you list a Lozic ECU and a JB4. Are you running both still? I’m considering the Lozic TCU and the JB4 combination. How significant is the difference running the Lozic ECU TCU combination vs the Lozic TCU JB4 combination?

The best place to buy Kia Stinger modifications is at KDM Warehouse dot com! The official store of Kia Stinger dot com...

StingerbyAdoom

1000 Posts Club!
I see in your signature block you list a Lozic ECU and a JB4. Are you running both still? I’m considering the Lozic TCU and the JB4 combination. How significant is the difference running the Lozic ECU TCU combination vs the Lozic TCU JB4 combination?
I just got the lozic TCU so I cant comment on how it was with just the JB4, but I can comment that a TCU tune will make a world of difference even with no other mods, because you can launch with boost. Worth it imo. I love the way it feels and drives and am not sure if I could go back to a stock stinger haha

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Stinger? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Transmetal

Stinger Enthusiast

n8hegr8

Stinger Enthusiast
I'm not even at 15k yet and my is a 2020.
no way! how is that, you must never drive it OBVIously lol i feel like i hardly drive mine, just to work and home, no trips. im definitely under my lease allowance.

Transmetal

Stinger Enthusiast
no way! how is that, you must never drive it OBVIously lol i feel like i hardly drive mine, just to work and home, no trips. im definitely under my lease allowance.
It's my daily driver. Although we do have 3 other cars. My wife has a 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee with not even 30k on it. Was also her daily until COVID then she was required to work from home. She goes into work now about 2 days per week, other days she's at home. Both our commutes are 10-15 minutes max in summer, winter obviously takes longer. Weekends I like to take out the Lightning for trips to Menards, running errands or if it's nice we'll just go driving for a while. Not much time left for that as winter is coming..........:(

Stinger GT SS

5000 Posts Club!
Sydney
Spring is in the air

248E20B3-764B-4E46-91F4-BCF1DC18C056.jpeg