kia stinger store

Welcome Light Software Update

Killa200

SA331

Attachments

• TSB ELE142 - Headlamp Welcome Blink Operation - ICU Logic Improvement (CK) SA331(1).pdf
    880.7 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:

MrSting

So, just so I am clear - this is not an update to UVO Intelligence, right? Your head unit is still on the same software version? (And could you tell me what that version is?)

I really appreciate your help. I have a Canadian Stinger in the USA and I have major FOMO when it comes to updates. :D

Berzerker

So, just so I am clear - this is not an update to UVO Intelligence, right? Your head unit is still on the same software version? (And could you tell me what that version is?)

I really appreciate your help. I have a Canadian Stinger in the USA and I have major FOMO when it comes to updates. :D
It's not a UVO update, it's an ECU upgrade, which is the computer that runs all of the non-interior software like engine control and wipers, etc.

MrSting

It's not a UVO update, it's an ECU upgrade, which is the computer that runs all of the non-interior software like engine control and wipers, etc.
Is there a way for either me or the dealer to check the version? I heard they did perform a couple of TSBs on the car before it was delivered, but I want to make sure.

moinmoin

1000 Posts Club!
Ontario, Canada
It only pertains to cars manufactured during the period September 21 through December 15, 2017. All dealer stock that was manufactured during that period was required to receive the improved logic before delivery.
The VIN will tell the dealer whether the update to the ECU needs to be applied.
KIA wants to make ensure that the headlights flash upon touching the door handle(s) and opening the door(s).

MrSting

It only pertains to cars manufactured during the period September 21 through December 15, 2017. All dealer stock that was manufactured during that period was required to receive the improved logic before delivery.
The VIN will tell the dealer whether the update to the ECU needs to be applied.
KIA wants to make ensure that the headlights flash upon touching the door handle(s) and opening the door(s).
Yeah, my vehicle was manufactured in that range, so I'll double check with the dealer to be sure. Thank you!