Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

We placed an offer

Discussion in 'How to Buy a Kia Stinger' started by 4WDlifeform, Apr 22, 2018.

1. 4WDlifeform

4WDlifeform United States Member

Just wanted to welcome myself to the forum. My Wife and I are about to pay off her Turbo Malibu of 5 years. It was our first brand new car. It has truly been a great car, but out with the old, in with the new!

The Stinger grabbed our attention when we saw Steven Tyler driving it on a Superbowl commercial (wife is a HUGE Steven Tyler fan!) I have been researching and watching videos/reviews of it since. Pretty sweet offering by Kia!

We were doing some shopping this weekend at some local dealers and landed on a black GT1 with the red interior. The chosen dealership is offering $2,500 rebate from MSRP. They gave us a great offer for the trade ($3,500 over KBB), but that was where it ended. This guy was a true "wheeler-dealer", changing numbers around, throwing out offers... bit of a headache, but I guess its just part of the game. We have not seen the invoice price, nor did we explore any of the manufacturer discounts.

After some research on this forum and among the internet, we sent the salesman an email suggesting if they pull another $2,000 off the asking price, we would make the transaction. I think with the trade in offer and 4,500 off MSRP, that felt good. They are offering 0.9% financing on a 60mo term. Would love to hear thoughts as to whether this seems like a reasonable deal? I anticipate he will reach out tomorrow during business hours.

Looking forward to being part of the Stinger community! Cheers all!

2. Eugene Onegin

Eugene Onegin United States Active Member

Check you Credit Union if you belong to one , 60 months is too long to finance a car .I was also told to look into USAA car buying service .

Last edited: Apr 22, 2018
  3. phxgt

phxgt United States Active Member

You can pay it off faster with no penalty. Why not take the 0.9% and pay it off in two it there years?

4. 4WDlifeform

The 0.9% rate is nothing I am worried with, over the 5 years the total cost of the interest will be about $805. That is cheap money! I understand I could pay it off sooner, but it is a cheap loan, I'll probably ride it out.

I was more curious if the $3,500 over KBB on our trade, and $4,500 off the MSRP seems like a good deal? Or should I negotiate harder? Never bought a $50,000 vehicle before! I am sure there is quite a larger profit margin over a $30,000 car... ?? :-/

• Like Like x 3
  5. westcoastGT

westcoastGT 2500 Posts Club!

if you get the discount and the trade you will have achieved a fantastic deal . Many of is paid MSRP some well above ..................no dealing in the early days !!

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. 4WDlifeform

We picked her up yesterday! Got a fair deal, not nearly as good as the sales guy initially laid out the numbers, but still fair. We had a good trade which made the car affordable with little down. Here she is! GT1, AWD, Red interior. The Stinger is "her" car, the Camaro is mine :) She can keep up now!!

Well, I still can't post pictures... How many posts do I need before I can link a URL??

7. robz32

robz32 United States 1000 Posts Club! Staff Member Moderator

Congratulations!!!....the easiest way to post a picture is by uploading it to a hosting site like imgur.com and then posting the link here.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. 4WDlifeform

Yep, I use also use Imgur. I am a member on other forums, so I am familiar with the process. But on here I continue to get an error that says my post contains spam-like or inappropriate content.??

9. Mach_Tuck

Mach_Tuck United States Stinger Enthusiast

So what was final purchase price? Just curious

10. 4WDlifeform

Good question... I THINK it went down like this:

List price was 49,050
    They came down to 46,603
    Our trade black booked at 8,000
    I THINK they came up to 10,500 (I'd have to check that one..)
    We put 2,000 additional down
    We owed 1,010 on our trade
    Tax/Title/Fees... ???
    Ended up with 642/mo on a 66 month term, 1.9% finance.

I think we did "OK". My wife wanted the car so bad, we had to take it home. If it was just me, I'd have walked out and played these guys a little harder. We didn't NEED the car this quickly. But, it is what it is, and we like the car very very much so far!

I hope to post a picture soon..

• Like Like x 2
  11. Bosander

Bosander Belgium Member

congrats on the purchase!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Rufus

Rufus United States 1000 Posts Club!

Congrats on your new Stinger! :)

• Like Like x 1
  13. Ucinn

Ucinn United States Stinger Enthusiast

Congrats..the spam message is probably because of the Camaro ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. VetteNZMan

VetteNZMan United States Member

Sounds like a decent deal.
    Enjoy the ride!

15. 4WDlifeform

I can finally post pictures! It takes 10 posts apparently. I just posted these on the "What did you do to your Stinger" thread, but here she is just to close this loop:

[​IMG]

With the new badges:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
Draft saved Draft deleted