Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Vibration while backing?

Discussion in 'Engine, Drivetrain, and Exhaust Discussion' started by MekstingerGT, Dec 4, 2018.

1. MekstingerGT

MekstingerGT United States Active Member

Anybody notice a little vibration while backing up? Its louder when backing on an incline and happens when you press on the pedal. It doesnt do it when you put it on reverse and just let the car back up on own.

2. StungBlueGT2

StungBlueGT2 United States Stinger Enthusiast

Do you have a GT2 with the LSD (Limited Slip Differential)? I hate to say it but it might be the rear differential issue that has become more common lately. My Stinger was one of the first to have it completely replaced in the USA and many people in Australia have similar issues.

Try making a figure 8 or at least a tight u-turn while giving a little throttle. If it makes a whining noise, shutters, or you feel alot of drag its probably the LSD (Limited Slip Differential) and would take it to Kia Asap!

Heres a thread about it and i have a few posts in there describing my situation.
    Broken Differential

Hope you dont have the same issue and hope this helps

3. Terra

Terra Australia Active Member

Yes it sounds like the LSD (Limited Slip Differential) problem.

Contact the dealer and they should be replacing the diff oil.

4. MekstingerGT

MekstingerGT United States Active Member

Went throw all 4 pages of the thread. The symptoms might totally be different than mine. It's more vibration than sound. I also tried uturns and figure 8 no sound. I'm going to knock on would and hope it's normal. It's not crazy vibration and if it is it feels like its coming from the engine or transmission.

Draft saved Draft deleted