kia stinger store

[VENDOR][FS]: NEW ADD W1 Version 3.3 Baffled Dual Inlet Oil Catch Can - K8 Stinger Store

Paul @ K8 Stinger Store

Authorized Vendor
Raleigh, NC
K8_Stinger_Store_MAIN_-_PNG.png

Is proud to present to the Stinger community:

The ADD W1 Version 3.3 Baffled - Dual Inlet Oil Catch Can

(BUY NOW)

Description:
The first 2-in-1 baffled OCC with "Triple Twist" technology is now available! No need to run two different cans, the new ADD W1 V3.3 Baffled OCC's 3 port design (2 inlet ports) allows users to hook into both PCV and intake ports with just ONE can! This design is custom made specifically for the Kia Optima & Hyundai Sonata, but can be used on other vehicles as well!

Oil Catch can's catch the oil and moisture in the blow-by gas that causes carbon and sludge build-up in the intake system and engine. It's advanced design assures the best performance and keeps the engine clean even under hard driving conditions.

These ADD W1 V3.3 Catch Can's come with a beautiful exterior redesign over the previous V2 model, sporting a gloss black finish with customizable colored ring inserts. The new design comes with a twister baffled filter which provides the best in oil and moisture filtration by keeping the air longer! This ensures all the oil drops to the bottom of the can. The newly developed twister baffled filter is one of a kind and the only air filtration system on the market!

Easy to service. Highly recommended for tuned vehicles! Complete installation instructions coming SOON!

Features and Specifications:
ADD W1 V3.3 special engineered OCC
2-in-1 OCC w/ 3 port, 2 inlet system
Eliminates the need to run 2 separate catch cans
Revolutionary designed internal baffle "Triple Twister" chamber filter system
Closed loop system internal baffled Twister chamber filter Catch
Made from Lightweight 6061 Aircraft Aluminum
Fully customizable color insert rings available 8 different colors
Prolong and protect the life of your engine
Baffled interior for the best collection of oil
Available in
Red Black Blue Silver Gunmetal Purple Gold Green
Limited Lifetime warranty

Package Includes:
1x V3.3 Baffled Oil Catch Can
2x 9mm fitting
2x 15mm fitting
1x 15mm hose
Optima Specific Mounting Bracket & Screws
Internal baffle "TRIPLE Twister" chamber filter catch

Vehicle Applications:
All vehicles

GnQaFw8.jpg

qocu1Zr.jpg

uEr1M8L.jpg

LKonY0E.jpg

smZLk9E.jpg

HufjsMz.jpg

DG3JlX5.jpg

F2v54uB.jpg

e0OCrPF.jpg

glY0IfI.jpg

5G34lQV.jpg

THANK YOU FOR LOOKING!

txleo

Newish Member
Just got the dual can kit from K8 for my 2019 GT2. I ordered it Friday and had it all the way in Texas Monday morning. Amazing shipping!. Took all of about 45min to install. Everything was there in the kit and all went smooth. I have about 650 miles on the car and Im anxious to see what it catches. I was concerned about being able to get the cups off to drain the cans...but its no problem unless you have a big ole bear hands.

txleo

Newish Member
One more thing, the included bracket is the only way to go in my opinion. Some folks are suggesting mounting to the plastic beam. Im not sure thats a good idea...no thanks. I really think that is too flimsy and will cause problems later. The bracket is extremely secure and looks like it was meant to go there. Beautiful, clean setup.

Attachments

• 20181119_163349.jpg
    20181119_163349.jpg
    265.4 KB · Views: 44
  • 20181119_173948.jpg
    20181119_173948.jpg
    207.6 KB · Views: 46

Hawk853

The first thing I noticed when unpackaging was the hardware that comes with the kit is over 3/8” instead of M6x1.0.

Do yourself a favor and make sure you have the proper sized washers before installing.

I suggest picking up some plastic washers to take up the inner fender recess space at the upper stud and a thinner one at the lower stud to stop the bracket edge from gouging into the paint. (A concern of mine living in the NE with salt.)

Right out of the plastic bag the bracket I had some small scratches on the powder coat but not a big deal.

The dual inlet can is a good concept, but fails in this application. It’s possible to install with the Injen intakes, but may require extra modification to do so.

I’m not sure why they even include the photocopy of the install instructions, the images are barely discernible. Even the color PDF is of limited help.

I ended up not installing this and going with a twin can setup that will most likely work better. More expensive, but wish I had just done it right from the start.

I wasn’t able to do an exchange due to the K8 30 day return policy while awaiting install of other parts due to a warranty issue that Injen and K8 were very helpful with.

Edit: Dave did extend a discount if I wanted to purchase a Mishimoto from him.

Last edited:

RUFFSTUFF

Stinger Enthusiast
Jacksonville Area
I had no issues with mine, though I did upgrade some of the clamps (hoses directly connected to the can).

YMMV

Keigz

Orlando, FL
The first thing I noticed when unpackaging was the hardware that comes with the kit is over 3/8” instead of M6x1.0.

Do yourself a favor and make sure you have the proper sized washers before installing.

I suggest picking up some plastic washers to take up the inner fender recess space at the upper stud and a thinner one at the lower stud to stop the bracket edge from gouging into the paint. (A concern of mine living in the NE with salt.)

Right out of the plastic bag the bracket I had some small scratches on the powder coat but not a big deal.

The dual inlet can is a good concept, but fails in this application. It’s possible to install with the Injen intakes, but may require extra modification to do so.

I’m not sure why they even include the photocopy of the install instructions, the images are barely discernible. Even the color PDF is of limited help.

I ended up not installing this and going with a twin can setup that will most likely work better. More expensive, but wish I had just done it right from the start.

I wasn’t able to do an exchange due to the K8 30 day return policy while awaiting install of other parts due to a warranty issue that Injen and K8 were very helpful with.

Thanks for the honest review, it really helps knowing these kind of things before hand!!

Drudge

Connecticut

Appreciate the honest review.

budzique

Hello friends at K8, are you able to sell just the mount hardware? I still have my catch can from my optima

txleo

Newish Member
One more thing, the included bracket is the only way to go in my opinion. Some folks are suggesting mounting to the plastic beam. Im not sure thats a good idea...no thanks. I really think that is too flimsy and will cause problems later. The bracket is extremely secure and looks like it was meant to go there. Beautiful, clean setup.
Update on the catch cans..I now have about 21,000 miles on my 2019 GT2 AWD.. I change the oil with Mobile 1 every 6000 miles and check the cans. I catch about 1 ounce of oil every 6000 miles all out of one can. The one near the PCV valve. The other can has been always dry. Probably could have gone with a single can but the dual set up looks cool anyway under the hood. Even though it's only catching an ounce or so, it gives me a good feeling knowing that I'm not dumping that back into the top of the motor through the turbos. The car has been awesome with no problems. I haven't found a need to do any other mods to it because I don't track it or drive it hard. I Just open it up every once in a while to get a boner. Just a fast, fun, practical and amazing car with a lot of technology. People still stop me and ask " what the hell is that?"

K8 Stinger Store

Authorized Vendor
Update on the catch cans..I now have about 21,000 miles on my 2019 GT2 AWD.. I change the oil with Mobile 1 every 6000 miles and check the cans. I catch about 1 ounce of oil every 6000 miles all out of one can. The one near the PCV valve. The other can has been always dry. Probably could have gone with a single can but the dual set up looks cool anyway under the hood. Even though it's only catching an ounce or so, it gives me a good feeling knowing that I'm not dumping that back into the top of the motor through the turbos. The car has been awesome with no problems. I haven't found a need to do any other mods to it because I don't track it or drive it hard. I Just open it up every once in a while to get a boner. Just a fast, fun, practical and amazing car with a lot of technology. People still stop me and ask " what the hell is that?"
Thank you for this review, we greatly appreciate it. Although, this page you are commenting on is that V3.3 dual inlet can verses that Twin can set up that you have. Regardless, I’m happy to hear that it’s working the way it was designed to.

Daniel @ K8 Stinger Store

Authorized Vendor
Searching for one of the best mods for your Kia Stinger?

Take extra care of your 3.3T or 2.0T engine with the ADD W1 V3.3 Baffled Dual Oil Catch Can.

The ADD W1 V3.3 Kit is built to provide the same protection as two cans in one single catch can kit.

This kit includes a single catch can with 2 inlet ports & 1 outlet port so you can be assured your engine is fully protected.

Grab yours today or reach out to any member of our team if you have any questions at all!

(CLICK THE IMAGE BELOW TO MAKE A PURCHASE OR TO FIND MORE INFORMATION)

V33 Catch Can Kit Post.png