Is excited to FINALLY present to the Stinger forums:

The Kia Stinger K8SS Canbus Control Module

(BUY NOW)

Description:
K8SS_CCM-INFO-1-1.gif

K8SS_CCM-INFO-2.gif

Features:

Installation:

Due to the complexity of the install, we have created a dedicated CCM Knowledge Base complete with all the documentation you will need for the installation, setup, and programming of the Canbus Control Module.
The Knowledge Base includes wiring diagrams, testing and setup documentation, programming procedures, as well as a detailed install walkthrough complete with pictures.

Vehicle Applications:
2018-2021 Kia Stinger (All Models)

Canbus_Control_Module_1_88833a52-4ccc-4d66-b2f0-09970cda0daa_1024x1024.png

Canbus_Control_Module_2_cb2058fa-74c6-42fd-9167-62748ef0d9f8_1024x1024.png

Canbus_Control_Module_a6a770f6-41fc-4f25-a4c0-29cd187f987d_1024x1024.png

Canbus_Control_Module_3_21842cfd-c57d-4bc3-bc6c-670b0bc1a3d9_1024x1024.png

THANK YOU FOR LOOKING!

Last edited by a moderator:

Kamauxx

2500 Posts Club!
What's the purpose of the emergency start/drive feature? How does it work?

K8 Stinger Store

Authorized Vendor
Are there plans to upload a more through instruction guide for the Stinger?
Sure, once we have a customer put together a step by step DIY, we will be adding it to the site. If anyone is in the greater Indiana area, and interested in an install and discount on the module, please reach out to me directly.

What's the purpose of the emergency start/drive feature? How does it work?
This is so you can gain access to the vehicle should you not have your remote keyfob with you. This can only be done when using your custom pin code that you preset.

Kamauxx

2500 Posts Club!
Sure, once we have a customer put together a step by step DIY, we will be adding it to the site. If anyone is in the greater Indiana area, and interested in an install and discount on the module, please reach out to me directly.

This is so you can gain access to the vehicle should you not have your remote keyfob with you. This can only be done when using your custom pin code that you preset.

How is the code entered?

DaJackson

1000 Posts Club!
Louisiana

Until then can you talk about how the wiring diagram and Test and Setup doc show differing wires to connect. Which one should we follow?

K8 Stinger Store

Authorized Vendor
Until then can you talk about how the wiring diagram and Test and Setup doc show differing wires to connect. Which one should we follow?
I am not familiar with that, but we have not had anyone else reach out to us here regarding that in the 1st 50 modules sold.

This is something that we would address through email, so if you are having this issue, please send us over an email to Sales@K8StingerStore.com and I will get back to you during regular business hours.

K8 Stinger Store

Authorized Vendor
Any news on a DIY for this? I’d love to pick one up but I’d like to know how involved the install is.
This product isn’t really a DIY style of product. It is highly recommended that professional installation is done. We are looking for someone in Indiana that is looking to have an install done so that we can put together a step-by-step guide with an installer we work with out there.

However, we still would highly recommend professional installation for this product. Many customers are running into issues not because there’s anything wrong with the product, but because it is very intricate and there are many connections that can be hooked up incorrectly.

AZSting3r

This product isn’t really a DIY style of product. It is highly recommended that professional installation is done. We are looking for someone in Indiana that is looking to have an install done so that we can put together a step-by-step guide with an installer we work with out there.

However, we still would highly recommend professional installation for this product. Many customers are running into issues not because there’s anything wrong with the product, but because it is very intricate and there are many connections that can be hooked up incorrectly.
What type of installer do you suggest to do the install, like a Kia dealership? And should they know how to install this type of thing based on the info in the knowledge base?

K8 Stinger Store

Authorized Vendor
What type of installer do you suggest to do the install, like a Kia dealership? And should they know how to install this type of thing based on the info in the knowledge base?
I would not recommend going to the Kia dealer, as they would not have any more experience with installing this than anyone else.

Plus the Kia dealership will charge you much more in labor. I usually recommend going to Yelp.com and looking for an audio installer in your area.

Once you find a good shop who is rated well, you can send them the wiring diagram, and see if they feel comfortable taking on the project.

I have the system. My installers messed up a couple dip switch settings on the initial install and I went a month without the remote start working and my blind spot control not working. Turns out they read some instructions wrong and admitted it. Now that it works as it should I love it compared to the factory install.

If you're one of those guys that HAVE to DIY, I'd recommend not. But professional install vs. kia factory install this item wins hands down.

Last edited:

K8 Stinger Store

Authorized Vendor
I have the system. My installers messed up a couple dip switch setting on the initial install and I went a month without the remote start working and my blind spot control working. Turns out they read some instructions wrong and admitted it. Now that it works as it should I love it compared to the factory install.

If you're one of those guys that HAVE to DIY, I'd recommend not. But professional install vs. kia factory install this item wins hands down.
Thank you so much for this comment here and for your order with us for this product.

We have sold over 60 modules to the Stinger community thus far, and while the majority of customers have installed it without any issue and are loving it, there are a few that are having issues due to attempting the install on their own, without a ton of experience. Unfortunately, without a lot of experience, if one wire is connected improperly, or 1 dip switch setting is set incorrectly, the product will not function properly.

Even though we have yet to have even (1) defective module in over 5 years of selling this product, (Optima, Cadenza, K900, Forte & Stinger) we constantly will have people having second thoughts on installing/purchasing because they read on social media somewhere that someone was having issues with their install.

We cannot stress enough that professional installation is highly recommended.

I do have a question though that's probably stupid, what/where is the "smart" button?

K8 Stinger Store

Authorized Vendor
I do have a question though that's probably stupid, what/where is the "smart" button?
That is the button on the outer door handle.

Please email me directly if you have any questions or need further assistance.

Sales@K8StingerStore.com

AZSting3r

I have the system. My installers messed up a couple dip switch settings on the initial install and I went a month without the remote start working and my blind spot control not working. Turns out they read some instructions wrong and admitted it. Now that it works as it should I love it compared to the factory install.

How much did the install cost you?

fzavga

Had the control module installed yesterday by BCA of Bakersfield, CA on my 2018 GT2. They did an awesome job and features work as stated. Thanks to the K8 Stinger Store for carrying this product.