1. PLEASE! It is VERY important that this area is not used for the discussion of technical issues with your Stinger. This section is for posting about regional-specific things like Stinger clubs, events, local vendor or dealer recommendations, KiaStinger.com member sightings, etcetera... In other words, I do NOT want people to need to scour through several different sections to find answers about their heads up display. That's why there's a section dedicated specifically to discussions like that. THANK YOU!
Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

UVO Intelligence Canada

Discussion in 'Canada Stinger Forum' started by Tylor Pike, Apr 2, 2018.

1. Tylor Pike

Tylor Pike Canada Member

So. . Has anyone in canada used this app yet? I tried mine out today, even though its warming up i just wanted to check how it worked. I can say the remote start worked after the 3rd attempt. Locking/unlocking doors also worked but the climate controls are finicky. I don't even get the option to turn on heated or cooled seats for my fully loaded stinger.. But in the demo mode it offers that feature on a 2018 rio for gods sake. Also it says my car is black gt limited while its actually red lol. Anyone else missing that feature?

My stinger options
    Screenshot_20180402-193606.png

Rio options
    Screenshot_20180402-193632.png

Last edited: Apr 2, 2018
  2. BIGRED

BIGRED Canada Active Member

I too am missing that feature. I imagine they’ll add it in an UVO update in the near future. Otherwise I’ve had no issues with remote features

• Like Like x 1
  3. Tylor Pike

Tylor Pike Canada Member

Hopefully. But as of now it isnt to big a deal I guess. Just wanted to see if it was just my app/car running the issue. Winter is basically over so I wont be using heated seats much until the fall. And I dont plan on running my engine to cool down my car in the summer. The cooled seats really do work fast anyways.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. BIGRED

How long have you had your Stinger, and how do you like it so far?

5. Walid El-Tawel

Walid El-Tawel Canada Member

That sucks. I’m also in Canada and took ownership today. I downloaded the app. When I sign in it says to call customer service to verify the vehicle. Do you guys have that issue ?

6. Tylor Pike

Tylor Pike Canada Member

I've had mine for a week and a few days so far. I really do love the car. So far in my life I havent owned anything that can outperform the Stinger. The 365 horses is a new experience to me. and it's a great feeling having the power to go with the looks of the vehicle. Gonna be sad when the day comes for me to start using air fresheners. Gona enjoy the new car smell while I can!

7. BIGRED

Your dealer has to register your vehicle for you to be able to use the UVO app. It might take a few days. I’d check with your dealer. Mine was able to set me up right away at delivery

8. Tylor Pike

Tylor Pike Canada Member

Yah I had that problem too. The system is really finicky and you have to be super exact with entering the same info as your dealer. Otherwise it doesnt believe you are the registered owner. Took me 5 mins on the phone to sort it out though, it isnt to bad. If you do get it working in the future let me know if youre missing the heated/cooled seat climate controls as well. It might be a small issue that needs to be fixed with the app. But if we dont tell Kia, then they wont know to fix it.

• Like Like x 1
  9. BIGRED

Enjoy the ride! The Stinger is a real head-turner, and a powerful beast of a car. It puts a smile on my face every time I drive it!

Last edited: Apr 2, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Soca Boy

Soca Boy Canada 1000 Posts Club!

My Stinger is at the dealership, it the final paperwork today. I got it on Saturday late so they sent me home for the weekend, so it’s getting all cleaned up and prepped so I can pick it up tomorrow. I’ll try and get my dealership to help set up the UVO, then it’s off for 3M and window tint.

11. Walid El-Tawel

Sounds good man. As soon as I get the app up and running next week I’ll update you

• Like Like x 1
  12. Walid El-Tawel

Congrats man ! Where you located in Canada ?

13. Soca Boy

Soca Boy Canada 1000 Posts Club!

Edmonton AB

14. Tylor Pike

Tylor Pike Canada Member

Figured id give an update on this for anyone interested. Apparently the first generation stinger models wont get the heated/cooled seat feature through the app at all. I emailed kia to ask about it and they called to tell me that. Pretty shitty but it is what it is. Guess our hands will be warm...but our @$$'s wont be during the winter months.

15. BIGRED

Doesn't make much sense. If it's available on the UVO app for the Niro, why wouldn't they make it available for their halo car?

16. Tylor Pike

Tylor Pike Canada Member

I know..thats what I said in the email. In the demo version of the app even the kia rio has the option..wtf haha. Literally kias cheapest car.

17. California Red

California Red Canada Newish Member

I've had my Stinger GT since December 6th. I ordered it last July so I got one of the very first ones to come into BC. I love it!! Nothing but compliments. I too love the power although I don' boot it around too much. It's just a wonderful feeling knowing that if you do need the power, it's there for you. Gives me a smile every time I do put my foot into it:)

• Like Like x 1
  18. saltee

saltee Canada Newish Member

mine works no problem

19. Crisis

Crisis Canada Active Member

Do you mean that your seats turn on, or just that UVO works?

My UVO works for starting the car, but not very quickly. The whole process from opening the UVO app, picking remote services, then start & select the start setting, entering my PIN and then waiting for it to process the command and start the car is probably about a minute. Not nearly as convenient as I would have hoped. Anyone know how to streamline this process?

20. K-Rock

K-Rock Canada Member

Edit. I'll try to be smarter next time. It seems good now!

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
Draft saved Draft deleted