kia stinger store

Used market- what’s up with the prices?

sym

Ohio
It's actually at the point where my lease buyout is a good value vs. a used car with the same trim which is why I'm keeping mine.

Travis Wills

Stinger Enthusiast
I got a very good offer for my car that I just simply can’t pass up. Used car prices are just stupid right now.

StingertimeNC

NC
I got a very good offer for my car that I just simply can’t pass up. Used car prices are just stupid right now.
you selling? how much, just out of curiosity?

turboAWD

1000 Posts Club!
West Coast
Carmax offered me ~$4K on top of my lease buyout.. However, wondering if there's anything else I want in a similar price range - have to decide in just over a month or so..

Logic717

Atlanta,GA
It’s crazy right now. We just put a deposit on the telluride and it’s going to be 3 months. Demand is so high right now. I’ve been eyeing used 18’ GT2s but I can’t justify paying 35k for one. It’s supposed to be high 20s right now

StingertimeNC

NC
for giggles I did a Carvana quote thingy. 37k and change for my 2019 GT2. paid 42.5k for it just over a year ago. same thing though, what can I get that's better without paying 65k+? Audi RS5 would do it for me but can't afford it!

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW

boosted1g

Sustaining Member
This is why I purchased a new 2021 vs a used 2019.
Low mileage 2019 GT1 was going to be 38k or more.
So factor in less wiggle room on price with a used car, no dealer incentives, higher interest rate, warranty loss if not CPO and the resale value difference between a 2019 vs a 2021 in 6-8 years and I was loosing money buying used.

ScottM

Las Vegas, NV
FYI...I'm selling my 2018 GT2 for $49,999. Awesome deal, trust me!! :whistle:

Actually I was looking the other day at Cars.com, just to see what else is out there and there really isn't anything else I want. I guess I did a really good job of "this vs that" when shopping for what checked my boxes back in 2018. :)

Waynerm002

2500 Posts Club!
Arizona
LOL! Certainly wasn't planning on trading the Stinger, the Optima was up next for replacement. With the equity I had in it and without coming out of pocket with any extra cash and the lease deal on the e-tron, it made sense to do it. The Optima Hybrid now soldiers on as the vehicle I have for the longest period of time, in my history of owning and leasing vehicles.

Logic717

Atlanta,GA
I’m just hoping that after she gets the telly I can get what I really want lol. Buy the dip! Haha