Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Upgrade 2.0T headlights?

Discussion in 'Kia Stinger Lighting - Inside and Out' started by jimdr, Dec 7, 2017.

1. jimdr

jimdr United States Member

Any prospects for improving the stock headlights on a 2.0T base model?

Thanks
    Jim

• Like Like x 1
  2. Kia Stinger

Kia Stinger United States Administrator Staff Member

Welcome aboard, @jimdr! Thank you for signing up. This is a great idea for a discussion and thank you for starting it. People are only just beginning to get their Stingers in the U.S. and it's still fairly new everywhere else. Let's see what our members come up with... Stay tuned!

3. Euljiro1ga

Euljiro1ga Active Member

Yes, the Stinger is pretty new everywhere. Even in Korea where it has been out for over 6 months now - still very limited accessories are available, let alone replacement parts. The only stuff I see on the used markets are wheels and tires - people are selling off the wheels both 18" and 19".

Feels like people are more interested in the performance-related mods than aesthetics at the moment.

I hope the market opens up soon, I am also keeping my eyes on the accessories and parts. I want to replace the interior lights to LEDs.

4. Euljiro1ga

Euljiro1ga Active Member

Oh snap, just as I posted my comment above, I went to check out the used market here in Korea and saw a pair of the LED headlights for sale.

I hope you can see the photo attached below of the post. According to the original post - mint condition, no scratches. For 2,000,000 Korean won (~ 1,850 USD) for the pair, ouch.

I think it fits all the models.

So it seems like there should not be a problem replacing the headlights in the future.

upload_2017-12-8_12-44-1.png

• Like Like x 2
  5. Kia Stinger

Thank you. This is good to know. I think upgrading headlights will be a popular exterior modification for the Stinger.

6. MichaelH

MichaelH United States Newish Member

Thanks. This is the same question i had on my post. Missed yours. Seems steep yet worthwhile to watch.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Paul @ K8 Stinger Store

Paul @ K8 Stinger Store United States Active Member Authorized Vendor

Anyone know the bulb type for the non-led headlights?

8. ImportSharkMike

ImportSharkMike United States Active Member Authorized Vendor

Yea but will the LED and non-LED headlights be compatible on both trim levels? Using the BK2 Genesis Coupe as an example, it was not possible to install OEM HID headlights on a model that came with non-HID headlights from the factory. Guess we will have to wait for someone to take the plunge and be the test dummy...

9. Marty17

Marty17 United States Member

Sub’d. I’m also wondering what bulb Kia uses for their Bi-Xenons. They look weird with the led circle around them

• Like Like x 1
  10. Kia Stinger

Welcome aboard, @Marty17! Thank you for signing up! :)

11. Fried_galaxy_fist

Fried_galaxy_fist United States Newish Member

i believe its stock halogen bulbs. 9005.

12. Paul @ K8 Stinger Store

Paul @ K8 Stinger Store United States Active Member Authorized Vendor

They are! I found the specs and we’ve got them listed on the website for sale for an HID set up!

Morimoto Elite Complete HID Conversion Kits

Draft saved Draft deleted