Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Updated 2019 Porsche 911T vs 2018 Stinger gt2 comparo

Discussion in 'Kia Stinger vs The World' started by CaliSting, Feb 7, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CaliSting

CaliSting United States Stinger Enthusiast

ok have had time in new 911 and thought it would be fun to compare to Stinger since I have daily driven Stinger for 80 miles a day for past year and have a good sense of the car. And who doesn’t enjoy a good 911 vs Stinger comparo? I’m going to stick to the data no subjective or biased assessments.

Looks. 911 is downright sexy. Different kind of sexy than Stinger ...classy sexy. As opposed to slutty sexy like Stinger. And can’t get orange with Stinger. Way more strangers talk to me about 911 and they tend to be better looking strangers ...if you know what I mean. Fewer grandpas at gas pumps and more fine looking ladies as they exit Gucci stores. One odd thing with 911. I opened up rear hood for engine. No engine! Just a couple of electric fans. So not able to open up hood and show off my big plastic turbo engine cover like I used to in Stinger. Tough call but ....Winner the 911!

Getting into 911 compared to Stinger. Ahhh no contortion tricks to get into 911. Proper door opening for tall drivers. That’s one thing that bugged me about Stinger . For a luxary car Stinger door opening was super small for my big tanned Nordic frame. 911 swoop in and out no problem. Hard to look graceful when getting in and out of Stinger. Stinger sort of precludes driving up to those “wanna be seen” restaurants and doing classy slide out of vehicle. 911 far grander entrance and exit. Winner the 911!

Interior design and comfort. Once in the Stinger it’s downright comfy car that means business. Great seats with comfy Napa leather. Can adjust seat in Stinger to fit almost any body type. 911 well composite carbon fiber race seats don’t adjust at all ....you get a skinny non reclining bucket seat. Nice thing about 911 seat is that it reminds me not to eat those fries with lunch or I won’t fit in seat any more. Nice feature! Ok so seats don’t recline or move forward in 911 either - how do I access space behind seats? It’s still a mystery to me and suspect space behind seats will be for looks and not practical day to day use for groceries. Love the 911s old lemans styled manual key slot on left hand side of wheel especially with manual tranny. Porsche’s touches of race car tradition are very nice.

The small alcantara wheel on 911 is all race car. Ok shoot me now if I say I like feel of Stinger wheel better for street car. Also liked all the cool buttons on Stinger wheel. Porsche wheel just has a horn button. No HUD in 911 but I’m ok with no gimmicks and my brain pretty much tuned out HUD display on Stinger . Ever catch yourself looking down at speedo for mph when it’s right in front of you on windshield? Yup that was me! DOH! Porsche does awesome job of hiding all technology they offer. Cabin feels simple and anolog but then they reveal all technology in gauge like display in the instrument cluster. Very nice! Stinger on other hand tries a little too hard to say I have tech and they even put a big ugly technology billboard on the dash. Porsche on other hand cleverly puts a little analog clock/timer on dash but wait is it anolog? No it ties into phone and does cools track app stuff too. Winner 911

Driving experience. Wow these cars have totally different on road personalities. Stinger is really is relaxed more like old grandpa car “Buick relaxed” as opposed to Ferrari GT car relaxed. Kias Smooth shifting 8 speed automatic trans is capable but a bit boring. More cut out for long highway stretches with wife and kids than a romp over Italian alps with your mistress. Porsche 7 speed manual is just so engaging. Relearned about how much different shifting a car is as opposed to manual .forces you to be far more present in driving experience. Had perfect example of this as my girlfriend tried to pass me in her automatic car. I had to actually think and act. Downshift to accelerate. Ok push clutch in, blip throttle, reach out to shifter, shift into 3rd, feather clutch out and hit gas. All done in split second . When you live in mountains like me makes trip to store an adventure for sure! But where the hell do I put those groceries? Hard to argue Stinger hatchbacks practical nature. But hell who aspires to be practical as main achievement in driving pleasure? Not me! Winner Porsche

Engines of these two car are sort of alike but totally different. Both roughly 3 liter twin turbos. Stingers motor is just pure genius with on demand torque and brutal hard pull to 5000 rpm. Could do those stoplight pulls all day long. Bravo Kia . That motor is a gem! Only complaint it sounds way boring and even worse when people put aftermarket mufflers on. Porsche motor on other hand doesn’t hit like a freight train but has beautiful progressive pull all way to 7500 rpm. Porsche motor doesn’t feel turbo charged often. Although can feel lag in taller gears whereas the Stinger no low end lag but car feels turbo charged. Also love crack and pops from Porsche. Sport mode. Would have been nice of Kia to give us real exhaust sound in sport rather than syntho buzz in cabin. Winner Porsche.

So Porsche clearly outclasses the Stinger in all categories. I thought it would be closer but alas no. Kia still hasn’t caught up with clearly superior car company from Germany.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Callum

Callum United States Active Member

So let me get this straight...you are saying the 911, which has been around and perfected over 7 Generations from a German automaker that is geared towards premium buyers, premium components and performance is better than a 1st Generation non-Premium Korean car that's been on the road for 24 months?

No shit bud? I had no idea the 911T was better, I'd of guessed my KIA was a far superior car at a quarter of the cost. My mind is blown to pieces

lol

Last edited: Feb 7, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  3. MisterMac

MisterMac United States Active Member

I finally understand you. You are a professional comedian! Now we all know why we can't take anything you write to be serious. Whew!!! Forgive me for thinking you were downright off your rocker.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Kamauxx

Kamauxx United States 2500 Posts Club!

This is just getting sad.

5. Kamauxx

Kamauxx United States 2500 Posts Club!

Whether you're trying to get hundreds of likes on Instagram or hoping to connect with someone on Tinder, sometimes it can seem like our happiness depends on other people in today's society. But there are ways to stop seeking approval of others. The key is to begin with addressing your own thought process. Rather than seeking approval from external influences, try to find true happiness by developing a more stable relationship within yourself.

Feeling confident without anyone else's approval means loving yourself first and knowing your own self-worth. President and CEO of the 4A’sNancy Hill said in a phone interview with Bustle, "You can't give away something you don't own already. You have to love yourself first."

How To Stop Seeking Approval From Others

#2: Develop a Greater Sense of Self-Worth.

Self-worth is knowing you are loved, valuable, and worthy simply because you are, and not because of what you think, say, do, or what others think of you. We tend to seek approval from others when our sense of self-worth is low, when we believe we have to 'perform' to be worthy of attention and love.

#3 Accept Yourself for Who You Are

Don't worry about what other people are thinking, but instead solely focus on what makes you happy. "It can be challenging to accept all parts of ourselves, but that is truly where self-confidence begins. As we accept who we are, we find we don’t need others’ approval or input anymore, because we know the truth about ourselves,"

#6 Try to Understand Why You're Seeking Approval

"Before you turn to others for approval, stop and ask yourself, 'What do I think about this?' Then, 'Why don’t I trust my own opinion in this matter?'" says Hibbert. "Perhaps you’ll find you are seeking approval because you’re uncertain, or perhaps you feel certain, but you’re seeking approval because you want someone else to like or accept you.

I truly hope this helps you resolve some of your issues.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. eflyguy

eflyguy United States 1000 Posts Club! Staff Member Moderator

We'll let Sal be the one to share reputable, relevant articles from media outlets over in the lounge. Enough with this one.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.