Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

UK version ambient light.

Discussion in 'Kia Stinger Lighting - Inside and Out' started by mev202, Feb 14, 2018.

1. mev202

mev202 United Kingdom Active Member

I know there is a "show us your ambient light" thread, but I noticed there were no European or UK photos on it.

Does anybody know if the UK or EU cars have it?

My car doesn't arrive until march, so don't know yet.

Thanks all.

#drivetoarrive

2. AV8R

AV8R Australia 2500 Posts Club! Staff Member Authorized Vendor Moderator

3. mev202

Australia moved to the UK? Lol.

Thanks for letting me know.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. AV8R

5. xot1

xot1 Korea, Republic of Stinger Enthusiast

Korea doesn't have it! :)

6. AV8R

7. AV8R

8. AndyGT

AndyGT Germany Member

No Ambient lights in all EU Stingers. It's like KIA had a big pool of features and every country had to pick something that they won't get. I was really disappointed when I heard about it, because I would love the colored lights inside the cabin.

9. AV8R

10. AndyGT

AndyGT Germany Member

No, they don't. And the cars software menu obviously misses the ambient options for changing the hue and brightness. It's just not there.

11. AV8R

12. AndyGT

AndyGT Germany Member

Yes I agree ... I don't like it as well. It seems that there is no country in the world, that gets a 100% "full trim" Stinger. The question is - what is the idea behind that strategy? Maybe Kia wants to come up with a "special edition" down the road and will give every country something that it didn't get before? Like they do with the yellow paint in the USA? By the way ... yellow is the only color in Germany that doesn't cost extra money. So basically what is sold as "limited" and "special" in the USA is the cheapest color you can go for in Germany. Every painting costs > 500 EUR extra here, except yellow! Funny, isn't it? :-D

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. AV8R

14. Gdank

Gdank United Kingdom Active Member

Well ... it's listed as an Option to buy for £140 front and £140 back seats.

However you can buy the parts the Kia Parts Website for £55 each.

HOWEVER current GT-S owners have said their car came with their as standard!

So in essence ... who the F*** really knows?

Well I will in 2 weeks! :D

Look put it this way .... It's either an option you'll get for free (because I'd never spend £280 on it!), or a £110 option you can fit yourself once you own the car.

EDIT : Are you talking Ambient Lighting in general and colour selection ... or just foot-well ambient lighting? My Post is regarding Foot-Well, as far as I know we get ambient lighting ... I just don't know if that's configurable with different colours.

15. AndyGT

AndyGT Germany Member

Don't mix that up - Ambient lighting has nothing to do with the foot-well ambient, which is fixed on one color. For the ambient lighting Kia uses LED stripes that can be configured (HUE, brightness) via the car menu system. Either you have that build in or not - in Europe it's not available. If you want to put it in afterwards you would have to modify the software and exchange many interior parts ... if you're lucky enough that the needed wires are integrated at least.

16. mldavis2

mldavis2 United States 1000 Posts Club!

It may be that different markets are being used as test beds for different features to determine the effectiveness and durability. I can understand only shipping AWD to Canada or all-season tires to northern U.S. Some decisions make sense, but not lighting.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Mach_Tuck

Mach_Tuck United States 1000 Posts Club!

Give the Americans a "fancy" color changing LED strip and they wont notice all the other stuff we removed...

@AndyGT...spot on with the color statements...nothing "limited" about the Yellow one in the US other than Kia saying so :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. mev202

I am on about the ambient light strip that lines the outside of the glove box and door handles, I see the footwell lights are an added option on the kia uk website.

Also in the UK the Yellow was the free option, mine will be Panthera Metal with red lining GT-s..... (Diesel... I do loads of motorway miles.)

19. westcoastGT

westcoastGT 2500 Posts Club!

I believe the GT Limited in Canada is full spec , have not seen any OEM option that these cars dont have . It's not very Canadian to feel smug though ....................:laugh::laugh:

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. mev202

Oh no, you can feel smug but then must instantly apologise for feeling smug.

• Funny Funny x 1
Draft saved Draft deleted