Welcome to the Stinger Owners Group!

We have over 10,000 viewers online 24 hours a day, 7 days a week!
Register Now
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Turning On/Off Region Specific Funtions - AUS Models

Discussion in 'Kia Stinger How To's and Do It Yourself' started by Johnny, Apr 15, 2018 at 10:48 PM.

1. Johnny

Johnny Australia Newish Member

I've noticed the Australian Stinger's don't have the interior mood lighting.

From my experience (Ford Ranger), all vehicles have same wiring looms etc. and they just switch things on and off and hide these menus from being accessed to save costs.

For example my Ford Ranger, by using a Ultra Gauge & Forscan you can access the BCM/PCM & TCM and edit/change things like DTE (distance to empty due to larger tyres and bigger fuel tank), turn on/off lighting, change speedometer settings, have mirrors automatically fold in and all sorts of things.

My assumption is that the Australian models have the wiring and lights in place (I have not looked myself though), but it is just switched off and in a background menu we cant see.

Has anyone attached a Ultra Gauge and Forscan to their Stinger to see what can be accessed?

2. AV8R

AV8R Australia 1000 Posts Club! Staff Member Moderator

Boy would I be happy if that was the case!

Draft saved Draft deleted